E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird clutch squeaking and Idrive brake sensor problem.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Guys,
Currently my car has 49,839miles. Warranty is about to run out on my 545i. Before I run out I have some weird problems and wonder if you guys know of any solutions or even heard of it.

1) Whenever I press the clutch pedal at very low speeds (backing out), there is loud squeaking noise and it cannot come from the brakes because I did not use them at all, does anyone have that issue?

2) For the past 15,000 miles or so, my Idrive service screen has always indicated 10,000 miles till both front and rear pads needs replacement. the countdown did not move at all and now my brakes feel very mushy. I have printed TSB regarding this probloem on the forum and service people have refused to replace my brakes under warranty. Their excuse is "your brake pads are only half worn and you have 5mm left, a new car has 10mm and hence you are fine and there is nothing wrong with your brake wear sensor". How can this be true? This would mean that there is virtually no wear on the brakes for the last 10,000 miles which is ridiculous. How many miles do you guys normally drive before changing the brake pads?? Anything I can suggest to my damn service advisors??

3) My clutch is wearing out. When I launch hard, the clutch slips. This is a non warranty issue and I have to replace my clutch out of pocket which I understand. Dealers quote $1200+ for this replacement. Is that true or is the dealer trying to rip me off? Is it possible for me to put an aftermarket clutch in the vehicle??

These issues are certainly starting to bother me and any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.