E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What you don't like on your E60

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006

uncomfortable sport seats

Old 02-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2012 528xi
Model Year: 2012

The fact that the low end model (mine) has a crap radio, poor charging system (I have never heard of so many car owners being told to use battery tenders), and no projector headlights (let alone HID), very plasticy interior. It does handle great for such a big car. I miss the readily adjusted vent temp of my 95 525 (vs having to go into the I-drive). Foot well doesnt get much heat. No dipstick - really? Amazing.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

battery dies way too quick
Old 02-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

I don't remember this being mentioned yet...

Condensation in the Xenon headlamps!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: -Current- 535d Sport LCI Bi-Xenon Adaptive Lights, S.A.T, Professional SatNav, Logic7, Elec Memory seats, iPod interface, 19" Alloys WITHOUT RUNFLATS! CIC and Combox Retrofit, White Angel Eyes, Speed in Centre console. -Previous- Mini Cooper S 525d Tourer Auto

Oh, and the god-awful transmission slam!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BW535xiT
I generally have no problem with some of the issues folks are pointing out here, but others ring true for certain.

1. Sunglasses holder - I carry mine with me into work and into the house, so not an issue.

2. HVAC controls - yes, slightly annoying to muck through the adjustments and such, but once I have the setting where I like it, it seems to satisfy. Intensity and temp are controlled by the adjustment knobs. (2008 - LCI)

3. Center console storage is fair if you want to store a chapstick and perhaps a cell phone charger - I wish I had the cubby hole under the NAV DVD slot, but I think the NAV computer is back there. The only cars I have seen the cubby in are ones with iDrive, but without NAV.

4. Turn signals are obscured by the steering wheel - This wasn't an issue until I just upgraded to the sport wheel. I just lowered my seat position and all was good.

5. Window quality - this I have a complaint about.... the front side glass is of very poor quality. I can see waves and ripples in it that you'd never see installed in a Honda, Toyota or freaking Pontiac.

6. Reliabilty problems are apparent.... I have the Touring and my rear roll-up cover is not auto-resetting, I have a strange noise coming from my front suspension, I've had 3x HPFP replacements, NAV computer replacement and comfort access problems. Comfort access is generally more of a pain than it's worth - at least until I get a suspect CA module replaced, but they seem to be a common failure item. Sunroof on the E61 leaks, which isn't a problem until the drainage channels become blocked. And they do. The standard vehicle jacks have always been inferior.

7. Dealer maintenance..... Jesus... need I say more? Service advisors act like you are an inconvenience to them when you bring your 26k mile car in for major maintenance it shouldn't need.

8. Throttle response - there is a short delay between slamming on the gas and the car actually going! Is this normal? This causes slight sphincter puckering at certain times!

9. Auto lock - I wish all doors would unlock when the driver door unlocks.

All said - I still love love LOVE the car for its other qualities. The engine revs high, the torque is great, suspension is tight and the look is mean. On top of that, the touring can carry my junk around when I need to.
There is an option to unlock all doors together under the "Vehicle Information" settings.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 535i: Jet Black, Black Dakota leather, Sport Auto, Cold Weather, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Luxury Seating, M Sport, Premium, Technology, Rear Sunshades, Auto High Beams, BMW Assist w/enhanced BT and USB.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm really not a big fan of the styling. The BMW nose has always had a very aggressive look and the E60 just doesn't have that. IMHO the only thing that improves the look is the body kit that comes with the 550i sport package.

Don't like the front cupholders - but they are an improvement over the very flimsy ones in the E39.

And this is not necessarily BMW specific, but I DETEST space-saver spare tires!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

I don't like the retards at the dealer that go with the title "service advisor"....they are all useless....they are real good at calling back with quotes, but they never actually listen and do what I am asking for...dealer repairs are scam artists that rape bimmer owners...I am so tired of correcting the SA...when I have some time, I am going to find a new dealer....and this is the part I actually hate the most....my current dealer, that I have been loyal to for the last 4 years wont't even care...fah q

bitter? yes!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 550i

Originally Posted by sleeper50
I don't like the retards at the dealer that go with the title "service advisor"....they are all useless....they are real good at calling back with quotes, but they never actually listen and do what I am asking for...dealer repairs are scam artists that rape bimmer owners...I am so tired of correcting the SA...when I have some time, I am going to find a new dealer....and this is the part I actually hate the most....my current dealer, that I have been loyal to for the last 4 years wont't even care...fah q

bitter? yes!
Yeah, BMW stealers are among the worst to deal with. I thought Audi has a crappy service but those bimmer guys beat them hands down.
I think part of the problem is that BMW itself does not stand behind their product and I bet they actually incite stealers not to perform warranty work.

I hate my 550i tiptronik transmission - D mode is crazy slow, feels like driving a buick. DS mode makes driving jerky and eats gas like crazy. And those sporadic gear slips, jolts and slams which my dealer "cannot find" - suck big time.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Members

Location: Santa Fe Springs (SFS) - L.A. (SoCal) USA, North America, EARTH

The little things usually don't bother me, like adjusting HVAC settings through the iDrive. I'm good with the tranny as well.

What really bothers me is when I put a few things on the front passenger seat and the freaking dinging from the computer recognizing that there's extra weight in the front passenger seat. Really? Who's going to put a 20lb baby in the front passenger seat?? And if someone does do that then that person's a retard anyway so what's the point?

Quick Reply: What you don't like on your E60