E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what do like least about your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='368825' date='Dec 18 2006, 09:59 PM
Only a nutcase would change from runflats without the spare on my journey (50 miles across unbuilt up countryside) - so the spare was kinda essential.
Ahhh. In your sig you don't state you have dispensed with the runflats.

Additonally I'm not sure your arithmetic takes care of either the first set (included in purchase price) or last set of tyres correctly.

As for bluetooth, mine's a family car and my wife drives it too. The bluetooth allows her to get into the car and the phone in her handbag connects to the e60's systems automatically. For me it's "worth" it from an extra safety feature. In the same way as only a nutcase would drive around with spare wheel and runflats

ABC
Old 12-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 520i

back seat!!!!! they are uncomfortable and difficult to get out from... didnt realise it till i sat in the backseat...it feels shitty <_<
Old 12-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Members

My Ride: (June '05) E60 530d Sport, Silver Grey, Blk leather, Auto, BT, Comms package, 6-disk multichanger,.......£1302 for a dealer fitted towbar.........

- Brake dust on my beautiful 166's

- After it's rained, water cascading onto the seat of whichever door is opened.

- If I need to make a call whilst having NAV or CD player on I-drive, I've got the steering wheel button programmed to access the phone list, no problem. But once the call is finished, I wish I could just press the same button again to return to the previous i-drive screen, instead of having to press 'MENU' 'Navigation' etc....

- No intermittant wiper setting. Auto setting is still dependant on whether or not the rain sensor......detects rain. Not so clever if there's fine spray.

Apart from that......I love it!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='368460' date='Dec 18 2006, 01:41 AM
The current 520d SE has THREE power sockets - one a the front (cig lighter) and two in the rear. How many did you want?

cheers

steve

my car has only only the one int the front (cig lighter)...i dont have any in the back, nor any in the trunk...

EDIT the cup holders are crap.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:18 AM
Senior Members

My main and mostly only issue is the NAV. Like most here, I hate the fact that it takes way to long to pull up a menu that I select.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='369002' date='Dec 19 2006, 07:21 AM
Ahhh. In your sig you don't state you have dispensed with the runflats.

Additonally I'm not sure your arithmetic takes care of either the first set (included in purchase price) or last set of tyres correctly.

As for bluetooth, mine's a family car and my wife drives it too. The bluetooth allows her to get into the car and the phone in her handbag connects to the e60's systems automatically. For me it's "worth" it from an extra safety feature. In the same way as only a nutcase would drive around with spare wheel and runflats

ABC
Nope.... i still have the runflats, I just wont be buying them as replacments.

You are correct in that there will be an offset in the amount of tyres, as the ones on the car now were free with the car, and im unlikely to send the car back with anything more than legal tyres on it.... I think at least 75% of my value is valid. Still worth the spare.

I have had several people follow my car for several minutes with one hand driving, other on phone. One was swapping hands as they changed gear at a roundabout. I feel like stopping, blocking the road, and telling them to put the friggin phone down...............

If I had a bigger budget, i would have added the media pack, etc. But you make a decision on what you are gonna spend and you go with it. For me, the E60 was effectively an upgrade/option in itself - I was originally planning to get an E90 until I found the cost within ?600 after dealer haggling. Glad I went with the 520d as its got more stuff even in basic spec than an SE spec E90 (like pdc, idrive, hill holder brakes, etc)

cheers

steve
Old 12-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 06 530xi Silver Grey / Black Leather

It would be nice if the E60 was a bit less common. There are just so many on the road and sales reports, posted on this site, indicate they are still moving at the dealers. The other day, I saw three M5's at the restaurant where I had lunch.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. iDrive sucks
  2. radio sucks, RDS only displays station name, no other info. my audi would display song title/artist/traffic reports/etc/whatever stations broadcasted out it showed and radio layout screen's design is retarded
  3. steering wheel heater light is obstructed from view
  4. no easy place to put my sunglasses, some cars have a compartment in the ceiling
  5. moonroof visor doesn't slide easily
  6. having to use iDrive to control climate control sucks
  7. digital climate control display, in my Audi it was this way, easier to use since I could just glance at it and if it was say 67 and I wanted 72, I could put my eyes back on the road and just press "+" 5 times, much safer useability
  8. digital mpg display PLEASE!
  9. no oil temp gauge? is that an option?
  10. paint on start / stop button wearing down, car is only 3yrs old...they should've painted the underside of the button

Other than that, I love the car!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M package

Originally Posted by neoe60' post='781076' date='Jan 30 2009, 09:57 AM
  1. iDrive sucks
  2. radio sucks, RDS only displays station name, no other info. my audi would display song title/artist/traffic reports/etc/whatever stations broadcasted out it showed and radio layout screen's design is retarded
  3. steering wheel heater light is obstructed from view
  4. no easy place to put my sunglasses, some cars have a compartment in the ceiling
  5. moonroof visor doesn't slide easily
  6. having to use iDrive to control climate control sucks
  7. digital climate control display
  8. digital mpg display PLEASE!
  9. no oil temp gauge? is that an option?
  10. paint on start / stop button wearing down, car is only 3yrs old...they should've painted the underside of the button

Other than that, I love the car!
hahaha e60 not for you man, you need to get a expedition to put your sunglasses away, I normally trow my wallet, ipod and sunglasses on the Idrive screen thats the perfect place, I like it whit out the oil and and temp gauge, also I like a lot the Mpg gauge...

if you have warranty you can get the peeling replaced..
I agree on the climate control display..
I think I drive is one of the most comfortable things on the car, also you can manage yor temp settings, I like that..
Old 01-30-2009, 06:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535i 6-speed
Model Year: 2008

This is an easy one....the ONLY thing I don't like...and I REALLY don't like it...is all the sqeaks/creaks/rattles. One group for summer, and a different group for winter. Honestly, it's probably mostly just me...I am soooo anal about noises in my car it's crazy. Oh...but THAT'S why I pay $60K for my cars!

Quick Reply: what do like least about your E60?