E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

whats with people who go slow on purpose?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i 19" MRR GT1 Interior LED retrofit

Sorry, I must be "that guy". At most times I am driving 10-15mph over the limit on the hwy. Very often do I get a guy barreling down on my ass when I am passing cars. They tailgate the crap out of me in some hopes I will hurry up and pass the 10 cars on my right. I instead leave a gap between me and the right car, too small for my tailgater to get around me. I continue this for about a mile and then kindly move over
Old 06-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by HiOffcr
Sorry, I must be "that guy". At most times I am driving 10-15mph over the limit on the hwy. Very often do I get a guy barreling down on my ass when I am passing cars. They tailgate the crap out of me in some hopes I will hurry up and pass the 10 cars on my right. I instead leave a gap between me and the right car, too small for my tailgater to get around me. I continue this for about a mile and then kindly move over
lol!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
Some dickhead in a toyota was driving on the far left lane (fast/passing lane) doing maybe 40mph on a 50mph on the Grand Central Parkway. It was getting so ridiculous that the undercover detective car that was driving behind him for a good mile finally pulled him/her over.

There are way too many dickheads that intentionally drive slow on the far left lane, for what reason? I have no idea.

After putting on the m5tech bumper and HID angel eyes. The dicks in front of me drive even slower. I see them adjusting their rear view mirror to slow down and stare at the HID angel eyes or whatever they are staring at behind them.

Those of you who do drive slow (slower than the posted speed limit) two words for you...

Fuck you.

Originally Posted by mookish
I really don't care why someone rolls up on my tail, even if I'm doing the speed limit or over. If someone is driving faster than me and I'm in the passing lane, I MOVE OVER. I am not the police or a highway monitor. If I'm doing 80 and someone else closes in at 100, I move over the first chance I get. I will not speed up or slow down and idc what their rush is. It's not my highway.

If you see me closing in on your tail, please just move over the first safe chance you get, don't wonder where I'm going, don't try and slow me down, just slide over. I have no problem downshifting and passing you, actually it's fun. I'm not waiting 10 or 15 seconds for you to decide to move over, if I close in on you and traffic is clear ahead and to your right and I tap my horn or give you a quick flash with my hihgs or my left turn signal and you don't move over, no problem, just stay your course and I'll blow by you on the right and won't think twice or even look at you as I pass. I don't care what you're doing or why you're driving so slow, I just want to GO!
This is exactly what Im talking about, you two guys are the same as me.

I think my forum name pretty much sums it up
Old 06-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545i sport
Model Year: 2004

I do the slow down thing only in my neighborhood. If I am in front of somone obviously driving too fast in the neighborhood, I will slow down to exactly the speed limit of 25mph. There is a section of the main road through the neighborhood that would allow the speeder to get around me. The bypass is a little longer, but only slightly. When I see the driver take the bypass, I will speed up to ensure I remain in front when the roads come back together. I will then slow back dow to the speed limit.

Not my way of being the jerk that slows down, but my way of trying to keep people from speeding through the neighborhood.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
I couldn't have said it any better!
+2
Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Titanum Grey 525i 2004 Black 328i 2008 2008 E70 X5

these people are sucks and they know that lol. In my country if someone behind u and was in a hurry, you really better move from their way otherwise they would hit u from the back and they never care if u got into an accident
Old 06-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by DavidF
I do the slow down thing only in my neighborhood. If I am in front of somone obviously driving too fast in the neighborhood, I will slow down to exactly the speed limit of 25mph. There is a section of the main road through the neighborhood that would allow the speeder to get around me. The bypass is a little longer, but only slightly. When I see the driver take the bypass, I will speed up to ensure I remain in front when the roads come back together. I will then slow back dow to the speed limit.

Not my way of being the jerk that slows down, but my way of trying to keep people from speeding through the neighborhood.
The thing is you never know why someone is driving at what you call "too fast". When my wife called me and said she was in labor and I was a good hour away, you bet I was driving a little fast. Had someone had pulled one of your stunts it would only make me drive reckless to get around them any way possible. Since you didn't make the rules and aren't responsible for enforcement, what you do is just as bad as the people you think are going too fast. And to drive slow, then speed up when you see someone trying to pass only causes a race which is no better then what you're trying to prevent.

How can you tell if the person you are hindering doesn't have a sick child in the backseat trying to rush them to the hospital? or a woman in labor, or is rushing to some other emergency? Just because you don't see flashing lights doesn't give you the right to intentionally impede traffic.

Don't be a traffic nanny. Just move over. It won't hurt you.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

How can you tell if the person you are hindering doesn't have a sick child in the backseat trying to rush them to the hospital?
The emergency flashers are a great indicator to use in an, ahem, emergency.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

Originally Posted by ProMed
We call them "hazard" lights and they do nothing to get people to move out of your way. If a horn, high-beams or someone riding their tail doesn't get them to move over, hazards sure won't either. These guys already appointed themselves honorary traffic enforcement.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Senior Members

The thing is you never know why someone is driving at what you call "too fast". When my wife called me and said she was in labor and I was a good hour away, you bet I was driving a little fast. Had someone had pulled one of your stunts it would only make me drive reckless to get around them any way possible. Since you didn't make the rules and aren't responsible for enforcement, what you do is just as bad as the people you think are going too fast. And to drive slow, then speed up when you see someone trying to pass only causes a race which is no better then what you're trying to prevent.

How can you tell if the person you are hindering doesn't have a sick child in the backseat trying to rush them to the hospital? or a woman in labor, or is rushing to some other emergency? Just because you don't see flashing lights doesn't give you the right to intentionally impede traffic.

Don't be a traffic nanny. Just move over. It won't hurt you.
I dont see who appoints our human speed limiters?

Originally Posted by ProMed
You use flashers to indicate you need to pass? never seen that before! Id love to see someone demonstrate this on the highway.....driving fast with your hazard lights on, usually you see those people on the right side of the road not moving

We call them "hazard" lights and they do nothing to get people to move out of your way. If a horn, high-beams or someone riding their tail doesn't get them to move over, hazards sure won't either. These guys already appointed themselves honorary traffic enforcement.
+50

Quick Reply: whats with people who go slow on purpose?