E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UK E60 Sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 523i M-Sport

Originally Posted by Mambo' post='750382' date='Dec 22 2008, 01:30 PM
I had it done for free by my dealer when I showed them the bulettin
Sweet
I'll be giving my dealership a call soon to get it booked in.
Thanks!
Old 12-22-2008, 06:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Mambo' post='750382' date='Dec 22 2008, 02:30 PM
I had it done for free by my dealer when I showed them the bulettin
I'm going to my dealer with that PDF printed out in January to try my luck. I bet I fail miserably. Maybe I'll go to Munich and ask at the main dealership there (100 yards from BMW HQ). If they won't do it for free then nobody here will.

I just tried my local dealership today and heard them say on the phone to someone "oh we've got no appointments at all free for the next few weeks" so I gave up right away before they even got to me.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Originally Posted by Sagar' post='750343' date='Dec 22 2008, 10:50 AM
Hey Jon,
Check out this thread
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=59271

There is a Service Bulletin out to enable this FOC, but I dont know if UK dealers will do it as easily as over in the US.

Sag
Thanks mate!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

hi everyone, not a newbie to E60.NET, but to this UK sub-forum Great to see you've got this up and running.
I'm originally from Bristol, moved out to near Frankfurt in '99 and am moving on to Copenhagen next year... with the 5er of course!

I've been involved with organising the E60.NET Benelux & European meets. Member "smoppet" has been joining us from the UK. The next European meet is probably going to be Fri.17th to Sun. 19th April at BMW Welt / Munich. There will be a quite a few of us coming from all over the place; UK, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria and Denmark of course! I see you're also looking to get the meet & greets going in the uk, but maybe some of you would also be up for joining us in April? At the moment we're just getting some details together here, but will start a separate Post in the meet & greet section very soon -- basically when the usual suspects have confirmed they can make it.

Well I'm heading back to blighty on Wednesday and thoroughly looking forward to it. Also a good opportunity to enjoy a long cruise over in the 5er... however after arriving I won't be doing to much more driving over the next couple of weeks...

cheers,
Pete
Old 12-23-2008, 02:56 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 525i SE Auto - My first BMW & RWD !

Funny, I also have an appointment on January 8 at the dealer to have the rear parking sensor retrofitted, they said it will take a reprogramming. I have a cd changer too and the in dash player does not accept mp3 cd-s (my 5 is from 2004 Sept, no navigation). I will ask them to enable the MP3 also, and later will buy and install the mp3 connector myself, it seems that should be super easy.

What day are you going to the dealer DD_545i ? Maybe we should storm them together to higher the chances? In any case, could you please let me know of you success if you go there before I do?

This might be quite interesting...

All the best,
Leon (Nor)

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='750431' date='Dec 22 2008, 10:02 AM
I'm going to my dealer with that PDF printed out in January to try my luck. I bet I fail miserably. Maybe I'll go to Munich and ask at the main dealership there (100 yards from BMW HQ). If they won't do it for free then nobody here will.

I just tried my local dealership today and heard them say on the phone to someone "oh we've got no appointments at all free for the next few weeks" so I gave up right away before they even got to me.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m-leon' post='751173' date='Dec 23 2008, 12:56 PM
What day are you going to the dealer DD_545i ? Maybe we should storm them together to higher the chances? In any case, could you please let me know of you success if you go there before I do?
I didn't have a specific day planned. I thought I'd just let Christmas and New Year get out of the way first and then go when the mood takes me. I might make it coincide with a trip to BMW Welt in Munich, because there's a dealer right by it. If I'm really really lucky, they might be doing the changes while I'm wandering round BMW Welt (although this is unlikely).
Old 12-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 525i SE Auto - My first BMW & RWD !

Ah sorry, I am new to the forum and did not read the small letter sentence that you live in Germany now I am somewhat envious for the BMW Welt now ...

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='751182' date='Dec 23 2008, 07:28 AM
I didn't have a specific day planned. I thought I'd just let Christmas and New Year get out of the way first and then go when the mood takes me. I might make it coincide with a trip to BMW Welt in Munich, because there's a dealer right by it. If I'm really really lucky, they might be doing the changes while I'm wandering round BMW Welt (although this is unlikely).
Old 12-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Senior Members

hi stu.

depending on what i drive you have (high/low)
with low..ie no nav or business nav you can select set/scan from the entertainment part of your menu, this will automaticly seek out the best available stations in your area or you can manualy pre load them.
if you have professional nav (high) you select all stations in your entertainment section and again it will seek out the best stations in your local area.
its always a good idea to read up in the owners manual. (bible) it normaly tells you most things, failing that use the search function on here (top right of the screen)

good luck.
david.

Hi, mate just wondering if you still have the 19" 172's do they come with tyres? and how much were you looking for for them, how about 20" fox's? please send pics to nish__9@hotmail.com if possible, Thanks.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

So then guys. How are we looking for a meet up soon?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Contributors

in my best dick dasterdly voice...meet...meet..medal...medal....

Quick Reply: UK E60 Sub-Forum