E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Why are BMW drivers hated?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will say, I think my car is better then the majority of the cars on the road, because it is. If I was 7'1" and walked around thinking I was taller than everyone, does that make me cocky.

I love other BMW owners. I wish we waved to eachother like when motorcycle riders do!

Few points I noticed about the percieved douchebaggyness of BMW drivers...

1. BMW Drivers think their cars are better then everyone elses.

-Aside from the fact they are, BMW drivers generally are car enthusiasts. Therefore, we take pride in our automobiles. I know people who take pride in their honda civic, they think their cars are better then everyone elses.

2. BMW Drivers are douchebags

-Because our cars are expensive and we are generally enthusiasts, people think we are douchebagy about our cars because they are so expensive. I am douchebagy about my car because I am passionate about my car. It is a fine automobile and superior to other vehicles on many levels. Your average dodge stratus driver doesnt understand that and thinks we are douchebagy because our cars are expensive.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='800695' date='Feb 24 2009, 09:17 PM
I will say, I think my car is better then the majority of the cars on the road, because it is. If I was 7'1" and walked around thinking I was taller than everyone, does that make me cocky.

2. BMW Drivers are douchebags

-Because our cars are expensive and we are generally enthusiasts, people think we are douchebagy about our cars because they are so expensive. I am douchebagy about my car because I am passionate about my car. It is a fine automobile and superior to other vehicles on many levels. Your average dodge stratus driver doesnt understand that and thinks we are douchebagy because our cars are expensive.
True, in addition, many of other drivers out there think of their cars as "it's just a car", well, i really doubt that us, E60 drivers think that of our fine automobiles., because i certainly don't. I drive my BMW with a smile and proud, and every chance i get i look at it to make sure it looks good.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Contributors

well, now that I think about it, I am fine with other people thinking I am a douchebag because I drive a BMW. Turns out I am kind of a douchebag.

BTW, i started a BMW jokes thread in the lounge

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry800707
Old 02-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

It's simple, BMWs aren't the problem. It's all you a-hole drivers. You'll be just as obnoxious behind that Corolla as you are behind the Bimmer. Before you go look in the garage, go look in the mirror and hang your head in shame for bringing such a negative stereotype to the mark. Be like swajames, go trade your BMW in for a Porsche or something and spread the bad press around.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='800723' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:03 PM
It's simple, BMWs aren't the problem. It's all you a-hole drivers. You'll be just as obnoxious behind that Corolla as you are behind the Bimmer. Before you go look in the garage, go look in the mirror and hang your head in shame for bringing such a negative stereotype to the mark. Be like swajames, go trade your BMW in for a Porsche or something and spread the bad press around.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='800723' date='Feb 24 2009, 09:03 PM

you are missing the point the biggest picture here though. How someone drives isnt a reflection of what they drive. The bad BMW driver will drive just as bad in corolla. there is more anamosity towards the BMW driver simply because he drives a BMW. if i drive like an asshole in a silver ford focus, it will be significantly less noticable then if i drive like an asshole in a yellow lamborghini.

People are haters, always will be haters. nobody is so widely crying about the 17 year old punks driving their mustangs like idiots.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='800725' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:06 PM
Don't patronize me with that pathetic clap. Just cause we're both a-hole drivers and both own BMWs don't make us friends.

I like this. It's like role playing therapy.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport loaded

Why does everyone hate BMW drivers? How about this:

Today, on my way to work, I'm doing 70 in a 55 in the left lane of a 4-lane surface road. The right lane is full of corollas and exploders doing the speed limit. I see a black 5 series tailgating the SHIT out of me.

A mile or two up the road, I move to the right lane to grab my on-ramp to the freeway, and the pickup truck in front of me decides he wants to not get on the freeway and switches to the left lane (the road goes to a single lane at the signal 300 yards down the road). He didn't cut the black 5 off, there was a good 50-60 yards, but he WAS going pretty slow.

What does the guy in the 5 do? He passes the guy, in the suicide lane! I catch the badge as I'm turning onto the freeway: 550. Jeez. Some people.

LOL

As for the middle fingers, yes, I get more in my 545 than I do in my "fun" car. A Mustang convertible with racing stripes, hood pins, a blower, and 20" wheels. People look at that car, smile, give me thumbs up, "nice car" at red lights, etc. In the beemer? Everyone wants to cut me off, purposely move to the left lane and go 5 under the speed limit, or otherwise be general pricks. In the Mustang? I can be driving just as aggressively, even faster, and people will wave with all 5 fingers when I pass. I just don't get it.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

BMW's tend to pull away from the crowd at the drop of green at intersections--can't help it that our cars are pretty fast! heheheh

I find that most cars will move out of the way when they see me coming up behind them on the freeway except em damn Lexus
cars! Especially the IS250's who will always try to cut you off or race you or just irritate the hell outta ya! Corollas are just
notorious for slow in the fast lane and Mazda drivers will look at you with weird faces........
Old 02-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 5series
Model Year: 2004

I don't know why people are such a**holes on the road when I'm driving in my black E60 more so than any other car I've owned, even more then my previous Guards Red Porsche 996 C4S cab. It's so annoying people always tailgating me when I'm driving and cutting me off/ trying to pass me when I am driving the speed limit, especially when I am at lights people always seem to be inches behind me, and since my car is a manual they don't understand the hassle of driving in traffic. Nobody ever game me the finger or anything like that since I never drive aggressively on public roads but this is more of problem now this year currently than it was the last 3 years of owning this car. Is it because of the recession? lol. I do get more compliments in my E60 then my previous cars though since I modded it nicely.

Quick Reply: Why are BMW drivers hated?