E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what do like least about your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really dont mind the lack of storage. The slot under the cd player holds my wallet. Phone stays in the pocket at all times because the bluetooth. The cost of bullshit options pisses me off. The ipod adapter should cost 100-200 for EVERYTHING. Its a joke what they charge. The dash should have a indash 6. My brothers piece of shit dodge stratus r/t had an indash six as a 2004 and my 2006 e60 still has a single cd player.

other than this i like my car.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport package- Sapphire black

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='367913' date='Dec 15 2006, 04:03 PM
For me, its the indicators. The electric 'latch' doenst release half the time, and the three flash thing is a nonsense. If the indicators dont cancel, you have to tip them back and most of the time this gives 3 flashes in the opposite direction!

Ive set mine to disable the three flashes.

cheers

steve

I love my e60 100%
Old 03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='824864
The cost of bullshit options pisses me off. The ipod adapter should cost 100-200 for EVERYTHING. Its a joke what they charge. The dash should have a indash 6. My brothers piece of shit dodge stratus r/t had an indash six as a 2004 and my 2006 e60 still has a single cd player.
This is the only thing I don't get about these cars...a Mustang comes standard with ipod connect but our cars don't....

Other than that...no complaints here
Old 03-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport loaded

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='824879' date='Mar 23 2009, 07:22 PM
My car is never cluttered with stuff and since I don't smoke I keep some quarters in the ash tray and that's about it.

This is the only thing I don't get about these cars...a Mustang comes standard with ipod connect but our cars don't....

New Mustangs might, but I can certainly vouch that in 2006 they did not.. Cost me $300 to retrofit it. And then a month later the AUX in on the radio broke. :-(

I don't like the total lack of storage in the interior. The "cell phone cradle" is nothing but a waste of space in the console.

+1 on steering wheel blocking the view of the heated steering wheel indicator light, and the turn signal lights as well.

Everything else is great.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm good at complaining...

There was a bit of a blind spot that almost got
me into trouble (even when looking over my
shoulders) when I first got the car. I now
make it a point to twist my head around
all the way before I switch lanes as opposed
to a quick glance.

The standard seats that come with the premium
package are just crap.

The brakes grab really hard when stopping normally.

Center console needs a change holder.

The "DING DING" seatbelt dummy noise gets old
after a while.

There needs to be more power in the 535i BEYOND
6k in the RPM range.

Side mirrors should be 1" wider

Make "fold down seats" for the trunk standard, not
an option.

Other than that, the car is perfect.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='367913' date='Dec 15 2006, 04:03 PM
For me, its the indicators. The electric 'latch' doenst release half the time, and the three flash thing is a nonsense. If the indicators dont cancel, you have to tip them back and most of the time this gives 3 flashes in the opposite direction!

Ive set mine to disable the three flashes.

cheers

steve
Overall, my 550i Sport is wonderful. But like every car, there is room for improvement.

The interior really lacks storagk space -- especially the center close area.

The cupholders are too small.

The navigation system is primative when compared to the competition, especially from Japan (perhaps the 2010 hard drive-based upgrade is a leap forward). In particular it is slow and the quality of the graphics is poor. My Garmin Nuvi 350 is much better.

The trunk takes too much effort to close.

No backup camera -- a big omission in a $70K plus car.

Still, nothing in the class drives as well as it does. Nothing in the class touches the engine/transmission.suspension/steering.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

i drive works well, whats the fuss, all the others have copied it.

only bad things are ALL the storage/cupholders, tailgate hard to close, interior material wears out easily and yes the steering wheel obstructs the dials, plastic covers on seat rails have fallen off, crap armrests

+++points
the driving, the styling
much better seating and room than MB E and CLS and Audi, dash shape looks like batman emblem,
Old 03-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='824879' date='Mar 23 2009, 06:22 PM
My car is never cluttered with stuff and since I don't smoke I keep some quarters in the ash tray and that's about it.

me and you looking at these cars with the same eyes i think. I dont smoke and have quarters in my ash tray spot as well.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Members

My Ride: Stock for now

I don't like the hesitation when you slightly press the gas pedal and the car does not want to go. I have only owned it for a month now and I'm sure I'll get use to it.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 550, Sport/Navi/etceteraetcetera

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='824864' date='Mar 23 2009, 07:05 PM
i really dont mind the lack of storage. The slot under the cd player holds my wallet. Phone stays in the pocket at all times because the bluetooth. The cost of bullshit options pisses me off. The ipod adapter should cost 100-200 for EVERYTHING. Its a joke what they charge. The dash should have a indash 6. My brothers piece of shit dodge stratus r/t had an indash six as a 2004 and my 2006 e60 still has a single cd player.

other than this i like my car.
If I had a slot under the CD player, I'd be happier. I've got the odd DVD slot there which, from what I'm told, is solely for the navi. That's really weird. But the car kicks ass. No question about that.

Quick Reply: what do like least about your E60?