E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

whats with people who go slow on purpose?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
You use flashers to indicate you need to pass? never seen that before! Id love to see someone demonstrate this on the highway.....driving fast with your hazard lights on, usually you see those people on the right side of the road not moving
Where did you get that I use flashers to indicate that I need to pass? You've seriously never seen anyone driving fast in an emergency with their emergency/ hazard lights on?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mookish
We call them "hazard" lights and they do nothing to get people to move out of your way. If a horn, high-beams or someone riding their tail doesn't get them to move over, hazards sure won't either. These guys already appointed themselves honorary traffic enforcement.
They do indicate that you have some sort of emergency, which was the point of my reply. Heck, I've seen people slow down and hold up a cop and/or firetruck that have their sirens/ light flashing.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Like Kanye said, "there will always be haters, just the way it is - haters marry hater bitches and have hater kids..."
Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
Where did you get that I use flashers to indicate that I need to pass? You've seriously never seen anyone driving fast in an emergency with their emergency/ hazard lights on?

Posted Today, 12:51 PM

mookish, on 20 June 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

How can you tell if the person you are hindering doesn't have a sick child in the backseat trying to rush them to the hospital?

The emergency flashers are a great indicator to use in an, ahem, emergency.
That was your advice, in an emergency where you need to rush passed someone use the hazard lights, thats not what you saying? We talking about passing, you brought up hazzard lights to let people know theres an emergency. Whats the difference anyway? who has appointed you guys to decide to block people who need to get somewhere quicker than you? But heres the catch, at some point in time you will eventually need to get somewhere in a hurry (everyone has) and you will encounter the slow driver in your family emergency or late to that big meeting or job interview, enjoy the frustration in that moment in time

And no I have not seen anyone driving fast with their hazzards on the highway passing people.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Members

If someone wants to pass I let them. They are my cover.
They will get the speed ticket while I can laugh.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Contributors

That was your advice, in an emergency where you need to rush passed someone use the hazard lights, thats not what you saying? We talking about passing, you brought up hazzard lights to let people know theres an emergency. Whats the difference anyway? who has appointed you guys to decide to block people who need to get somewhere quicker than you? But heres the catch, at some point in time you will eventually need to get somewhere in a hurry (everyone has) and you will encounter the slow driver in your family emergency or late to that big meeting or job interview, enjoy the frustration in that moment in time

And no I have not seen anyone driving fast with their hazzards on the highway passing people.
lol, that's what you pulled from that huh? My advice was, uh obviously, answering mook's question of "How can you tell if the person you are hindering doesn't have a sick child..."

Anyway, what is this "you guys" crap you are spewing? 95% of the time I'm the guy doing the passing, this means I run up on slower drivers all the time. They would have to be going almost half the speed limit before I even consider pulling up on their tail and honking my horn. Seriously, who does that? Sounds like a fucking prick to me. Oh wait, the prick is diving a bmw huh? Classic.

No matter how much you dislike it, you have no more right to be on the road than anyone else. Yep, it sucks when someone pulls into the left lane and passes the cars on the right slower than I prefer.. oh well. We can throw all this hypothetical crap if we want in either direction. What if the person going slow was having a heart attack, car troubles, saw a cop hiding, whatever. If you are truly having an emergency and need to get around someone driving slow what is stopping you from just flooring and going around them on the on the shoulder or the median?

I guess you could just continue pulling up on their ass, honking your horn, and then slowing yourself down even more because you pissed them off.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by njlou
If someone wants to pass I let them. They are my cover.
They will get the speed ticket while I can laugh.
Radar rabbits!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Contributors

Are you a new driver or just drive with blinders on?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by mookish
The thing is you never know why someone is driving at what you call "too fast". When my wife called me and said she was in labor and I was a good hour away, you bet I was driving a little fast. Had someone had pulled one of your stunts it would only make me drive reckless to get around them any way possible. Since you didn't make the rules and aren't responsible for enforcement, what you do is just as bad as the people you think are going too fast. And to drive slow, then speed up when you see someone trying to pass only causes a race which is no better then what you're trying to prevent.

How can you tell if the person you are hindering doesn't have a sick child in the backseat trying to rush them to the hospital? or a woman in labor, or is rushing to some other emergency? Just because you don't see flashing lights doesn't give you the right to intentionally impede traffic.

Don't be a traffic nanny. Just move over. It won't hurt you.
Exactly. People that think they have the right to police others on the road is ridiculous to me.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ProMed
Are you a new driver or just drive with blinders on?
What does the frequency with which one sees people driving and passing with hazards on have any relevance to the amount of time a person has been driving? What if I had said Ive seen it 4 times how long would, you ass, oom I was driving? is there some type of gauge or measurement of time associated with seeing hazard lights? Is this something you have thought about while driving around the highway witnessing the numerous drivers with their hazards blazing as they honk to get past you? Maybe you are special? Maybe there are alot of emergencies around you

Please try and stay on topic the name of the thread is not "how many times have you seen people driving and passing with their hazard lights on and how long have you been driving?"

Quick Reply: whats with people who go slow on purpose?