E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Why are BMW drivers hated?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009 | 10:43 AM
Contributors

Here is just a tidbit: http://www.epinions.com/content_960077956

#1:BMW (Any Model). Aggressive: 10 Lack of Attention: 10 Lack of courtesy: 10 Asshole meter: 10
All hail the champion! BMW drivers are bar none, the worst around. They have managed to achieve that elusive combination of disdain, money, attitude, disregard for others, and self-importance that no other drivers have. BMW drivers don't just not care about you ? they HATE you. They hate having to share the road with any other driver. They hate those who drive what they consider sub-standard cars (i.e. any car not costing over $40,000) because they are losers. They hate those who drive Mercedes, Lexus, etc because they are stuffy or old. They hate those who drive SUVs because they take up too much room. They hate those who drive Porsches, Corvettes, and other big-bicks sports cars because those drivers don't drive fast enough. They even hate other BMW drivers because they can't stand that anyone else has their car. BMW drivers are generally white 40-somethings with a wife and three kids, plus a mistress on the side. They tend to be largely lawyers or investment bankers, whose philosophy is that the world is here to serve them, and it is doing a bad job of it. They mistreat and underpay their illegal Honduran or El Salvadoran housekeepers, and consistently mispronounce their names. Their children are named Kaitlyn or Brittney or Chase or Brendan. They were all in either fraternities or sororities, play golf badly, and revere Tiger Woods for being a credit to his race. They are the scum of the earth, and are truly deserving the title of the worst drivers around. If you want to have fun, do yourself a favor and cut a BMW driver off without acknowledging him. Then when he honks his horn or gesticulates at you, give him the bird. The audacity of your display will send him into a rage the likes of which will provide you with hours of enjoyment as you recall how many shades of purple his face became as he cursed you out for soiling his planet with your existence.
So, why do people hate BMW drivers? Are we truly super-pricks or what?! Christ.

I have to admit, however, I laughed my ass off reading the above paragraph...
Old 02-24-2009 | 10:45 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

what's the problem? we are superior and better than all other drivers.

most of the time i equate that stuff to jealousy and some BMW driver pissed them off by cutting them off. you can never please anyone, there will always be rotten apples.

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='800437' date='Feb 24 2009, 11:43 AM
Here is just a tidbit: http://www.epinions.com/content_960077956

So, why do people hate BMW drivers? Are we truly super-pricks or what?! Christ.

I have to admit, however, I laughed my ass off reading the above paragraph...
Old 02-24-2009 | 10:52 AM
Members

Because we all have a grin on our faces behind the wheels piloting the ultimate driving machine ! Seeing how the other halves live in style !
Old 02-24-2009 | 10:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

As much as I hate to generalize, I will. It's a slightly unfair stereotype, but most stereotypes have at least some basis in truth, and here it is 100% down to 3 Series drivers.
Old 02-24-2009 | 10:53 AM
Senior Members

LOL !
Old 02-24-2009 | 10:54 AM
Contributors

And another!!! http://www.e90post.com/forums/archiv...hp/t-5334.html

deutschmann5910-05-2005, 05:25 PM
I hated BMW with a passion. Not because of the car...because of the people I used to know that drove them. They were arrogant, mean, and blah blah blah. I even used to tell jokes to my friends whenever BMW came up in conversation: "What's the difference between porcupines and BMWs? The pricks are on the outside of porcupines... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
AND

lux.sh10-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Reason being, ALOT of BMW owners are total jerks.
Example, while 60% of japanese luxury brand owners are jerks, 80% of
BMW owners are jerks.

I used to bash on BMW owners(just the owners. I loved the car) all the
times. I still do whenever I encounter cocky bmw owners.
Its not like we own Ferraris here. Ferrari/Aston Martin vanquish owners
deserve to be cocky.

When I drive my honda around, and see nice BMW, I smile and give it a
thumbs up. What they do? They stare at you, sometimes look down on you,
sometimes even laugh at you, sometimes just totally ignore you.

Yes, majority of the BMW owners are cocky.
I was VERY surprised to see BMW owners here in this forum are very
nice actually. Realized, its just this board. When I go to Bimmerfest or
where-ever, same story. All about bashing, laughing at other brand cars.

Pathetic.
WTF?!!? hahaha
Old 02-24-2009 | 10:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by swajames' post='800447' date='Feb 24 2009, 02:53 PM
As much as I hate to generalize, I will. It's a slightly unfair stereotype, but most stereotypes have at least some basis in truth, and here it is 100% down to 3 Series drivers.
Touche!!!
Old 02-24-2009 | 11:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Ahhh.....Don't we all relish in the truth of it all!
The writer must have a Benz.
Old 02-24-2009 | 11:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='800437' date='Feb 24 2009, 11:43 AM
BMW drivers are generally white 40-somethings with a wife and three kids, plus a mistress on the side. They tend to be largely lawyers or investment bankers, whose philosophy is that the world is here to serve them, and it is doing a bad job of it. They mistreat and underpay their illegal Honduran or El Salvadoran housekeepers, and consistently mispronounce their names. Their children are named Kaitlyn or Brittney or Chase or Brendan. They were all in either fraternities or sororities, play golf badly, and revere Tiger Woods for being a credit to his race.

Wow, how do they know all that stuff about me?

I've got to keep my personal details hidden a little better....

EDIT - just so this post is not completely without content, I will say that I've gotten more hostility on the road in 6 months of 550i ownership than I have in the last 10 years of driving Porsches. The car really does seem to bring out the anger in people.
Old 02-24-2009 | 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by 1600' post='800457' date='Feb 24 2009, 12:01 PM
Ahhh.....Don't we all relish in the truth of it all!
The writer must have a Benz.
Nah, probably a Hyundai Genesis!

Quick Reply: Why are BMW drivers hated?