E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by a7eys
So can somebody answer this question?
I have a 2005 pre lci 535d M Sport with a remap already installed. It's running at about 330bhp with huge torque figures but I'd like to know whether this little mod would further benefit me or be a step backwards.
I know somebody else asked this question a while ago but I never saw a response. I would like to do this if it makes a difference but don't want to slow the old girl down.
Any response would be hugely appreciated
While I can't answer your question directly, I can say all you have to lose is a few dollars on a cheap switch and about 45 minutes to an hour of your time. If it doesn't do anything, you can always undo it, or never use the switch. If I were you, I'd take a leap of faith and give it a try.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by HKninja
I have a 2008 535i with manual transmission. Will this work on my car and how to do it? I was about to buy the sprint booster but come across this thread.
I would bet yes, and I would do it if I were you. As far as how to do it, go back to pages 5-11 or so. Basically you just take off your trim, expose your seat heater console, and plug a couple of wires in, and tie them into a switch. One hour tops.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver

Originally Posted by balbs
I ordered this for the pin. However, I'm not sure if it's the right part. I'll find out this weekend.

61130005197 bushing contact
Balbs,

Was this the right part number for the pins behind center console. Want to get this mod done and make sure I have everything before I start the job. Thanks for any updates on this.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by RAC3
Balbs,

Was this the right part number for the pins behind center console. Want to get this mod done and make sure I have everything before I start the job. Thanks for any updates on this.
I can't say for sure because the part hasn't come yet.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

If everybody can read that in post #83 on page #9 where all the complete parts listed everybody will be done w/ this mod months ago ... but hey what do I know ...
Old 04-16-2013, 06:12 PM
New Members

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
If everybody can read that in post #83 on page #9 where all the complete parts listed everybody will be done w/ this mod months ago ... but hey what do I know ...
Thanks! ordering parts tomorrow. I decided to go with $19 round momentary button with red light. This will match the aluminum trim on door handles and shifter. Decided against spending over $200 for the new BMW shift bezel and sport button. Waste of money for this mod. I plan on keeping my car for a very long time anyway.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:05 AM
New Members

My Ride: e60

ok so i have a lci i have made up my loom but where do i get access to plug it all up i seen on the first post the arrow is towards to glovebox. i have got into the fuse bit behind the blanking plate but cant see anything resembling the pic can anybody help me please? oh and which pins do i wire into?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by scottelzo
ok so i have a lci i have made up my loom but where do i get access to plug it all up i seen on the first post the arrow is towards to glovebox. i have got into the fuse bit behind the blanking plate but cant see anything resembling the pic can anybody help me please? oh and which pins do i wire into?
1st post. Last pic is the wiring for LCI.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:21 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by balbs
1st post. Last pic is the wiring for LCI.
thanks balbs but i cant even find where the connector is to wire it up do i have to remove the hole glove box and trim?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 AM
New Members

ok well been searching around the car and think the connectors you need to get at arnt in the glovebox they are underneath the glovebox in the footwell starting to get dark now so sadly cant carry on but ill get back in there tomorrow when its brighter and find the connector for the lci. if anybody has had any sucess on a lci please let me know thanks

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be