E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

worst day of my life

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

omg. drive safe. Keep BIG distance!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

damn sorry to hear... hopefully you don't have to pay to repair both cars... I think you only cover half of the damage to the car that was hit by the guy you rear ended, and he pays the other half - something about him having to keep enough distance for exactly these circumstances. but judging from the look of the impact and damage to your car, you were going fast enough for the safe distance rule not to matter anymore.

sorry man, gl
Old 08-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Members

I truly feel your pain, especially after looking in your sig to see all you've put into her. Just be glad it wasn't worse...you could have been seriously injured or worse in a wreck that bad.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danzanchy
damn sorry to hear... hopefully you don't have to pay to repair both cars... I think you only cover half of the damage to the car that was hit by the guy you rear ended, and he pays the other half - something about him having to keep enough distance for exactly these circumstances. but judging from the look of the impact and damage to your car, you were going fast enough for the safe distance rule not to matter anymore.

sorry man, gl
Yes he will be responsible for all of his own car plus the rear end damage to the car he hit. The car that was hit is responsible for his front end damage and the car he hits rear.

I was this middle person when hit and its a crappy deal since some guy hits me and I am stopped and it jolts my car into one stopped in front of me at a redlight--i mean how much space do you leave between cars at a redlight right.. that rule makes no sense being stpped but that is how it goes
Old 08-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

If this is really the worst day of your life, life must be pretty good and life really isn't bad at all. Look at it this way, worst things can, will, and has happen to the rest of us..

anyhow good luck with everything.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Cars are replaceable, people are not....count your blessings!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Wow, sorry to hear about the car bro. It is a terrible feeling when you step out and look at the damage. But, at least you can look at it you know.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by tonymac
But, at least you can look at it you know.
What Tony said...
Old 08-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Diamond
dont take this the wrong way but if it is totalled and you get a sweet new ride can I have first dibs on your carbon fiber trim it looks great!

I agree, this probably isn't the best time but I'd like to call dibs right here on the LCI tails and the wheels if it's a write off and he chooses not to keep them.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by danzanchy

sorry man, gl
Is this correct?

About three years ago, I was in a minor accident, and I was the car in the front in a three car collision. I don't believe my insurance collected from the lady that hit me, but the person that hit the car behind me.

Quick Reply: worst day of my life