E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Why are BMW drivers hated?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009 | 09:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by neoe60' post='804592' date='Mar 1 2009, 12:48 PM
It's not us, it's the 3 series drivers that give BMW drivers a bad rep!

Just yesterday, I was doing a modest 80 on the freeway (same speed as the traffic around me) when this car zooms and zig zags around me and the traffic in front of me doing probably 120+ like he was on a race track in Germany...it was a 3 series driver!
>>As for he 3er's, they really do need to keep themselves "in-check" as they out-number us, by far, and are probably the ones that keeps this stereo-type alive.

This aparently proves my previous point...
Old 03-01-2009 | 11:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport loaded

Originally Posted by bradleyjs' post='804595' date='Mar 1 2009, 01:04 PM
>>As for he 3er's, they really do need to keep themselves "in-check" as they out-number us, by far, and are probably the ones that keeps this stereo-type alive.

This aparently proves my previous point...

That was too many pages ago.. Can we get a refresher on what your point was?
Old 03-01-2009 | 04:14 PM
Members

I got a little love from a slowpoke today. I've only had my car for 3 days now.

Was on a 4-lane road going through the outskirts of a city. Pickup in the right lane doing 45 in a 45. I'm passing him doing 55. Car pulls out of the local Wal-Mart way in front of us. Instead of getting in the right lane, he gets into the passing lane. He's doing all of about 30 mph.

I pass the "left laner" on the right and never got close to his car. There was plenty of space between him and me, and when I moved over to the right lane I didn't cut off the guy in the pickup truck either.

The left laner decided to sit down on the horn as I passed him. Aww, how sweet, he had to show me a little love.

Seriously, it drives me crazy for people to constantly ride in the left lane and not be passing anyone. People shouldn't pass on the right, but if you don't, you'll be doing 15 under the speed limit like this guy was doing. I wish GSP would start ticketing people for this again.
Old 03-01-2009 | 04:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i / Black Sapphire / Premium / Navigation / Bluetooth / PDC / USB Audio Integration / 6 Speed Sport Automatic with Steptronic / Logic 7 / Comfort Access / Auto Folding Mirrors / Comfort Seats / Rear Heated Seats / 35% Tint All Around / Black Dakota Leather

Originally Posted by geekmedic' post='804856' date='Mar 1 2009, 08:14 PM
I got a little love from a slowpoke today. I've only had my car for 3 days now.

Was on a 4-lane road going through the outskirts of a city. Pickup in the right lane doing 45 in a 45. I'm passing him doing 55. Car pulls out of the local Wal-Mart way in front of us. Instead of getting in the right lane, he gets into the passing lane. He's doing all of about 30 mph.

I pass the "left laner" on the right and never got close to his car. There was plenty of space between him and me, and when I moved over to the right lane I didn't cut off the guy in the pickup truck either.

The left laner decided to sit down on the horn as I passed him. Aww, how sweet, he had to show me a little love.

Seriously, it drives me crazy for people to constantly ride in the left lane and not be passing anyone. People shouldn't pass on the right, but if you don't, you'll be doing 15 under the speed limit like this guy was doing. I wish GSP would start ticketing people for this again.
+1
Old 03-01-2009 | 04:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

If everyone stayed to the right lane except to pass, then they wouldn't be bothered so much by us. As they say- lead, follow but get out of the way.
Old 03-02-2009 | 08:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='800447' date='Feb 24 2009, 02:53 PM
As much as I hate to generalize, I will. It's a slightly unfair stereotype, but most stereotypes have at least some basis in truth, and here it is 100% down to 3 Series drivers.
I have the answer. To avoid any criticism (like the above), keep a spare Yugo around when you need to drive in public.
Old 03-02-2009 | 11:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 1999 C5 Mallett Corvette, 2006 BMW 530XI, 2008 Lexus IS250 awd

hmmmm...... I used to say the same thing about BMW owners while I was driving a vette. And now a few cars later, being a BMW driver myself, I laugh. I guess each brand has a stereotype. Even, when I had my WRX, i was a boy racer.
Old 03-02-2009 | 11:57 AM
Members

I drive less aggressive with my E60 than I did with my Jetta. I drove that car like a bat out of hell! Just now getting comfortable with a bigger (and more powerful) car, so I'm sure I'll be driving it like I did my other cars soon enough.

Drive it like you stole it!
Old 03-02-2009 | 12:50 PM
Contributors

I drive my Smart car more aggressively than my 550 at times. People just laugh at me. I wonder what the reaction of those same people would be if I made the identical move on them in my 550. I guess it would be hate and disgust based on this thread.
Old 03-03-2009 | 08:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='805628' date='Mar 2 2009, 04:50 PM
I drive my Smart car more aggressively than my 550 at times. People just laugh at me. I wonder what the reaction of those same people would be if I made the identical move on them in my 550. I guess it would be hate and disgust based on this thread.
Its true. Drive like a nut in the smart car and you'll get laughs. Just look at the video with you and C driving in the parking lot. I couldn't stop laughing when the smart car was "trying" to do donuts. HAHAHA

Quick Reply: Why are BMW drivers hated?