E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

whats with people who go slow on purpose?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you have encountered this yu are in a rush and you come up on someone going extra slow you honk and they go slower.....whats with that? Does it make the person in front feel good they are not i n a rush? Or that they making you slow down? I think its feeble and pathetic!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i

you can either slow down or pass.if you are really in a rush and are already breaking the law by speeding, what stops you from making an illegal pass?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
I know you have encountered this yu are in a rush and you come up on someone going extra slow you honk and they go slower.....whats with that? Does it make the person in front feel good they are not i n a rush? Or that they making you slow down? I think its feeble and pathetic!
If someone pulled up on my tail and honked at me I'd probably slow down too. Hmm, maybe I'm "that guy" you're talking about? If I notice someone coming up quicker than me from behind I almost always get over if possible without slowing myself down. If they started honking though I probably wouldn't budge.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

U ever think they could be smuggling drugs?
Old 06-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by skelevirus
U ever think they could be smuggling drugs?
Good point, they could have dead hookers in the trunk as well. Nobody wants to get pulled over with drugs and dead hookers.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by 545IblupasdU
OP - I think its natural for us to feel that way when we are in your situation. I have often tried to resist passing such people - but more often then not when I do pass them, I find them to be old, or too young, or women, or wearing glasses, or looking for directions. I am not sure it's their fault. Sometimes I even feel bad after I honked.

Ofcourse, then there are women with their cellphones, or people with animals in their passenger seats, or a-holes texting that piss me off.

Honks can mean "watch out" as much as they mean "get off my way". If you saw someone's trunk on fire, won't you honk at them - no wonder they stop.

Let it go buddy. Honking is usually a loose-loose situation. Don't spoil your day over it
Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Platinum Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Sport Pkg

They're the worst!
Old 06-16-2011, 06:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550 Black on Black with Sport Package

I've learned that I never judge why someone wants to pass. It could be an emergency and you are holding them back because of testoserone.
Most cases it's not an emergency but who cares? Just get out of the way especially if you are in the passing lane.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If someone is riding my ass and the road is not open ahead (which would probably be the case), then I may slow down. There is no reason to ride my bumper when I have no where to go. Tailgating someone when they have no other options is just stupid.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Senior Members

The road was open ahead, there were like 4 people behind me also honking and they were driving like 20 in a 40.....regardless I went around only to see some retard driving with arm extended and seat way back doing the gangsta lean in an older Honda accord so they cant see the road.

Problem was the road turned into 1 lane and they were just causing a pileup of cars rolling at 20mph. Got to where I needed to go on time anyway.....plus I was driving a 5'er so its always pleasure

Quick Reply: whats with people who go slow on purpose?