E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Another photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Need something more practical, with more ground clearance and room to haul stuff... but lately, I've been working on a plan...
Do what my plan is - we got a 93 lbs lab a BMW and a Benz. I am going to be buying a beater - preferably an older SUV with AWD.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by SSRL_2006
Are you getting F13 6 Series?
I wish! No, I'm getting a truck/SUV...

Originally Posted by Munich77
Do what my plan is - we got a 93 lbs lab a BMW and a Benz. I am going to be buying a beater - preferably an older SUV with AWD.
I've been thinking about buying a Subaru Forester and throwing some fat off-roading wheels and tires on it, bars and everything - make it a go-anywhere, any weather kind of vehicle.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

looks great, love the clean oem looks. I am a big fan of those bbs wheels. as far as the exhaust tips, were they painted or what? looking to do the same thing. overall fantastic photos and great looking whip!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sluis530
looks great, love the clean oem looks. I am a big fan of those bbs wheels. as far as the exhaust tips, were they painted or what? looking to do the same thing. overall fantastic photos and great looking whip!
I bought a set of used OEM "Gloss Black" exhaust tips from an M Sport 550, and simply fitted them over the stock tips. You can paint yourself (I had done that to my original tips - easy project), but they will not have the same gloss of OEM ones. Well, at least, I don't think I could manage that. But it's really easy to paint them - search DIY on this forum, if you decide to do it
Old 08-25-2011, 11:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Hey, you can always buy it and paint it
Anything is possible Anyway, great car and great taste, Vlad!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

Looking good! Been out of the loop since Eurofest. Last I heard you blew your engine...how'd that turn out? ( sorry,don't mean to dredge up frustrating memories )
Also, are your side skirts stock ?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dragonfx
Looking good! Been out of the loop since Eurofest. Last I heard you blew your engine...how'd that turn out? ( sorry,don't mean to dredge up frustrating memories )
Also, are your side skirts stock ?
Thanks man!

The story with the engine is really weird, but really great in the end for me, because the engine is still going strong and there are no more issues. Originally, it showed overheating message and I shut it off and trucked it to the nearest shop. There, I found some oil in the coolant and that was really bothering me, but after the new coil, thermostat and water pump, it has been running perfect, not a worry in the world. Now, the thermostat and water pump were done in a different shop and the coil I just swapped with a buddy (who's a mechanic, but it's a pretty easy job). I've put on a couple of thousand miles on the car since then without any issues at all, so I'm chalking up the oil in the coolant to a sabotage by the mechanics at the first shop where I brought the car - they were VERY shifty and suspicious. The guy insisted on adding his own coolant and then running the engine until it threw overheating message again - wish every idiot like that would just quit and get a job doing something they really know and like, instead of sabotaging people's cars. But whatever, my tech definitely assured me the engine is absolutely fine and I've got nothing to worry about. About 50 times, because I kept asking him to look at the car daily LOL yeah, I get like that with this car, it's really stupid, but I can't help it - even when it's already fixed, I go to stop by my indie's shop just to let him take a quick glance at her and make sure there aren't any problems... they "love" me over there hahaha

How've you been? We've had no meets this year, basically. We should do a restaurant meet in Fort Lee for KBBQ again - before it gets cold
Old 09-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

Something with more room huh. How bout an M5 estate balllllleeeeerrrrr!!!!!! Can I come to the meet even though I have a lowly X5 now?
Old 09-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JOHN
Something with more room huh. How bout an M5 estate balllllleeeeerrrrr!!!!!! Can I come to the meet even though I have a lowly X5 now?
that's a HELLZ YEAH on both
Old 09-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Just get a m5 man

Quick Reply: Another photoshoot