E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what do like least about your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 01:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlevi67' post='368122' date='Dec 16 2006, 10:47 AM
Yes, but so far I've never had to take the car to a dealer for something else. Will ask them to sort it out the first time the car is in for service (three months?)
Me too but I have 12000 miles to go.

ABC
Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='367920' date='Dec 15 2006, 03:24 PM
usa sport suspension (ARS/DD) is too soft, wish i could get m sport suspension
I agree 100%. I'm also offended as a BMW guy by the conspicuous absence of the M sport suspension in the U.S. market. It's like BMW has said we wouldn't appreciate it. Or, those that do appreciate it must also buy a formula 1 engine and SMG with thier 5 at a premium cost just to enjoy the same breed of handling available on any 3 series with a sport package.

DRP
Old 12-16-2006, 06:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='367913' date='Dec 16 2006, 03:03 AM
For me, its the indicators. The electric 'latch' doenst release half the time, and the three flash thing is a nonsense. If the indicators dont cancel, you have to tip them back and most of the time this gives 3 flashes in the opposite direction!

Ive set mine to disable the three flashes.
cheers

steve
1. The rattles!!
2. The easy to wrinkle leather...
Old 12-16-2006, 07:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I love my e60 100% so nothing that I dont like about it.
I see that most say it rattles toomuch!!!!
I say if you hate nosie then rev the engine or turn the music lounder or even better don`t get BMW, get a MB were most have no noise
Old 12-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Members

My Ride: Just gone-520d m sport- Jet Black- Dakota Leather black- AluCube interior, On order- F10 520d SE-Titanium Silver

Cost of options eg metallic paint eur1100, sunroof eur2000-
Old 12-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='368157' date='Dec 16 2006, 03:39 PM
I agree 100%. I'm also offended as a BMW guy by the conspicuous absence of the M sport suspension in the U.S. market. It's like BMW has said we wouldn't appreciate it. Or, those that do appreciate it must also buy a formula 1 engine and SMG with thier 5 at a premium cost just to enjoy the same breed of handling available on any 3 series with a sport package.

DRP
Whenever an american car is tested on UK motoring programmes (such as top gear) American suspension is slated as being soft and only good on straight roads - incapable of a decent sweeping corner. Hire cars Ive had in my time in the states (16+ times) werent inspiring in respect of suspension either. Perhaps BMW feel that the USA market requires soft comfortable straight line suspension for their cars.........

cheers

stev e
Old 12-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 March E60 530i, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather, Style 124 18" Alloy, Active Steering, Adaptive headlights, Auto-Dim Int+Folding Ext Mirrors, Auto Aircon Advanced, Brushed Aluminium Trim, CD Changer, Comfort Seats, De-Chrome, Dynamic Drive, Electric Glass Sun Roof, Graduate Tinted Windscreen, Heated Front Seats, Natvigation Professional, Sport Steering wheel, Sun Protection Glass, TV function

Originally Posted by hmc' post='367926' date='Dec 15 2006, 08:29 PM
Rattles in the back. Hate it...

Same here, I love every bit of my car apart from the RATTLES in the back. :thumbsdown:
Old 12-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

I love everything about the car...I do wish it had a steering wheel that offered a better view of the gages.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Senior Members

... one more thing... unlike the E39 and most other recent BMWs I've owned, the E60 interrupts auto-power windows or sunroof closing when I turn off the car.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Members

Here's the list- BMW are you listening???

Center console-Zero storage. No place to put anything-someone signed off on the design-not a single flat surface anywhere. The storage space between the front seats is worthless. A complete joke. Who designed the armrest? The storage space is filled up with a stupid plastic flip up thing that takes up all the room in the storage bin. The i-drive knob is where the cupholders should be.
The existing Cup holders are worthless, in a bad position for the driver AND the passenger.

Door storage bins-too small. nothing fits in the driver side because there is a stupid little block wedged in that creats a space too small too hold a full size map or billfold.

Heated steering wheel. Really dumb place for the switch. Did somebody add that on after they finished the job?

I do not have the Push to start switch-but that was added on like something Ford or GM would have done-certainly the E60 dash was never designed to have one. Cheaped out, eh BMW? A short-cut to keep up with the Japanese, just drill a hole in there-it will look OK-then stick the "Key" in a re-rigged lock fob on the steering column. The "Ultimate" in design!

Hot-Cold air toggle dial. Let's dump that. Throw it into I-drive-so you can take a simple effective way to keep cool air on the drivers face to keep him/her alert at 230 KMH on the autobahn. A standard feature so simple that it was axed. Only to be brought back on the E90 3er. If it's not broke....

Rattles. Rattles. Rattles.

Sport suspension, I paid for it. Where is it. I agree, why are Americans not given the "M" sport suspension when we order the sport package? And why did I not get a Sport steering wheel? Or a 19" wheel option?

Runflat tires-they suck. Let ME DECIDE if I want them. Don't make me your auxillary R&D department. And don't try to appease me by replacing them with the same F**King tires when they go wrong after 5, 6, 7 thousand miles. The inconvenience of replacing them is still an inconvenience. Is inconvenience what we get from a company of ideas???

I-drive. Get in touch with your customers. They are not all the same age. Accept the fact that the principle of this design is good. Now spend the money to create a operating system that will work the first time ANYONE tries to operate it. Make it the universal standard. And make it fast.

Navigation-Most 49 dollar cell phones are more sophisticated than a BMW nav-system. A great aftermarket GPS unit-that talks to you, is half the size, has more features and is PORTABLE costs between 300-600 dollars. How much are you selling me your system for? Wake me up tomorrow.

CD changer in the glove box! Whoa-is it still 1960?

No oil temperature guage.... No voltmeter, no dipstick.

ASHTRAYS....? ? ?

Software. You need to get it right or give it up. If in the future the car is going to have more technological features then the computers need to be much more capable and stable.

And finally the radio. GIVE IT BACK. I-drive is OK, really. It handles most of the functions well, communication, navigation and the on board systems. But the radio should not be part of I -drive.

Anybody else.......?

Quick Reply: what do like least about your E60?