E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Another photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Just get a m5 man
Naw, too much flash for me... it's nice though...
Old 09-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Thanks man!

The story with the engine is really weird, but really great in the end for me, because the engine is still going strong and there are no more issues. Originally, it showed overheating message and I shut it off and trucked it to the nearest shop. There, I found some oil in the coolant and that was really bothering me, but after the new coil, thermostat and water pump, it has been running perfect, not a worry in the world. Now, the thermostat and water pump were done in a different shop and the coil I just swapped with a buddy (who's a mechanic, but it's a pretty easy job). I've put on a couple of thousand miles on the car since then without any issues at all, so I'm chalking up the oil in the coolant to a sabotage by the mechanics at the first shop where I brought the car - they were VERY shifty and suspicious. The guy insisted on adding his own coolant and then running the engine until it threw overheating message again - wish every idiot like that would just quit and get a job doing something they really know and like, instead of sabotaging people's cars. But whatever, my tech definitely assured me the engine is absolutely fine and I've got nothing to worry about. About 50 times, because I kept asking him to look at the car daily LOL yeah, I get like that with this car, it's really stupid, but I can't help it - even when it's already fixed, I go to stop by my indie's shop just to let him take a quick glance at her and make sure there aren't any problems... they "love" me over there hahaha

How've you been? We've had no meets this year, basically. We should do a restaurant meet in Fort Lee for KBBQ again - before it gets cold
Been good, can't complain! So glad to hear that your engine situation is resolved and that it's running smooth! I just don't get people, why can't they just do the right thing??? . Well, what comes around goes around and with unhappy customers results in closed shops!! lol!

In Honk Kong now and returning to Beijing tonight. See If John and the crew from Motorcepts want to set up a meet soon, I'll be down for that, especially KBBQ! Take it east V...
Old 09-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by dragonfx
Been good, can't complain! So glad to hear that your engine situation is resolved and that it's running smooth! I just don't get people, why can't they just do the right thing??? . Well, what comes around goes around and with unhappy customers results in closed shops!! lol!

In Honk Kong now and returning to Beijing tonight. See If John and the crew from Motorcepts want to set up a meet soon, I'll be down for that, especially KBBQ! Take it east V...
Fort Lee - Best KBBQ EVER! John can come too

And yes, I agree that people have to do business honestly. Unfortunately, lately, it's not the case much too often. The shop that I took the car to originally used to be very reputable in Fort Lee, NJ, but it has since changed ownership and the guy that used to run it now only owns the property. He leased out the shop to some Russians, who hired a bunch of cheap labor, and apparently, instructed them to do anything they can think of to rip people of. The manager of the shop was kind of cool with me, but I saw through it. Above all, I was suspicious when the mechanic - instead of trying to figure out the issue - decided to top off the coolant and run the car until the overheat message reappeared. That was the red flag. I paid ~300 bucks to flatbed the car back to my neighborhood, to a mechanic I know and trust. That's where I had the pump and thermo swapped. He wanted to do the thermostat first and see what happened, but I said "do both", since mileage on the car was about 87K, and both were in need of replacement as a precautionary measure. Anyway, I'm SO happy that I took my car away from those butchers over there... it's the only reason I still have it - I'd probably have sold it to some dealer for nothing and been driving some POS by now.

When are you coming to NYC? So I can kind of situate the KBBQ around that.