E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what do like least about your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 - 530i Sport, Auto, Alpine White, Dark Poplar, Beige Dakota w/ Comfort Seats, Cold Weather Package (yeah I know I live in SC, but I love it on my back after a long day of golf), Logic 7, Parking Assist, & Auto Sunshade.

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='367944' date='Dec 15 2006, 05:30 PM
The narrow driver's footwell that does not leave enough room for (size 12/46) clutching without catching my shoe on the dead pedal.
Cheers,
Ray Hull
One of the main reasons I passed on the manual 530i I was looking at. My size 13's just kept getting caught in the footwell trying to clutch and shift. In addition to the fact that my wife was giving me the Redass about no one else in the house being able to drive a manual transmission, I thought even I was having trouble driving this manual transmission and I have been driving them since I was 14 yrs old.

Other than that my main bitch is the lack of a temperature guage.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525D M-SPORT // Grey // SB attached

run flats and the range of the remote .... have to be right next to the car which is pointless !! Dealer says thats how it should be (doesnt make sense to me). If the new ML can do it, this should be able to too !!!! Grinds my gears.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

oh and also that you cannot default the HVAC to OFF when yo ustart the car .... annoys me because i dont want any air man !!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 - 530i Sport, Auto, Alpine White, Dark Poplar, Beige Dakota w/ Comfort Seats, Cold Weather Package (yeah I know I live in SC, but I love it on my back after a long day of golf), Logic 7, Parking Assist, & Auto Sunshade.

Originally Posted by nudda' post='828504' date='Mar 27 2009, 05:05 PM
run flats and the range of the remote .... have to be right next to the car which is pointless !! Dealer says thats how it should be (doesnt make sense to me). If the new ML can do it, this should be able to too !!!! Grinds my gears.
I almost wish the range of the remote was less. I came out of my hotel last week in the morning only to find that my trunk lid was popped up and open. I had that happen one other time. I dont know where I was when I bumped the button I guess but it might have sat out there all night like that with my golf clubs in the trunk. Thank God they were still there in the morning.

Come to think of it I am not so sure about that whole trunk pops wide open when you unlatch it feature. I thought it was cool the first time I did it, but having had my trunk open twice when I didnt want it open really takes the bloom off that rose. My e39 used to pop just slightly, but not open all the way open.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Turboe' post='828534' date='Mar 27 2009, 09:59 PM
I almost wish the range of the remote was less. I came out of my hotel last week in the morning only to find that my trunk lid was popped up and open. I had that happen one other time. I dont know where I was when I bumped the button I guess but it might have sat out there all night like that with my golf clubs in the trunk. Thank God they were still there in the morning.

Come to think of it I am not so sure about that whole trunk pops wide open when you unlatch it feature. I thought it was cool the first time I did it, but having had my trunk open twice when I didnt want it open really takes the bloom off that rose. My e39 used to pop just slightly, but not open all the way open.
im 3 m away from my car and the boot wont open. Plus you need to hold the bmw logo for a bit for it to pop open so u must have been leaning against something!
Lucky your clubs were still there, theyd be long gone if u were in the UK
Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by nudda' post='828560' date='Mar 27 2009, 06:44 PM
im 3 m away from my car and the boot wont open. Plus you need to hold the bmw logo for a bit for it to pop open so u must have been leaning against something!
Lucky your clubs were still there, theyd be long gone if u were in the UK
Hold the fob against your body or head when you push to open....it works. Your body acts as an antenna.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530i_msport' post='368854' date='Dec 18 2006, 06:37 PM
Do you have Active Steering?I think that E60s without it have a very ''sensitive'' steering.

Maybe thats it.
Here is a dumb question, but how can you tell if you have active steering? I have read about it, but I am not sure if I have it or not.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Members

There is NOTHING that I dislike about my ride. I'm just posting here because this is my 100th post and just wanted to write something. Sorry.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i Friends don't let friends drive stock!

Yea I gotta say I love mine.
Coming from a long line of Japanese cars, last one being a manual Acura TL which I loved dearly for the value factor. This car just multiplies the return factor!

Things like rattles and minor option kinks I can deal with. She still manages to put a smile on my face. And I always, always turn around to gaze at her when I park her and walk away. Pretty vain yes, but what can I say she's hot!

-Andy
Old 03-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='781572' date='Jan 30 2009, 11:46 PM
People, BMW's are not meant to be eaten in. If it could the car would probably slap you every time you bring food/drink into your car.
That goes for storage too. All I keep in my car is a pen, a pressure gauge, paper, quarters in the ashtray and "youparklikeanasshole" notes.

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/

roflmaoive never laughed so hard, im so printing those tickets and carying them in my car!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: what do like least about your E60?