E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Aux. Output

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Thanks, Rudy!

Originally Posted by andy545' date='Nov 6 2004, 05:44 PM
OK. I'm impressed.

TurboDman...I gotta hand it to you. VERY nice.

How about you send me a complete rundown of the technical installation?
I am definately interested. This has got to be the pinnacle of E60 gadgetary..!!!!

[snapback]53255[/snapback]

I'm interested too!!!
Old 11-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

Hey Guys i am glad you liked the pictures .... Rudy thank you so much for reposting the pictures great job... I guess you can call this a nice solution if you have a bunch of mp3 that u want to run. You can look up a lot of this information on www.mp3car.com a lot of stuff there and ideas just read read read read This is my car spec i will give you web sites too so you call look up and read on the parts:

Mother Board MINI-ITX.www.mini-itx.com..
I used EPIA MII10000 it has a build in processor, its called VIA C3 to what i read about it its compared to P4.

My power supply is a OPUS 90W Power supply. www.opussolutions.com...
It powers up and powers down the computer properly, I also purchased the case from opus. Its call opus mini itx case with a build in fan and powersupply. I could off build a case my self from a nintendo 64 case but i guess i am lazy The computer is connected to the ignition switch and a bettery for power.

My front end is Frodoplayer www.frodoplayer.com. i have over 400 music videos so that front end was perfect for me. You can also hook up your cell phone to your carputer to get your phone calls running from it. Just an idea

The video module behind the I drive comes from navwithtv.. easy install like i said earlier besicly plug it in. Navigation which i am running is called Microsoft streets and roads it offers points of intrest, automatic rerouting, gas stations, hheheheh and all for $120.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TurboDman' date='Nov 6 2004, 01:42 PM
Hey Guys i am glad you liked the pictures? .... Rudy thank you so much for reposting the pictures great job... I guess you can call this a nice solution if you have a bunch of mp3 that u want to run. You can look up a lot of this information on www.mp3car.com a lot of stuff there and ideas just read read read read? ? This is my car spec i will give you web sites too so you call look up and read on the parts:

I used EPIA MII10000 it has a build in processor, its called VIA C3 to what i read about it its compared to P4.

It powers up and powers down the computer properly, I also purchased the case from opus. Its call opus mini itx case with a build in fan and powersupply. I could off build a case my self from a nintendo 64 case but i guess i am lazy? ? The computer is connected to the ignition switch and a bettery for power.

My front end is Frodoplayer www.frodoplayer.com. i have over 400 music videos so that front end was perfect for me. You can also hook up your cell phone to your carputer to get your phone calls running from it. Just an idea?

The video module behind the I drive comes from navwithtv.. easy install like i said earlier besicly plug it in. Navigation which i am running is called Microsoft streets and roads it offers points of intrest, automatic rerouting, gas stations, hheheheh and all for $120.
[snapback]53308[/snapback]
This is all getting a little scary. Now you've got me really thinking. If you were able to put a computer in your car, I'm guessing you could also put in a wireless card and network you car to your home network. Is this the next step for BMW? Perhaps some time in the future we'll be able to receive maintenance and software updates while our car is sitting in our garage.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Nov 6 2004, 09:52 PM
[quote name='TurboDman' date='Nov 6 2004, 01:42 PM']Hey Guys i am glad you liked the pictures? .... Rudy thank you so much for reposting the pictures great job... I guess you can call this a nice solution if you have a bunch of mp3 that u want to run. You can look up a lot of this information on www.mp3car.com a lot of stuff there and ideas just read read read read? ? This is my car spec i will give you web sites too so you call look up and read on the parts:

It powers up and powers down the computer properly, I also purchased the case from opus. Its call opus mini itx case with a build in fan and powersupply. I could off build a case my self from a nintendo 64 case but i guess i am lazy? ? The computer is connected to the ignition switch and a bettery for power.

My front end is Frodoplayer www.frodoplayer.com. i have over 400 music videos so that front end was perfect for me. You can also hook up your cell phone to your carputer to get your phone calls running from it. Just an idea?

[snapback]53308[/snapback]
This is all getting a little scary. Now you've got me really thinking. If you were able to put a computer in your car, I'm guessing you could also put in a wireless card and network you car to your home network. Is this the next step for BMW? Perhaps some time in the future we'll be able to receive maintenance and software updates while our car is sitting in our garage.
[snapback]53325[/snapback]
[/quote]

We think the software is buggy and strange now just wait. Imagine a virus in our cars!
Old 11-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by HIO' date='Nov 6 2004, 05:31 AM
Well guys!
The pictures are still very impressive, good resolution but a few are too dark and out of focus.
Nice girl on the screen btw.
[snapback]53235[/snapback]
i'm with you . anyway, rudy solved the problem .
Old 11-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Members

I've now gone to the second BMW dealership (South Bay BMW) that is stating they cannot install it. I even showed the guy the English instructions and he said that he didn't know where those came from and this install is not in his computer. He stated that the aux input is only authorized for E39 installations. I think I am going to start calling independent BMW repair locations as I'm ready to give up on the dealerships.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by redondoman' date='Nov 6 2004, 09:52 PM
This is all getting a little scary.? Now you've got me really thinking.? If you were able to put a computer in your car, I'm guessing you could also put in a wireless card and network you car to your home network.? Is this the next step for BMW?? Perhaps some time in the future we'll be able to receive maintenance and software updates while our car is sitting in our garage.
[snapback]53325[/snapback]
BMW is in fact working on it.
They have a family living in a house in Switzerland that is completely wired and you can control it from your car.
It's called "Connected Drive".
They can switch on the oven, turn the lights on, the TV, take a look inside via webcams, talk to ppl who are at their door...
Pretty cool stuff!
Old 11-07-2004, 03:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

This might hold out some hope for us American's trying to get MP3 music in our E60s...

iCruze
Old 11-07-2004, 06:48 AM
Members

My Ride: [b]1993 Toyota Supra MKIV (6-speed Targa top) - SP67DBB Single Turbo[/b]

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Nov 7 2004, 02:40 PM
This might hold out some hope for us American's trying to get MP3 music in our E60s...

iCruze?
[snapback]53494[/snapback]
This is the same thing that is already offered by several other manufacturers, i.e. Dension. It will not work for the E60 because the E60 does not have a simple 'old fashioned' CD changer cable where you can plug it in.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/bmw/
http://www.dension.com/main.php?pageid=50&topid=42
Old 11-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 545 Silver Grey, Grey, Sports Package, Preimium, Cold Weather, Shades, PDC, Logic 7, Fold Down Back Seats, AUX, Carputer

Yeah Iceman i been reading about Connected Drive too, it would be awsome when they finnaly do incouperat that into our cars.

I do have a wireless usb connecter running in my carputer, i can get online at some of my local coffe shops or malls depends how lucky i get. Maybe eventuall i get a cable for my cell phone so i can use my cell to get online if i ever need to. It is conected to my home network thats how i upgrade my computer files.

I actually got online at the dealership when i was droping my car off for the AUX install, so i took advantage and download some upgrades for my front end.

In regards to Apple i pods yea it be awsome if you can use your stering wheel controls to change songs, i think there is a way to hack into the stering wheel and just run wires down to the I-pod. I am pretty sure you can do it, because i am sure when the Dealships going to start installing it it be around $500 bucks.

Quick Reply: Aux. Output