E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what do like least about your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

That the mirrors don't fold with a button!!! US version Non-M5 version, 2004-2007. I believe the 2008 LCI e60's now have the option.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi Touring 2009 328i Touring

the cupholders suck ass. i can barely get a beer to stay in them.

i don't get the phone cradle. all it does is take up center console storage.

the performance is ok, but not as good as my e91.

i'm not digging the smaller screen of the business...
Old 01-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Members

Only a couple complaints...

1) Along with everyone else, the cup holders are pitiful

2) Why the hell is there no iDrive screen to setup UN-locking the car? I've got 2 other cars, and one is a crappy GM, even that you can program it to unlock the drivers door, or all doors and either on putting it in park, or when you turn it off. What's so hard about putting that in the BMW? There's LOCK options, but no UN-lock... job 1/2 done if you ask me. For me this is the absolute most HATEFUL thing about the car. Happens almost every morning, I put my briefcase in the back seat, drive to work then when I get out of the car I either have to climb back in to unlock it because the unlock button is on the dash, not the door OR I have to press the unlock on the keyfob 2x. Very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) Lack of storage, but that's minor and this does force the interior to stay clean

4) No intermittent wiper function. Auto works fine UNTIL you're driving where they salt the roads in the winter. The sensor picks up the salt streaks as "water" and causes the wipers to go. Forces use of a LOT of wiper fluid.

5) minor, general iDrive issues (slow, doesn't return to where you left it when you make a call, stupid warning screen on startup, useless radio presets) but this is all minor, I actually love the iDrive, just a few tweaks are needed.

Oh, and by the way, what's the point of putting a 12V socket in the panel on the passenger side under the dash? It doesn't bother me, I just don't get it. What use is it?

Well, that's my list... BMW listening???

D
Old 01-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

As for #2, I can program my car to unlock driver's door only or all doors on the first press of the key. It is a setting in the iDrive. I do agree it would be nice to have the car simply unlock when put in Park or when the engine is shut off...
Old 01-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by kargeek' post='781262' date='Jan 30 2009, 01:40 PM
With my '08 -I would like the stereo and accessories to power down once I shut off the car and then open the door. Having to push the "start" button a second time once I shut off the engine is a pain. It's that or leave them on, get out of the car with the music blaring and lock the car.

Waiting for the I drive and controls to boot up... without that stupid warning notice

Climate controls- yes I use auto but I miss the simple adjuster wheel to change central air temp
A trick, should be in the tips and tricks thread.

When shutting off the car, press and hold the start/stop button. It powers off everything without the 2nd push. Well except for lights and the iDrive display that are on until the door is opened.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by BMW4Ever' post='781371' date='Jan 30 2009, 04:24 PM
+1 on that!! or I should say +2
People, BMW's are not meant to be eaten in. If it could the car would probably slap you every time you bring food/drink into your car.
That goes for storage too. All I keep in my car is a pen, a pressure gauge, paper, quarters in the ashtray and "youparklikeanasshole" notes.

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/
Old 01-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by dcaranci' post='781537' date='Jan 30 2009, 08:58 PM
2) Why the hell is there no iDrive screen to setup UN-locking the car? I've got 2 other cars, and one is a crappy GM, even that you can program it to unlock the drivers door, or all doors and either on putting it in park, or when you turn it off. What's so hard about putting that in the BMW? There's LOCK options, but no UN-lock... job 1/2 done if you ask me. For me this is the absolute most HATEFUL thing about the car. Happens almost every morning, I put my briefcase in the back seat, drive to work then when I get out of the car I either have to climb back in to unlock it because the unlock button is on the dash, not the door OR I have to press the unlock on the keyfob 2x. Very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As noted, you should have a setting to allow drivers door only or all doors unlocked with one push.
When exiting the car, simply hit the unlock button on the dash to unlock all doors, get your brief case from the back and lock up.

I do have the car auto-lock so anytime there are passengers that aren't familiar with the BMW double lock, I hit the unlock so they don't yank the door handle too hard.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:35 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='367927' date='Dec 15 2006, 03:30 PM
As pa550 described, once you get used to canceling the turn signals in the same direction as they're indicating, you'll have no problems accidentally activating them in the opposite direction. Give it some time and practice and before you know it, you'll have to find something else to "hate" about the car...

You can disable triple turn signal activation in the settings menu...
took me a little while to learn the same way turn signal cancel feature....youll get used to it and begin to like the fact that you can tap the signal keep your hands on th wheel
Old 01-31-2009, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by ld00d' post='781433' date='Jan 30 2009, 05:58 PM
the cupholders suck ass. i can barely get a beer to stay in them.
LOLOLOLOL!! That one almost went over my head. Beer in the cupholder.

I do have one minor wish. I wish that there was an option to leave the radio on when making or receiving a call through bluetooth.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Contributors

for me its got to be the fact that there are loads of them about here in london/surrey.
i used to buy a car that was a little different/exclusive, but the E60 as great as she is , is very common here. i know thats because its a great car, but when you see so many it takes the edge off a bit.

Quick Reply: what do like least about your E60?