E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Why are BMW drivers hated?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Contributors

I don't really care what people think. But I do find it hard to be inconspicuous though when the road is a sea of silver japanese cars and I'm in an Indianapolis Red M5 all polished and clean..
Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Senior Members

Well here there was/is a different story. A few years ago, back in 2002 or so i hated BMW but that didn't have anything to do with the cars. I admired the cars. It had to do with the drivers behind the wheels, and i'm not talking about the 2002 models. A lot of gypsies and brainless gorillas that think they are part of the mafia drive older BMWs that are kept in very very bad shape, moded with some 10$ exhausts and think they are king of the roads. Also those guys might have some big dices hung from the rear view mirror.

And then there were brainless gorillas or richey rich kids that drove the best BMW had to offer at that time, mostly E46 M3s and E39 M5s. At that time i was very passionate about Alfa Romeo as i think that brand had/have beautiful styled cars, but most important had some of the passsion that goes into making a car, just as BMWs and was able to spank a few BMW Ms with the right model with the right driver. Such a model was the Alfa 156 GTA, a car that i like even to this day. So in a way i wanted to detach from the local stereotype and get a car that's maybe just as passionate. But then i drove a BMW, and saw the fun of RWD car.

Even to this day there are monkeys that hurt the brand and cause the stereotype, and most of them here drive BMWs and Porsches. Lately though some of them started to migrate to more exclusive cars as Astons or Masseratis. About the rest of the haters i don't give a s$it about them.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 SE Auto in Black

its ok all the cocks that used to drive lik ethat in BMW's now drive Audis
Old 02-25-2009, 01:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2003 BMW 530i M sport

Originally Posted by westside' post='801041' date='Feb 25 2009, 09:09 AM
its ok all the cocks that used to drive lik ethat in BMW's now drive Audis
this is true Bmw drivers are no longer cocks
Old 02-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525i LCI - saphire black on black dakota leather, dark poplar wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6230i bluetooth + cradle, rain sensor, A/C with extended features, extended lights package, PDC, rear power sunshade, AUX Jack, steptronic, M-Tech steering wheel, 10 Airbags, smokers package, DSC, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, business radio; power folding mirrors Mods: iPOD (OEM), BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat, ///M Aerodyamics kit (OEM), 18" rims style 184 (OEM), 245/45 R18 93Y Contisport, ///M boot-lid spoiler (OEM), OEM Headlight washer system Future Mods: Solaris Invisibulbs - Amber Flash all-round; LED interior kit; LED License Plate; The Mrs.: 2009 e90 320i LCI - Carbon Black, Beige leather interior, Dark Poplar Wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6233 bluetooth + cradle, extended lights package, rear power sunshade, NEW I-DRIVE with HDD + 2USB Slots +AUX Jack, steptronic, DSC, Smokers package, business radio Mods:BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat The cars were manufactured in Egypt! :)

It's the envy... the cars look cool, aggressive, confident, and sophisticated. and that just pisses those who dont have them off....
Old 02-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 520i SE, 04, 18" 245s, Sapphire Black, Cream leather.

"When I drive my honda around, and see nice BMW, I smile and give it a
thumbs up. What they do? They stare at you, sometimes look down on you,
sometimes even laugh at you, sometimes just totally ignore you."

I have an issue with this.
You wave to someone you know. It's an acknowledgment of sorts.
You don't wave to someone to save "nice car".
You might as well be waving to say "nice hat", "I like the lady in the seat behind you so thumbs up for that".

Anyone waving at me gets a scowl unless I know them (when I wave back).
Most people see their cars as just ways to get from A to B.
Some people want to get there in big cars, in cars with a high vantage point, in cars with a loud engine, in cars with a nice paint color.
I ignore anyone that waves at me becuase if for one second I think they are waving because of my car then I know I'm up my own hole and have a stupid sense of self importance and believe the hype that they are waving cos I have a BMW.

Less waving. Drive whatever car you like and for crying out loud lets stop the waving at each other.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:27 AM
Members

My Ride: 520i SE, 04, 18" 245s, Sapphire Black, Cream leather.

Originally Posted by Egypt_525i' post='801072' date='Feb 25 2009, 06:49 AM
It's the envy... the cars look cool, aggressive, confident, and sophisticated. and that just pisses those who dont have them off....

Rubbish. What gets up peoples noses is that bmw drivers think that their cars are cool, aggressive, confident? and sophisticated and that the BMW is the only car that is and therefore everyone else is envious.
You don't know what "cool" means. BMWs are absolutely 100% not cool. You can't go up to a girl and say "Hi, I drive a BMW". They are just not a cool car to own. a FIAT 500 (old model) is a cool car. An SL350 Gullwing is a cool car. A 5 series BMW driven by fat bankers is about an uncool as you can get I'm afraid.
That said they are fantastic cars and I really like them, but lets not go nuts.
As for aggressive, they are. There are better but I would agree, but I dont' think anyone is jealous at how "aggressive" a car is.
they dont' have more sophistication that other cars on the road either. They may have more than alot but not all.
Overall I think people get annoyed at the fact that BMW drivers think people are envious of them. The fact is that they are not that bothered but many BMW drivers think they are.
You could attribute those 4 adjectives to describe any car on the road if it's your favorite car.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535XIT Space Gray, Cream Beige LeatherCold Weather, Premium, Auto, Rear Side Window Shapes, Heated Rear Seats, Park Distance, Navigation, Satellite Radio
Model Year: 08

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='800515' date='Feb 24 2009, 04:03 PM
I am 7587564364848% sure that that comment was written by a Liberal.

From my experience...

BMW drivers drive the best. People in small Corolla's or little Nissan's (Nothing against Corolla's or Nissan's ) are the worst drivers.

I actually enjoy seeing another 5 series on the road - It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I am always try to find all the mods and by now I can identify the model number of every 1,3,5,6, and 7 series on the road before I see the badge. I can also say if it has sport package or not and if it is LCI or not. I think it is actually quite fun.
I agree it kids in stove pipe corolla's, civics and Nissan's that cut in and out that scare me.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Members

The author of that article is probably a Vauxhall driving nobody with an inferiority complex, nobody here goes on about people driving kia's and how cheap they are. Shows the level of intelligence of some people who do not earn enough to buy a BMW.

An empty vessel makes the most noise.

Quick Reply: Why are BMW drivers hated?