E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

volume knob

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006 | 10:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='222451
Being serious I think the Stereo controls in the E60 let the car down. I think it looks a little cheap which is a shame as the inside of the E60 is genrally very stylish
I agree with you....I didn't care for it at first but now am used to it and it doesn't bother me at all.
[/quote]

That could be said of most things in life Miss525i
Old 01-15-2006 | 02:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by Znod' post='224358
Znod,

to find out you will have to try and get your hands on a TV series called Father Ted. Its about these two Catholic Priests who live on a fictitious remote little island off the coast of Ireland called Craggey Island. I will let you make your own mind up.

regards,

Grinche
Thanks.

"Father Ted and Simpsons break rules of conversation: Eat my shorts Ted

by Caroline O'Doherty

WITH scabby faced Fr Jack punctuating curses with slugs of whiskey and beer-bellied Homer Simpson giving child protection agencies nightmares, two of the nation's favourite TV comedies between them manage to violate every known code of decency, intelligence and good taste.

But psychologists say that's not the only violation they're guilty of. Father Ted and The Simpsons stand accused of the contravention of conversational conventions. Right so, Ted d'ye think the tooth fairy can fly? Now that would be a contravention of the convention of relation in which a comment should be relevant to the discourse taking place.

But there are all sorts of conventions to upset. And one researcher set himself the onerous task of setting up a video recorder, plumping up the cushions and finding out just how serious a crime Ted and the Simpson clan had committed. Just as he suspected - contraventions all over the place. A total of 125 in one episode of Father Ted and 116 in one daily dose of The Simpsons.

According to Dr Brian Hughes, of the psychology department at LSB College in Dublin, this illustrates how, when and why language is perceived as humorous. That in turn helps explain why nonsensical dialogue can be funny instead of plain irritating and why blatantly incorrect statements are taken as jokes instead of lies.
Despite the study containing the kind of impenetrable technical terminology that would make Bart Simpon's brain explode, the topic did raise a laugh at the annual conference of the Psychological Society of Ireland in Kilkenny. And Dr Hughes admitted to being quite fond of one of the two programmes he studied although professional objectivity prevented him revealing which one."
[/quote]

Your research impresses me Znod. I also like the interior pics of Roddy's car. Looks great and a perfect place for the volume button!
Old 01-15-2006 | 04:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I ilke it the way that it is with the shape that is easy to twist. The rubber has a nice tactile feel.