E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what do like least about your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f?nf drei?ig' post='368831' date='Dec 18 2006, 10:11 PM
I hate the high speed handling. Thought that it would handle better than it does on the Autobahn. handles good for a sedan at speeds under 100mph.
Is this because of runflat tyres? 'normal' tyres might solve your problem.....

cheers
steve
Old 12-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='368833' date='Dec 18 2006, 11:14 PM
Is this because of runflat tyres? 'normal' tyres might solve your problem.....

cheers
steve
I didn't get the sport package. I had the 225/50/17 conti's this past summer. I am running Blizak LM22's for winter tires, and believe it or not they handle better than the all season conti's. I plan on getting some 18's or 19's this summer with some so3's. I think that it sits up way to high and gets a lot of air under the car. Hopefully some springs and dampners will solve my problem.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 520d M-Sport / Silver Grey / Maple Wood / Black Dakota Leather / Heated Comfort Seats / Media Pack With Extended Voice Control / Space Saver Spare Wheel / Sun Protection Glass

OK, here goes;

Generally;
Slow I-Drive boot.
Slow I-Drive.
Poor Pro Navi.
Poor Radio reception even with Pro Radio.
No easily accessed radio presets.
Rubbishy indicators (BMW drivers have a reputation in the UK for not using their indicators, now I know why).
Non-adjustable seat-belt top anchors.
Rattly front seatbelt top anchors.
Constant need to update software to fix glitches.
Snap in that I never use for the mobile 'phone takes up half the armrest console.
Six month old leather that could pass for six years.
Rear armrest rattle because the rubber buffers have been poorly fitted and then fallen out.
Handling can be a little wayward at times, I haven't quite worked out why but it could be the tyres.
Run-on-flat tyres offer the advantage of a little bit more mobility, for a price that can be measured in ? (or $), handling and ride comfort. The price is too high.

Not to my taste;
Ugly and poorly integrated front Cup Holders.
Stupid "gay" fin on the roof (Oh look at me, I'm a Shark, I am,).
Angles of some shut lines, in particular bonnet, lets you see through the gap, that is just plain wrong.
Looks in general, I've mellowed a little and it is still more characterful than either the A6 or E Klasse , but it ain't quite right.

And on mine in particular;
Poor performance.
Poor fuel economy.
More trips for repairs/ investigation and recalls in six months than the last 15 years of cars put together (and it's not because I'm being picky).
Battery Drain warning that is apparently software induced but is still annoying and confidence sapping.
Remote boot locking bust. Dealer can't look at it until Friday, not bad but still too late! Battery drain notice means I will probably take my wife's old Audi to the airport because I want the car to start when I get back!

Overall I would say that it's not too bad because even though the list is long, when it comes to cars I am uncompromising and opinionated.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

Originally Posted by f?nf drei?ig' post='368847' date='Dec 18 2006, 11:26 PM
I didn't get the sport package. I had the 225/50/17 conti's this past summer. I am running Blizak LM22's for winter tires, and believe it or not they handle better than the all season conti's. I plan on getting some 18's or 19's this summer with some so3's. I think that it sits up way to high and gets a lot of air under the car. Hopefully some springs and dampners will solve my problem.
Do you have Active Steering?I think that E60s without it have a very ''sensitive'' steering.

Maybe thats it.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i

Originally Posted by 530i_msport' post='368854' date='Dec 18 2006, 11:37 PM
Do you have Active Steering?I think that E60s without it have a very ''sensitive'' steering.

Maybe thats it.
No I don't have active steering, and I have heard the exact opposite. The steering feels good and stiff. Most of the problem I have is catching wind. On a calm day it does fine. But you get 7-10mph side wind and it will tighten up the anus. Gets real bad when you hit a bridge.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Originally Posted by pa550' post='367916
? Non illuminated column stalks (wipers etc)
Which car has this? I've personally never had a car with illuminated stalks.

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='368460' date='Dec 17 2006, 04:41 PM
The current 520d SE has THREE power sockets - one a the front (cig lighter) and two in the rear. How many did you want?
I actually found another one in the foot well of the passenger seat when removing my glove box!
Old 12-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='368665' date='Dec 18 2006, 11:15 PM
I find that one CD with 7 albums can serve me for weeks.

ABC
one CD with 7 albums for me it would be months
Old 12-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by 530i_msport' post='368854' date='Dec 19 2006, 06:37 AM
I think that E60s without it have a very ''sensitive'' steering.

Maybe thats it.
this must be better right?
Old 12-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: First Vehicle: 2004 545I, Silver Gray Metallic Exterior with Gray Interior & Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic, Active Steering, Sports Suspension w/Dynamic Drive, Logic 7, Heads-up Display, Voice Input, 6 Disc CD Changer in Glove Box, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Comfort Seats, Fold-down Rear Seats, Professional Navigation System, Winter Package with Heated Steering Wheel and Rear Heated Seats, Rear Side Airbags, Powered Sunblind for Rear Window, Manual Rear Side Sunblinds, Universal Remote Control, Interior/Exterior Anti-dazzle Mirrors, Satellite Tuner Prep, Passport SR-1 Remote Radar Detector, Aux Stereo Input, Wood shift knob, XM Radio Second Vehicle: 2004 X5 4.8IS

I like to drive with my nav system on (map in perspective view) and I hate that I have to go thought the idrive menu each time I start the car to get it up on the screen. Why can't it remember the last screen shown when the ignition was turned off?

Also hated the run flats.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Members

The only thing I dislike about my 550i are the damn cupholders. What a rediculous design. You shouldn't have to reach over to the passenger side to store your coffee... but the rest of the car rocks!

Quick Reply: what do like least about your E60?