E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHERE IS THE DAMNED OPS CONNECTOR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 04:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

THat's not it. THat's for the flash light it seems like. It's right UNDER it. You have the hold ur hand straight flat out. It's on the BOTTOM right UNDER the cover.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:24 AM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530XI, CIC/Combox/TPMS Retrofit (CCC M-ASK Orig)
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

I'm commenting so many years later as I've had to find the MOST BUS Connector on my 2006 530XI for connecting my ICOM in order to flash the CIC. As others have stated its located in the glove box under the flashlight.
  • The flashlight is on the front face of the inner glove box plastic, at the left side of the glove box.
  • The cover for the MOST BUS Connector access is on the bottom of that inner plastic where the flashlight is located (you'd have to put your head on the floor of the car to see it straight on).
    • To access the MOST BUS Connector:
      1. First you'll want to remove the rivet(s) from the shock-type support arm on the left of the glove box, and the strap-type support on the right, to disconnect them and allow the glove box door to drop down far enough for you to access the cover.
      2. Next you'll want to use a small flathead or pick/lock tool in order to pry open the cover (there's a plastic tension tab).
      3. Finally - and you may need to fish your finger up into the cavity of the connector access in order to unsnag the optic line and allow enough slack to manipulate the cover - you'll need to remove the terminator/cap from the MOST BUS Connector itself (the terminator is connected to the cover for the access; don't remove it from the cover - only from the optic connector!). There's a squeeze tab on the sides of the connector the optic lines feed into that keep said connector locked into the terminator.
Refer to the pictures I've attached, courtesy of schpexnel on bimmerfest.com, and which I've marked up, for clarity.

Locating the access point

Opening the access point

Accessing the MOST BUS Connector