E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what do like least about your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by sleeper50' post='825472' date='Mar 24 2009, 12:49 PM
seriously, what do I dislike about my e60? ---> It only has 8 cylinders, I want 10!!
Why? It's going back to 8.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='825473' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:54 AM
oops fair comment...I'll rephrase,

mine only has 360hp, I want 500hp (naturally aspirated)
Old 03-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 520D M Sport Manual, Media Package, Dakota Grey leather, USB, Folding mirrors, Carbon Black.

Probably because l haven't figured it out, hence if you know please share. However, being unable to set the stereo to play random tracks across all the CDs in the CD changer frustrates me slightly.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by sleeper50' post='825472' date='Mar 24 2009, 12:49 PM
Well this is interesting....

hmmmmm, the back tires are noisy!

seriously, what do I dislike about my e60? ---> It only has 8 cylinders, I want 10!!
Me too. There's no substitute for cubic inches. Just couldn't slide the M5'S monthly payment past my wife so I got the 550.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535i 6-speed
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by exx1976' post='825395' date='Mar 24 2009, 09:51 AM
Perhaps you should take it to the dealer and get your radio fixed.
I do plan to ask them to fix it...for the 4th time...next time it's in for service. The radio has no problem...it's the black plastic trim pieces around the radio knobs and the AC knobs....basically, all the black plastic trim pieces in that area.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='825473' date='Mar 24 2009, 04:54 PM

That my friend is a sexy looking car
Old 03-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

the navigation....
Old 03-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Members

First of all, I love my '06 530i Sport. It is an amazing pleasure to drive. But it has flaws. Not in any particular order.

- Trunk open button on key fob that sets off the panic alarm if you hold it too long.
- Lack of storage or anywhere to put a cell phone (I don't consider the slot next to the hand break a good solution)
- Run flats ( got rid of them the first week).
- Almost everything about iDrive, it is the least intuitive navigation system I have ever use. Not to mention the lack of a back button and how slow the computer is.
- The slowness of the locking system to the key fob.
- The three blink turn signal. Five blinks would work much better.
- The leather is not very soft (minor gripe).
- The air leak/whistle around the sunroof (on a $50k car this is inexcusable)
Old 03-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d M Sport, Alpine White, 2006, Australian
Model Year: 2005

There is no doubting that BMW make beautiful driving machines ... that's why we are buying them. But I doubt any vehicle can be perfect. Here is my list of personal gripes ... many of which others have commented on:

1. Turn indicators on the dash are obscured by my hands when I'm using the normal 10/2 driving position, so I can't see the little flashing lights. They need to be moved towards the centre of the display;

2. Centre console has no storage space. I end up putting things on the i-Drive shelf;

3. Climate control is difficult to configure using i-Drive;

4. Climate control forgets some of the configuration settings if you press the Max button for maximum cooling. The next time you press Auto you will still have to go and reconfigure some of the settings;

5. Despite separate temperature controls the in-dash vents blow the same air to both driver and passenger. I like 21 degrees C while my wife likes 24 degrees C ... but this has no effect on the air coming out of the dash;

6. CD changer can't play MP3;

7. CD changer is in the glove compartment. This should all be in-dash;

8. Rattles in the back. Something in the centre armrest. Also the rear door ashtrays rattle if they are open;

9. i-Drive forgets my top ten phone list after a day or two;

10. i-Drive screen is wasted when you are not actually using it. Most of the time it has the main menu displayed. Why can't BMW come up with a pictures folder to put your favourite images in (Picture mode)? Why can't it be used to display some basic information in big, bold letters that passengers in the back can read - like the current date and time, current speed, current temperature, etc. in 1" high letters (Passenger mode)? Why can't it be used to display oil temp, voltage, fuel remaining, and other driving statistics (Driver mode)? Why can't it show the graphic equaliser, peak output, etc. when playing music (Music mode) Having several different modes would make better use of the display;

11. i-Drive should be able to reset all servicing reminders. It should not require a BMW dealer to do this;

12. i-Drive should be able to talk to a notebook computer through a USB port and provide some PC software so that when you are setting up your car's climate control, stereo, phone, etc. you don't have to do it all with the i-Drive knob. I've spent hours sitting in the garage twiddling my knob and I'm sure you all have too;

13. i-Drive 5 or 6 "hot keys" beside the knob that are programable, like the buttons on the steering wheel. A shortcut straight to my top ten calling list and another straight to the in-dash vent temperature setting would be good;

14. i-Drive tyre pressure warning doesn't indicate which tyre has the problem. Mine has gone off twice and I needed a tyre pressure guage to tell which tyre was affected;

15. i-Drive navigation is pretty basic. I only have the Business version, not the pro. But it is too outdated for a 2006 car. Seriously, BMW should be ashamed to be selling it;

16. Trunk open button. Should be with the door unlock and hazard buttons;

17. Closing the trunk is hard work. I'm starting to scratch it with my wedding band as I'm often carrying something in my right hand at the time and it needs a bit of force;

18. i-Drive contact list only synchronises with a handful of phones. ALSO, in MS Outlook names are sorted Surname/FirstName/MiddleName, but on i-Drive they are sorted Surname/MiddleName/FirstName. So if I have contacts SMITH, Nancy Alice, and SMITH, Brian Robert, they appear the wrong way around in my i-Drive contact list ... I've got 18 Smiths ... it's very annoying;

19. Phone cradle is really unnecessary. I prefer to keep my mobile in my top pocket and let it connect via bluetooth. That way I never accidently leave it in the car;

20. I like a full-size spare. My 2000 model 323i had a full-size spare with the same rim as the other 4. It should be the same in the new 5 series.

That's it from me ... this is an excellent thread, btw, and I hope someone at BMW has a good read and improves the next 5 series.

Cheers

virgil
Old 03-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Titanium Gray 545i Sport, black leather, navigation, Logic 7, and no money for mods.

I-Drive is slow and clumsy to operate
Automatic transmission slam
Cheap, buzzy steering wheel buttons
Garmin has a better nav system at a tenth of the cost
Runflats are terrible
Decapitating trunk lid
Paint seems to chip and scatch easily
"Cup holders" what a joke
Don't dare owning it without a warranty
The payments

Other than that, it's one fast, great handling, good looking bitch.

Quick Reply: what do like least about your E60?