E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

t-boned e60...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 04:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

I really cant believe the X5 guy talked you into walking away from the accident because you didnt have your license on you....
Old 04-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Satan1974' post='266325' date='Apr 8 2006, 06:54 AM
Firstly, sorry to hear about this, what I say next is not intended as an attack. I hope you all escaped uninjured.

Well I'm guessing that if you pull out of a stop sign, it's your fault for not seeing the other car. An X5 "did not come out of nowhere" did it... it's a big car, and it was driving down the road, and you didn't see it. The stop sign was there for a reason - so you have to stop and check for dangers. You did not do this correctly. The fact that he T-boned you and not the other way round illustrates that you pulled out in front of him, and not that he pulled out in front of you.

We need more information - WHY did you agree to "sort out your own business"...? Did you both agree that you were 50/50 at fault and the legalities were not an issue?
well we just agreed to sort out things by ourselves since she agreeed that there was 50/50 fault between us and legalities were not an issue....we shared our phone numbers also
well plus hiring a lawyer is another problem...alot of money goin to court and to the lawyer of course and it is also time consuming for a student like me
Old 04-08-2006, 04:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='266341' date='Apr 8 2006, 08:26 AM
I really cant believe the X5 guy talked you into walking away from the accident because you didnt have your license on you....
well she didnt really talk me into it
i couldnt really do anything except getting his phone number because my parents are out of town and didnt know what to do in a situation like that....called up my parents and they wanted to solve everything without involving any cops so we just agreed on the 50/50 fault issue
...im looking up the door panels on realoem and they are around $800's including everything in it...im surprised that its not gonna cost THAT much lol

edit: she*
Old 04-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' post='266257' date='Apr 8 2006, 07:02 AM
WHAT!!!? Are you from the U.S.? It doesn't matter if you don't have your license or your insurance info. on you...if they hit you they're still liable. If you bought your car brand new...the dealer would not have let you out of the dealer without insurance...and if you already have comprehensive insurance with another car you're insured for several days prior to informing your insurance of your new purchase. (At least that's how it's here in CA.) As for your license...you could show it later...unless you just didn't have a legal licensej!!!?

This is exactly my reaction as well....

At least you're in one piece...good luck.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

You dont have full coverage insurance?

I guess you can afford the fix and not bother with your insurance then it doesnt matter... to some people a couple thousand is like a few pennies so the hassle is more costly to them. *shrugs*

P.S. Not to me tho! You touch my car you're paying for it in full. I'll take you to court.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by ImAzNUmKaY' post='266225' date='Apr 8 2006, 03:54 AM
today at towncenter, my 530i suffered a horrible accident
as i step on the gas after braking at the stop sign, a x5 comes out of nowhere and crashes into my driver's side door...
theres a little frame damage and window shattered into pieces (my windows were down) and rear door panel's a little crumpled up also...
i did not have my license nor my insurance card at the time so our deal was just to take care of our own businesses...
how much would new doors cost? O_O

ps. i'll post some pics later...not in the mood to look at the car right now

Thats seems rather generous of you to come to this arrangement with the other driver. I bet you could hear the screech of tyres as he sped off into the sunset!
Old 04-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I don't think we hear the whole story from Mr. ImAzNUmKaY. There are many pieces missing.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Members

well heres the whole story
my parents are out of town (up in dc till monday) and i decided to go to weston towncenter to get a battery charger for my phone since it was broken
as i roam through the park lots trying to find a parking space, i came across to a stop sign and attempted to make a right...im sure i looked everywhere but there was a tree that kind of blocked my view but i ignored that and made a right....as i was doing this, x5 swerved into the lane and just rammed me on the side...
kinda funny how the x5 didnt even step on her brakes...
anyways...this was 50 percent my fault since i didnt look carefully enough to see on coming traffic and also 50 percent fault of the other driver who wasnt going on speed limit and not braking on her brakes having the possible distance to hit me on the side...
Attached Thumbnails t-boned e60...-untitled.jpg  
Old 04-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by mr_grinche' post='266523' date='Apr 8 2006, 06:17 PM
Thats seems rather generous of you to come to this arrangement with the other driver. I bet you could hear the screech of tyres as he sped off into the sunset!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Members

Not to bust your balls or anything, but under any cicumstances, you are 100% at fault regardless of how fast the other person was travelling or if she stepped on the brakes in time, because you failed to yield for oncoming traffic, end of story. You should feel lucky that no cops were in sight, cause you would be in trouble big time with no license and insurance, and I'm very surprised that the other lady would let you off.

Anyway, sorry to hear what happened, and hope you drive more carefully in the future.

Quick Reply: t-boned e60...