E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Three Pedals FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v_therussian
So you "over-gas" to avoid that bobbing down (or whatever you call that)? hmmm At what point on the tach do you release the clutch?
Bogging lol..... You just have to sorta feel when to release the clutch...rev, rev, rev, when you think you got a good rev up just drop the clutch and floor it in the same instance....need to time it right

Originally Posted by mwolfe
how abusive is all this to your car?
A launch is more abusive than a rolling start...but I don't do a whole lot of launches and when I do it's usually low RPMs because there isn't much on Naples streets that can compete

(Dont race on public streets )
Old 09-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 bmw 530i

Originally Posted by ivano
I know What you're talking about Vlad,now take this shit:

Walther Röhrl - rallye ace

This is Walther Röhrl, IMHO the very best rallye driver on earth. I met him personally 3 years ago..
take a look at his heel'n'toe technique, it reminds me of a drummer playing double bass pedals

I have quite a lot respect to drivers who are able to use this style...

You need balls of steel!

Sometimes when the streets are empty and I'm alone in my car I use to break with left foot and accelerate with right foot, makes also hell of a fun!
..but I have the sports auto tranny, it revs automatically when I switch the gears down..

btw: How do I embed youtube videos in this forum?

Ivano

omg the spectators at the begging of this video are insane! is that picture really worth your life props to the driver good video
Old 09-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Originally Posted by ADD
I drive like this just about everyday. What's the point of a stick otherwise?
I never use the heel-toe. The pedals in the e60 are close enough that you should be able to just roll the ball of your foot on both brake and gas.

My brake pedal is actually only worn down on the right edge.

Brakes, ummm, where are they located?
Old 09-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Originally Posted by ADD
I drive like this just about everyday. What's the point of a stick otherwise?
I never use the heel-toe. The pedals in the e60 are close enough that you should be able to just roll the ball of your foot on both brake and gas.

My brake pedal is actually only worn down on the right edge.

Brakes, ummm, where are they located?
Old 09-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

just sit more on ur left butt-cheek and u can heel-toe. I do it a lot. I also double-clutch when I downshift from let's say 4th gear to 1st gear. MUCH smoother shifts. It shifts as if it never shifted if the revs are exact. Anytime I downshift to 1st I double-clutch. If you really know your car, u can shift without the clutch as long as the roms match perfectly. But the shifts aren't that quick but lemme tell ya, it;s so smoooooooooth. Boy do I miss the 6-speed.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
just sit more on ur left butt-cheek and u can heel-toe. I do it a lot. I also double-clutch when I downshift from let's say 4th gear to 1st gear. MUCH smoother shifts. It shifts as if it never shifted if the revs are exact. Anytime I downshift to 1st I double-clutch. If you really know your car, u can shift without the clutch as long as the roms match perfectly. But the shifts aren't that quick but lemme tell ya, it;s so smoooooooooth. Boy do I miss the 6-speed.
Going into 1st traveling faster than 15mph just puts a lot of strain on the drive-train...even with the perfect shift....just sayin..
Old 09-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I never quite tried to shift without clutching - just seems like its too easy to damage something this way
Old 09-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Contributors

I never quite tried to shift without clutching - just seems like its too easy to damage something this way
Yea try to keep that for a 99 Civic...lol
Old 09-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

BTW I'm beginning to prepare myself for a new clutch/flywheel setup and there still is no research available out there. I've been previously told to go Dinan - which is not the worst way to go - but there is not listing of a performance clutch/flywheel available on Dinan's site

Also, there's the CDV-delete option that some people offer and I was wondering what are the benefits & risks of that?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Contributors

BTW I'm beginning to prepare myself for a new clutch/flywheel setup and there still is no research available out there. I've been previously told to go Dinan - which is not the worst way to go - but there is not listing of a performance clutch/flywheel available on Dinan's site

Also, there's the CDV-delete option that some people offer and I was wondering what are the benefits & risks of that?
CDV Delete is really easy and simple...but I hear that people can burn up their clutches if they don't shift right...

Quick Reply: Three Pedals FTW!