E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

If you buy a MP switch which is normally open to short out the wires, why can't one just wire then together to create it normally closed so it stays in sport mode the entire time?
Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Crckrjck
That's just crazy. I know everyone will think i'm exaggerating when I say this, but it drives like a completely different car. Throttle remap is immediately evident. I had turned my Sprint Booster off, but had to double-check, it was that responsive + some. Transmission stayed in gear longer, similar to sport shifting mode, however, the shifts were much quicker and distinctive. Steering was also as described with more turn with less input on the quick little roundabout i like to take. In regular drive it doesnt shift to 6th but you can do it manually in sport shifting mode, then when you flick it back to the right it upshifts to 5th gear, that part was odd. Gas mileage will be terrible in that mode, but ill only be using it MOST OF THE TIME!!!

I highly recommend giving it a try if you're so inclined and thanks to the OP dbond!!!

and thanks to BlaSTiWi also, that computer fan wiring is actually perfect for this use.

Just wondering, does your car have active steering? I don't know if having active steering will help give the changes you got.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:09 PM
KOC
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2016

Instructions for upgrading the sports function (Driving Dynamic Control) for E60/E61 VFL

Last edited by KOC; 11-14-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

I can confirm this work on a m-sport auto deisel, though I have to say it seams like it`s in DS, when sport is active and DS is active there's no change to the gear shifts.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
If you buy a MP switch which is normally open to short out the wires, why can't one just wire then together to create it normally closed so it stays in sport mode the entire time?
The feature is activated by closing the circuit to the ground only momentarily, and deactivated by doing the same. So you wouldn't want it closed all the time
Old 11-15-2012, 03:25 AM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by balbs
Just wondering, does your car have active steering? I don't know if having active steering will help give the changes you got.
Yes, my car does have active steering. Sport mode seems to make it tighter feeling and enhance that effect.

I can tell a difference in shifts, particularly at high throttle levels. The shift points are similar to driving with the tranny in D/S, but the shift itself happens more quickly.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
In that case, just get a toggle switch and leave it in the "on" position?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Crckrjck
Yes, my car does have active steering. Sport mode seems to make it tighter feeling and enhance that effect.

I can tell a difference in shifts, particularly at high throttle levels. The shift points are similar to driving with the tranny in D/S, but the shift itself happens more quickly.
The funny thing is I don`t have active steering only servotrinic and I get the heavy steering too.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pradden
In that case, just get a toggle switch and leave it in the "on" position?
I wouldn't advise it, the circuit is ment to be shorted only momentarily.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Members

So I maybe the first casualty trying this. Did everything last night and it doesn't work, and neither does my DCT button, power seats, and steering adjustment now. Thinking I have a loose connector or missed one altogether, but I double checked everything and still no bueno. I am sure I have the correct pins and didn't mess with anything else. Any ideas where I messed up?

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be