E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

what do like least about your E60?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

i wish i could have better gas mileage i guess..
Old 12-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Vinman' post='368304' date='Dec 17 2006, 02:05 PM
Here's the list- BMW are you listening???

Center console-Zero storage. No place to put anything-someone signed off on the design-not a single flat surface anywhere. The storage space between the front seats is worthless. A complete joke. Who designed the armrest? The storage space is filled up with a stupid plastic flip up thing that takes up all the room in the storage bin. The i-drive knob is where the cupholders should be.
The existing Cup holders are worthless, in a bad position for the driver AND the passenger.

CD changer in the glove box! Whoa-is it still 1960?
I hate people putting alot of crap in the cars. makes it look very cheep and looks like you live in it like a house.
A car like this should not have any storage what so ever.only a small 1 to put coins and some other stuff.
I alway like to look at a intee car clean not like a house full of crap.

I think the CD changer in the glove box is better than in the boot, you can change it with out getting out the car if it is very cold or snowing or raining but I wish itis not so far make, a few inch forward would be better.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Vinman' post='368304' date='Dec 17 2006, 06:05 AM
Here's the list- BMW are you listening???
Anybody else.......?
cd changer - where would you have put it? in the boot like earlier cars or one of those daft 6 cd in one slot jobs? In 1960, we didnt have cd or casette or even 8 track, (barely 45 singles from 78's) so thats a bit of an overstatment!

Surely with all those gripes yopu are still not driving the car?

Idrive is fine. No bad statment on my wife, but she got a handle on it first time, and shes not in the least techhy.

agreed, the key is a bit cramped against the start button.

I dont smoke - neither should anyone in a car. Poor ventilation and its as bad to smoke as it is to use a phone when driving. At least one doesnt set fire to your balls if you drop it,

cheers

steve
Old 12-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='368379' date='Dec 17 2006, 04:47 PM
cd changer - where would you have put it?
In my case in the skip.

MP3 is pretty awful compared to CD audio but a single MP3 CD at a reasonable bitrate (say 192kbps minimum) can hold slightly more albums than the CD changer which provides an alternative.

ABC
Old 12-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='368400' date='Dec 17 2006, 05:38 PM
In my case in the skip.

MP3 is pretty awful but a single MP3 CD at a reasonable bitrate (say 192kbps minimum) can hold slightly more albums than the CD changer.

ABC
tell me where your skip is - you can get ?150 for a 6 cd on ebay....

UK SE spec cars just come with a non-mp3player single CD - so ?295 for the stacker isnt bad. You can always remove it, sell it for the 'skip value'and stick an ipod interface in, as it would be cheaper than a 'from scratch' dealer iPod install

cheers

steve
Old 12-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='368362' date='Dec 17 2006, 10:41 AM
I hate people putting alot of crap in the cars. makes it look very cheep and looks like you live in it like a house.
A car like this should not have any storage what so ever.only a small 1 to put coins and some other stuff.
I alway like to look at a intee car clean not like a house full of crap.

I think the CD changer in the glove box is better than in the boot, you can change it with out getting out the car if it is very cold or snowing or raining but I wish itis not so far make, a few inch forward would be better.

The number two reason I really dislike minivans? All the stupid little storage areas and cup holders (aka trash cans). I'm glad BMW has so few. I like to drive the same way I hike... pack in, pack out.

I-drive knob is right where it should be, so are the cup holders.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i (build date 04/05) silver grey metallic/black leather/anthracite maple/6 speed Steptronic/sport package/cold weather package/premium sound package/active cruise control/navigation system/HUD/Sirius satellite radio/comfort seats/rear electric sunshade/rear airbags/rear seat heat/fold down rear seats

1. The harsh ride of the run flat tires and sports suspension
2. The way the trunk releases from the fob button
3. The "Accept" screen on the I-Drive
4. Very little else
Old 12-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Russ' post='368428' date='Dec 17 2006, 03:21 PM
3. The "Accept" screen on the I-Drive
Latest CIP fixes that one.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

not much a some small things here and there, like rattles, lack of power sockets,..
but what is bad is the seats,,the normal seats are terrible, i have gotten used to them but must admit, its not like is should be....next e60 comfort seats is essential....
Old 12-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='368454' date='Dec 17 2006, 10:11 PM
not much a some small things here and there, like rattles, lack of power sockets,..
but what is bad is the seats,,the normal seats are terrible, i have gotten used to them but must admit, its not like is should be....next e60 comfort seats is essential....
The current 520d SE has THREE power sockets - one a the front (cig lighter) and two in the rear. How many did you want?

cheers

steve

Quick Reply: what do like least about your E60?