E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What's the most stupid thing about the E60?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

I said this 2 years ago so maybe its been fixed by now....
The steering wheel button that changes the satalite radio stations is opposite of what happens on the screen: push the up arrow and the station changes to the next one down or push the down arrow and the station changes to the next one up????
Old 04-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

I think on the LCI's you can program what all the buttons do on the wheel now in the idrive settings. Mine are a bit goofy. Air condition on/off and recirculate. I hardly ever use the radio
Old 04-21-2008, 02:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by james.hall' post='564084' date='Apr 19 2008, 12:32 AM
Am I the only one who finds it annoying that there's nowhere to rest your right foot when in cruise? Call me lazy. I am!

I find the electrically adjustable steering wheel doesn't go quite far enough towards me either.

That said, what a car! It's the best I've ever owned or driven. My wife's CLK convertible even feels a bit naff now!
+1.
I personnaly hate the blast of the door rubber ochestra whenever I'm driving without the radio on and trying to get a bit of PEACE and QUIET
Old 04-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 535dAT //M

Hallo?!? This is details, a little button on the wrong position.

How about NOT be able to reverse with the driver door opened? If you want to see where you trailer is, or the curb while parking you can't cruise slowly in reverse. If you open the door on the LCI, it automatically put it in park "p". As if that isn't enough, the nice car gives you an angry bling and lights up the display with for safe driving, ensure that the vehicle stands still or something like that.

So, now I never put i in park, just to get even. When ever I park I shut of the engine i "D", the stupid car can do that work it self if it's gona be that way!

THIS is an annoying thing!!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:49 AM
Members

Design brief. Put a roof on the car. Fit doors to keep the weather out.

Result:-
Open the back doors when the cars wet. Get a nice pool of water in back seat. Great !!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 535dAT //M

Originally Posted by Uk525i' post='565077' date='Apr 21 2008, 12:49 PM
Design brief. Put a roof on the car. Fit doors to keep the weather out.

Result:-
Open the back doors when the cars wet. Get a nice pool of water in back seat. Great !!
Yes! that is so true as well, forgot that. Not so often in the back seat.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Originally Posted by BigAardvaark' post='553822' date='Apr 1 2008, 12:05 AM
For me, the stupidest thing is safety related and one they'll hopefully fix for the F10. The front seatbelts are not height adjustable. Didn't notice this on the test drives but the belt, as it goes up and across my chest and over my shoulder, slips down over my arm. I am 6ft4in but cannot remember a modern car that hasn't had the option to adjust the height of the belt. I find myself consciously dipping and lifting my shoulder to bring the belt back over my shoulder.... Scary... My seat is also set at the lowest which leaves about an inch or two between the headlining and me heed.....
It's amazing and frighting at the same time to see how could they miss that one!
I never really noticed it until recently, when a friend of mine tried to fix herself into the driver's seat and being significantly smaller than standard E60 driver - she had the seat at the highest possible setting and yet the seatbelt almost touching her face...
So, immediately and almost unconsciously we reached out to lower the seatbelt level (as in any car on the market, since I don't know - 10 years?).
And hey: WHAT A SURPRISE! :thumbsdown:
She skipped E60, went to Volvo..
but anyway, it also made me think about safety, crash tests and all that fuzz research they say they do on new cars: how could they miss that??

other than that, I love my car, would buy the same again, and again and then: again!

OK, maybe except the sound which simply sucks for a premium car such as E60....
I may not be such an audio-freak to buy Audi only for their excellent Bose or Lexus for their awesome Mark Levinson, but would seriously consider paying premium $$$ for something much better than crappy L7.. :thumbsdown:
Old 04-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Members

why do you need a bottle holder when you have two legs to jam the bottle in :-)

I smile when people (americans) complain about the 'teeny' cup holders...... good lord since when do your really need more than 0.5 litre of coke...oh I forgot...supersize me..........puuuuleeeeze !!!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Senior Members

Smile

Originally Posted by Chef' post='534250' date='Feb 21 2008, 09:19 PM
The push start button - how has this gadget actually advanced mankind?
Oh, where for my wife to put her handbag/purse/stuff
The most STUPID question about the Start-Stop Ignition.
What does it have to do with baggage.
If you do not like, do not have it. It is an option not a std. feature.
Made sense if you asked about its locaion and its features.

In fact:
Start-Stop is one the best things as it does not require to search for the key or take out for opening the door
does not get drop accidentally in wrong place, does not amke noise/scratch the area behind the steering wheel,
Helps in security(carjacking): the person will not ask you to give keyfob / take out gun putting your hand in pocket.
It has many advantages
Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Members

Well, IMHO it's not the car that's stupid it's mainly the drivers

Quick Reply: What's the most stupid thing about the E60?