E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what do like least about your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535dA M-Sport Carbon Black Nasca Black leather AFS Comfort Access Moonroof Active seat vent Xenon Navi Prof. Night Vision HUD High Gloss Shadow Line

Originally Posted by neoe60' post='781076' date='Jan 30 2009, 03:57 PM
  1. iDrive sucks
  2. radio sucks, RDS only displays station name, no other info. my audi would display song title/artist/traffic reports/etc/whatever stations broadcasted out it showed and radio layout screen's design is retarded
  3. steering wheel heater light is obstructed from view
  4. no easy place to put my sunglasses, some cars have a compartment in the ceiling
  5. moonroof visor doesn't slide easily
  6. having to use iDrive to control climate control sucks
  7. digital climate control display, in my Audi it was this way, easier to use since I could just glance at it and if it was say 67 and I wanted 72, I could put my eyes back on the road and just press "+" 5 times, much safer useability
  8. digital mpg display PLEASE!
  9. no oil temp gauge? is that an option?
  10. paint on start / stop button wearing down, car is only 3yrs old...they should've painted the underside of the button

Other than that, I love the car!
Besides that this is a really OLD thread, I'll bite....

1.) Right. That's why all competitors now have a similar system......
There are several 'short-cuts' which eases up the use. Also, the latest update improves the colors and layout (and speed)

2.) When a station is selected, all info is displayed on the same line as the clock

3.) Don't know about that. Sadly, I don't have that option, but I cannot imagine that it would be a big problem.

4.) There's a great compartment for your sunglasses below your light switch

5.) Have got no moonroof, too bad.....

6.) Why do you need to 'control' the climate control? Just push auto

7.) Can understand that, although I prefer the combination of dials and a digital display (as in the new X5, 3 Series, etc.)

8.) You have that, for the average mpg

9.) I'm with you on that. As long as it's an oil temp gauge and not the water temp.

10.) What kind of acid do you have on your fingers
Old 01-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by LW78' post='781104' date='Jan 30 2009, 09:30 AM
Besides that this is a really OLD thread, I'll bite....

4.) There's a great compartment for your sunglasses below your light switch
Unfortunately North American spec cars don't have the storage compartment you mention. I wish we did...
Old 01-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by solrac6262' post='781082' date='Jan 30 2009, 10:01 AM
hahaha e60 not for you man, you need to get a expedition to put your sunglasses away, I normally trow my wallet, ipod and sunglasses on the Idrive screen thats the perfect place, I like it whit out the oil and and temp gauge, also I like a lot the Mpg gauge...

if you have warranty you can get the peeling replaced..
I agree on the climate control display..
I think I drive is one of the most comfortable things on the car, also you can manage yor temp settings, I like that..
Congratulations on being the only person who likes the fact that there is no oil and temp gauge.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

I hate the envious stares I get from people.

I hate that people hate me because I drive one.

I hate how people ALWAYS cut me off when I'm driving it, but never seem to do so when I drive the crappy loaners. Maybe they figure that because I drive a very nice car, I wouldn't dare hitting them. That may be true now, but some day my warranty is going to expire and they'd better pray that I won't be needing a new tranny or something that expensive, out of warranty. Their little gamble won't pay off for them, but will pay off fo me in a big way.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Members

With my '08 -I would like the stereo and accessories to power down once I shut off the car and then open the door. Having to push the "start" button a second time once I shut off the engine is a pain. It's that or leave them on, get out of the car with the music blaring and lock the car.

Waiting for the I drive and controls to boot up... without that stupid warning notice

Climate controls- yes I use auto but I miss the simple adjuster wheel to change central air temp
Old 01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i - Metallic Mystic Blue, Sport Package, STEPTRONIC Auto Transmission, Leather Interior, Power Front Seats w/Lumbar Support, Xeonon Head Lights (Angel Eyes), Park Distance Control (PDC), 6-CD Changer, Adaptive Head Light, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Professional Radio, Premium Sound Package 13-Speakers Logic 7, Weather Band Radio, Voice Control (for Bluetooth Telephone Operatoin), 18" Run Flats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Flat Tire Monitor (FTM), Moonroof, Fold Down Rear Seats, Hardwired Valentine One

>>I hate the envious stares I get from people.

>>I hate that people hate me because I drive one.

LOL!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

The HPFP....
Old 01-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i / Black Sapphire / Premium / Navigation / Bluetooth / PDC / USB Audio Integration / 6 Speed Sport Automatic with Steptronic / Logic 7 / Comfort Access / Auto Folding Mirrors / Comfort Seats / Rear Heated Seats / 35% Tint All Around / Black Dakota Leather

Originally Posted by mogulbumm' post='368946' date='Dec 18 2006, 10:41 PM
The only thing I dislike about my 550i are the damn cupholders. What a rediculous design. You shouldn't have to reach over to the passenger side to store your coffee... but the rest of the car rocks!
+1 on that!! or I should say +2
Old 01-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525

the stock stereo system
Old 01-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

The transmission slam issue is highly disturbing. It rarely happens to me, but when it does, I always feel like 5000 miles just came off of the life of my transmission. I'm aware of the hold-the-gas-pedal-in-for-60-seconds workaround, and it is effective to a degree, but the car always starts doing it again.

I'll tell you what I like, though - I have an Audi allroad too. Great car, but we just spent $2K on the timing belt replacement, which is essentially scheduled maintenance. The chain-driven BMW will never see that bill.

Quick Reply: what do like least about your E60?