E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Why are BMW drivers hated?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when your on top everyone is looking to knock you down. take the dirty looks and rude comments as a compliment, they'd all like to be driving the best sedan in its class.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by BigRevKev' post='801079
Rubbish. a FIAT 500 (old model) is a cool car.
I keep one of those in my trunk in case someone doesn't think my E60 is cool enough.

Originally Posted by chris f' post='801137' date='Feb 25 2009, 09:12 AM
The author of that article is probably a Vauxhall driving nobody with an inferiority complex, nobody here goes on about people driving kia's and how cheap they are. Shows the level of intelligence of some people who do not earn enough to buy a BMW.

An empty vessel makes the most noise.
I have to agree with this 100%. It's like when we tell our wives that this smoking hot blonde who just walked by is really not that pretty...
Old 02-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530xi 2006 with nav and premium package

thats so funny...
seems like a writer possess Japanese car
Old 02-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

i think its clear that they hate.. i do however have a son named Brandon .. dropped out of high school.. got a GED, never joined a sorority(hated those snobby shits) and i love my pretty car.. i think its clear that they hate, judge a person by the classy car they drive and probably have self confidence issues.. they need to get a LIFE instead of writing about others! lolol.. lifes too short people to hate.. "be happy!!" lol
Old 02-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigRevKev' post='801081' date='Feb 25 2009, 06:27 AM
Rubbish. What gets up peoples noses is that bmw drivers think that their cars are cool, aggressive, confident? and sophisticated and that the BMW is the only car that is and therefore everyone else is envious.
You don't know what "cool" means. BMWs are absolutely 100% not cool. You can't go up to a girl and say "Hi, I drive a BMW". They are just not a cool car to own. a FIAT 500 (old model) is a cool car. An SL350 Gullwing is a cool car. A 5 series BMW driven by fat bankers is about an uncool as you can get I'm afraid.
That said they are fantastic cars and I really like them, but lets not go nuts.
As for aggressive, they are. There are better but I would agree, but I dont' think anyone is jealous at how "aggressive" a car is.
they dont' have more sophistication that other cars on the road either. They may have more than alot but not all.
Overall I think people get annoyed at the fact that BMW drivers think people are envious of them. The fact is that they are not that bothered but many BMW drivers think they are.
You could attribute those 4 adjectives to describe any car on the road if it's your favorite car.
That must be in ireland only, or for an older crowd. I am a car enthusiast, so i can appreciate an SL350 gullwing. I live in tampa and the 5 series here I have seen are driven by young successful good looking people. does that sound pretentious? who cars, I am a dick, we covered that already. If i spent a few hundred grand on the gullwing or whatever they cost now if you can find one, my grandfather would beg me for a ride and people my age would want to know why the car doesnt have heated seats.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='801266' date='Feb 25 2009, 01:35 PM
i think its clear that they hate.. i do however have a son named Brandon .. dropped out of high school.. got a GED, never joined a sorority(hated those snobby shits) and i love my pretty car.. i think its clear that they hate, judge a person by the classy car they drive and probably have self confidence issues.. they need to get a LIFE instead of writing about others! lolol.. lifes too short people to hate.. "be happy!!" lol
if your son joined a sorority, you would have a whole other problem besides him dropping out of high school
Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

This thread really has me LOL'ing -- this is a good one!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by melimel' post='801266' date='Feb 25 2009, 01:35 PM

you said it MEl The be happy part lol I dont have any kids
Old 02-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

keep hating!!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Members

I have to agree with this 100%. It's like when we tell our wives that this smoking hot blonde who just walked by is really not that pretty...

LMAO!

What happens if you have a wife that points out the pretty blondes for you?!

The only time I get dirty looks is when I fly by people, expecially the cops, they don't seem to like that to much. Usually, I get the jerks that feel the need to just cut me off, or move over into my lane as they see me flying up in their rearview. I have NEVER been messed with so much on the freeway, until I got my E60. I can tell you that this is a total attention whore car...If you don't like to be looked at in a positive OR negitive way...get a minivan

Quick Reply: Why are BMW drivers hated?