E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Turn Left, Then right , Then left

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jet190rs' post='251666' date='Mar 8 2006, 05:33 PM
The same can be said about iDrive.

It doesn't help the driver because now we have to look away from the road and look at the screen a lot. All it does is get rid of the buttons on the dash, so its fashion right?
Absolutely agree - the idrive is a fashion led attempt to demonstrate that the e60 is a 'high tech' car and in the process BMW have damaged their reputation for producing reliable vehicles.

It's just a good job their engines are so incredible - makes me forgive them everything.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by katheikia' post='251673' date='Mar 8 2006, 05:55 PM
WOW, I cant understand what the problem is with the blinkers, to me it was not an issue, after I used them once, I didnt have any isues. If you dont like the way they work, change them back to the old way thru I-Drive. YOU HAVE A CHOICE
No theres no choice - the idrive control only lets you switch the 'triple turn' on or off. Theres no way to wind back the clock and make the indicators work like simple click up/down ones or improve the in-dash ergonomics.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by nupe009' post='250855' date='Mar 7 2006, 02:43 AM
I was wondering if this happens to other e60 owners. I turn my signal on to turn left, then I try to turn it off after I change lanes but then the right turn signal comes on. I then try to turn it off and it turns on the left turn signal again. I'm sure that the cars behind me are thinking that I can't make up my mind about which direction I want to go. It seems that my turn signals are very sensitve to touch sometimes.
I'm sure most of us have experienced it...

..during early learning.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Originally Posted by gwf545' post='251262' date='Mar 7 2006, 02:07 PM
This is the real problem as far as I am concerned. The clicker is virtually inaudible and when the stereo is on, you just can't hear it at all. My Chrysler minivan has an alarm tone that sounds off if you you leave a blinker on for more than a minute or so. You'd think BMW would at least offer a similar solution. Better yet, vary the sound of the clicker based on ambiant sound levels.
I forgot to suggest that the turn indicator should also be selectable to show in the HUD. The fact that we can't choose from a broader pallete of HUD display items (e.g. RPM's, transmission mode/gear, etc.) is really silly.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='251824' date='Mar 8 2006, 05:23 PM
Absolutely agree - the idrive is a fashion led attempt to demonstrate that the e60 is a 'high tech' car and in the process BMW have damaged their reputation for producing reliable vehicles.

It's just a good job their engines are so incredible - makes me forgive them everything.
I disagree about Idrive being a fashion led product. It's innovation and the only people that understand it are people who have got used to it and people who grew up with Apple IIe, Amigo, Nintendo, Xbox, etc.

As for the signal, the whole car is nice and perfect that we can't find anything to pick on besides the signal. And yes, it can be debated. Good past time thread.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

I test drove the GS430, M45, and A6 and in each car I kept thinking, why can't they do the turn signals like the 5-series? Personally I LOVE the new way it works.

However, if I accidentally activate it, pressing in the direction it is activated, does nothing - a quick press in the OPPOSITE direction turns it off.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Members

I guess my problem was that I didn't know that they worked the way that some of you have described. I have read my manual but I guess I skipped the section on turn signals because I figured that I didn't need to read about a turn signal. It's just a turn signal, you push it up or push it down and push it the opposite way when you are done. I guess I was wrong. Thanks for all the replies. Maybe I'll go and read every single page of my manual because I may be missing out on some other features. For all I know I may not be putting on my seatbelt correctly.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

I bet you did not know if you put the buckle in in the wrong way round, you will get ejected.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Stranger' post='251967' date='Mar 9 2006, 06:01 AM
I bet you did not know if you put the buckle in in the wrong way round, you will get ejected.

ok............
Old 03-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='251945' date='Mar 8 2006, 09:05 PM
I test drove the GS430, M45, and A6 and in each car I kept thinking, why can't they do the turn signals like the 5-series? Personally I LOVE the new way it works.

However, if I accidentally activate it, pressing in the direction it is activated, does nothing - a quick press in the OPPOSITE direction turns it off.
If you press it in the same direction that is activated up to but not past the resistance point it should definately turn off. If it does not turn off then there is something wrong with it and you should tell the dealer when you take the car in for service.

Quick Reply: Turn Left, Then right , Then left