E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Some idiots stole my 172M 19" wheels last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

No. My garage is used for stuff I buy from Costco The car is parked in front of my house on my driveway.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='541492' date='Mar 8 2008, 09:39 AM
No. My garage is used for stuff I buy from Costco The car is parked in front of my house on my driveway.
On your driveway

I thought the car was in the street? I can't believe the length these scum bags would go to get what they want.

I feel your pain mate....Hope all is ok now.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Members

My Ride: Sept '06 535d M sport ,Silver ,Black Dakota Leather,HUD ,TV, Media ,Visibility,Heated F+R seats,Comfort Seats, Active seats ,Sun protection glass,Dark Poplar wood, sunroof ,Elec Sunblinds , Folding mirrors, 19" 172s ,Extended lights Package, Debadged

Ouch , I feel your pain. Sadly the chances are they have probably been sold already and the new owner has no idea that they are stolen.

Anyway we should all keep an eye on the classifieds / ebay in case they appear....
Old 03-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Senior Members

and if they do, how do you prove that they are Bruce's??
Old 03-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Worst still is now my wife is kindda scared because for them to have done this, they were 2 feet away from my front door. I can't blame here - there I admitted it I'm a bit scared too.

The value of the wheels are nothing compared to the sense of insecurity that we're feeling at the moment. 2 incidents in 3 weeks is a bit too much. We've lived in this house for over 3 years and felt like nothing could make us move, we loved the neighbours and hood that much. But now the wife wants to move. We both know that its an irrational feeling but its still fresh.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='541492' date='Mar 8 2008, 09:39 AM
My garage is used for stuff I buy from Costco
I didn't know Costco sold Bimmers! I didn't even know there were Costcos in the UK!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='541665' date='Mar 9 2008, 01:31 AM
But now the wife wants to move.

Be calm, who steal wheels is not the same thieft who enter in your house, I think.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Members

My Ride: MY08 525i, platinum grey, black dakota leather, black trim, sunroof, HUD, bluetooth, TV, phone, 70% tint

Sorry to hear that. Are they insured?

I guess they're not idiots after all. They had impeccable taste man...
Old 03-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='541665' date='Mar 8 2008, 08:31 PM
But now the wife wants to move. We both know that its an irrational feeling but its still fresh.
I know exactly what you mean about feeling insecure. I moved out of my old area couple of years back for similar reason (car vandalisim by kids). The first thing I did when I moved into the new property is install a visible CCTV pointing straight at my drive & garage. (You may wish to consider that, now a days such CCTV systems are relatively cheap that records 24hrs on rolling 2 weeks on digital media - not tapes or CD/DVDs required)

Yes, ultimately it may not stop them commiting a crime, but I am counting on them being camera shy and force them to wander off else where for their low-life activities.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='541665' date='Mar 8 2008, 08:31 PM
Worst still is now my wife is kindda scared because for them to have done this, they were 2 feet away from my front door. I can't blame here - there I admitted it I'm a bit scared too.

The value of the wheels are nothing compared to the sense of insecurity that we're feeling at the moment. 2 incidents in 3 weeks is a bit too much. We've lived in this house for over 3 years and felt like nothing could make us move, we loved the neighbours and hood that much. But now the wife wants to move. We both know that its an irrational feeling but its still fresh.
Would be cheaper to fit locked gates to your drive (If possible) this would protect both (car & property) and would give your wife a good sense of security. Also, some flood lights (with sensors) and the CCTV idea seems good too - and prices are reasonable.

Again, all this would not stop a very determined thief (I believe these wheels are stolen to order or are in very high demand) but it will deter oportunists and would put off alot of professional thieves.

Again, sorry for your loss and I hope the bastards are run over by the car they fit it too

Quick Reply: Some idiots stole my 172M 19" wheels last night