E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Why are BMW drivers hated?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='800480' date='Feb 24 2009, 03:27 PM
It's interesting, my brother-in-law also shared those pre-conceptions about BMW drivers. He had no desire to own a BMW. He'd never driven one and didn't see the attraction, although he hadn't driven a Porsche either but DID see the attraction there, hence less hostility towards Porsche drivers. Once I let him have a drive of my car, it was less than a month before he'd sold his car and bought a BMW. I think BMW and Porsche drivers are very similar, they both are all about the ultimate driving machine.
+1
Old 02-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='800485' date='Feb 24 2009, 04:30 PM
What's to hate?

I guess I hate his presence in golf rather than himself. Whenever he is in a tournament, you have to watch every single stroke of his, whether he is leading or not. Many times, you miss most of the actual leader's shots so we can watch Tiger.....just annoying if you are a true fan of golf.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mag75' post='800504' date='Feb 24 2009, 09:54 PM
I guess I hate his presence in golf rather than himself. Whenever he is in a tournament, you have to watch every single stroke of his, whether he is leading or not. Many times, you miss most of the actual leader's shots so we can watch Tiger.....just annoying if you are a true fan of golf.
Yeah, I can dig that. I used to watch Golf in the 80s around the time that Nick Faldo was winning everything. You're right, it's all about the current hot player. Before Faldo it was Sevvy. Didn't matter if they were 10 shots off the lead they still got face time.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I am 7587564364848% sure that that comment was written by a Liberal.

From my experience...

BMW drivers drive the best. People in small Corolla's or little Nissan's (Nothing against Corolla's or Nissan's ) are the worst drivers.

I actually enjoy seeing another 5 series on the road - It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I am always try to find all the mods and by now I can identify the model number of every 1,3,5,6, and 7 series on the road before I see the badge. I can also say if it has sport package or not and if it is LCI or not. I think it is actually quite fun.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='800515' date='Feb 24 2009, 04:03 PM
I am 7587564364848% sure that that comment was written by a Liberal.

From my experience...

BMW drivers drive the best. People in small Corolla's or little Nissan's (Nothing against Corolla's or Nissan's ) are the worst drivers.

I actually enjoy seeing another 5 series on the road - It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I am always try to find all the mods and by now I can identify the model number of every 1,3,5,6, and 7 series on the road before I see the badge. I can also say if it has sport package or not and if it is LCI or not. I think it is actually quite fun.

I love seeing other 5ers too. I also enjoy the parking lot chat when another Bimmer lover sees my car and goes ape shit with compliments.

Makes my car feel unique. Yes, my car can hear the compliments and drives faster because of them. I think I have an I-7 engine now. It just keeps getting more ballzy!!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='800515
I love seeing other 5ers too. I also enjoy the parking lot chat when another Bimmer lover sees my car and goes ape shit with compliments. Makes my car feel unique.
My car is about as unique as a toyota corolla around here. In fact, a toyota corolla would be more unique here - I think 5's have outsold them in Bavaria for the last 20 years
Old 02-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='800516' date='Feb 24 2009, 04:05 PM
I love seeing other 5ers too. I also enjoy the parking lot chat when another Bimmer lover sees my car and goes ape shit with compliments.

Makes my car feel unique. Yes, my car can hear the compliments and drives faster because of them. I think I have an I-7 engine now. It just keeps getting more ballzy!!
Hahaha. I always seek out drivers on the road and drive next too or behind them and see if they want to have a little fun...

And parking next to other BMW's also helps because it drastically reduces the chances of your door being dinged and it just looks sweet

You know, the person that wrote about BMW drivers in the first post is one of those people that despise any one above them. They look at a guy in a BMW and hate them but they would be the first person to buy one if they had the money. They look at an SUV and say to themselves "ohhh that guy is the cause of global warming" although the would be the first people to buy a big ol' SUV if they could. Rather than saying "I will work hard and maybe some day drive a nice car like that" they just get mad that they aren't rich and that they should get some money too. The truth is that most people on this forum worked really hard to finally own a BMW (although I do not really belong in that category...but I still work hard). With a mentality like the writer of that hate post you will get NOWHERE in life.
My 2 cents.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

Lived with it. We are always going to be the envy of the automobile world.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

This thread is very interesting:

As E60 owner/operators we really do "own the road" and everyone knows it! We simply drive at the car's optimum potential and they're all jealous of that.

As for he 3er's, they really do need to keep themselves "in-check" as they out-number us, by far, and are probably the ones that keeps this stereo-type alive.

Personally, I'm a very conservative driver and only "push it" when the conditions are right - otherwise I "share" the road with everyone else, of course, out of curtosy. :-))

Please, don't take me too seriously here, I'm just having fun with this thread!!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Senior Members

hahahah this is soo true , I've gotten more middle fingers in my beemer than in any other car

Quick Reply: Why are BMW drivers hated?