E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Some idiots stole my 172M 19" wheels last night

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='540042' date='Mar 5 2008, 04:23 PM
BMW stated that they would not allow me or any of their staff to drive that car without it being examined in the workshop. The reason being, they can't tell what damage has been caused to the brakes or the suspension in the act.
sounds like a moneyspinner. Would BMW like to cast an eye over the car if it came back from a wreck repair after an accident? They would never know and your warranty would be unaffected.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The car is being picked up, now all I need tomorrow is for the garage to say Sir 172s are not standard for your car and we cannot replace them. Then I will really start crying.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Senior Members

Smile

That looks like an old story Bruce......Not only are car thieves doing well in Watford, Racisim is also alive and well. First post replying to that article you linked was as below :

Posted by: Karen, Watford on 11:15pm Thu 22 Nov 07
Is this targeting black people - in that bmw cars are mostly driven by black people? I would be otherwwise very surprised at the theft of those wheels as there are far more lucrative wheels to steal.

obviously a well informed white lady.

Well, massa, asa gonna go out and pymp up ma ride with ma bling a ding wheels righty now.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='540170' date='Mar 5 2008, 04:12 PM
That looks like an old story Bruce......Not only are car thieves doing well in Watford, Racisim is also alive and well. First post replying to that article you linked was as below :

Posted by: Karen, Watford on 11:15pm Thu 22 Nov 07
Is this targeting black people - in that bmw cars are mostly driven by black people? I would be otherwwise very surprised at the theft of those wheels as there are far more lucrative wheels to steal.

obviously a well informed white lady.

Well, massa, asa gonna go out and pymp up ma ride with ma bling a ding wheels righty now.
No racing allowed !!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='540168' date='Mar 5 2008, 03:11 PM
The car is being picked up, now all I need tomorrow is for the garage to say Sir 172s are not standard for your car and we cannot replace them. Then I will really start crying.
As an FYI, when my aftermarket wheels were stolen of my Jetta GLX 10 years ago, my insurance company(Geico) cut me a check 3 days later for the full amount of THOSE wheels AND tires. It was awesome! They did not reimburse me for the stock ones. However, I do think I provided them with a receipt for both the wheels and the tires, so that definitely helped. If you still have that or bought these wheels from a dealer, I would get that receipt on file to show your insurance company.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='540168' date='Mar 5 2008, 08:11 PM
If they were not fitted at time of delivery, and you added them later, the insurance company will call this a modification. If you didnt inform them, you may well not be insured.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='539912' date='Mar 5 2008, 02:07 AM
It was so cold last night so the guys had real determination. Obviously have come prepared because the wheel had the locking nuts on, which I can say now are quite useless. But what happened to the Tilt alarm of the car. How did they manage to jack the car up without it triggering.
They've pulled out the blocks from my paving itself to hoist the car up. I'm gutted.....

A few weeks ago my garage was broken into but nothing was taken except the door was completely damaged. And I thought I lived in a 'safe' neighbourhood.
Hey man, I'm truly sorry. I had my car broken into and the CD system stolen as an undergrad. They caused more damage breaking the glass and ripping out wiring than the stupid stereo and speaker boxes were worth. You just feel totally violated and helpless. The problem is that you do live in a safe neighbourhood. One where decent people have nice things they've worked hard to acquire. Dirtbags target these areas as they know the people who live there own things worth stealing. As a car guy, this is particularly disturbing. I hope they rot in hell.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Bruce,

That sucks BIG TIME!

Blast the BMW forums and ebay with a STOLEN WHEELS NOTICE!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh man that sucks. I bet they've been eyeing your car for a while now
Old 03-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Bruce,

This is a really crappy thing to happen! Not much consolation I know, but as 'e60scotland' mentioned in an earlier post I became aware when I first got my car that the standard 'spline' locking bolts are useless - I don't even think they are unique / have different combinations (unless someone can correct me here?). I then became aware that the locking keys to these were been sold on eBay. So, I looked into buying some additional bolts and looked at the McGards (one of the best rated items). Trouble is they are silver in colour (not sure if these are available in black) and all the standard bolts are black, so I thought this would look odd. After a bit of research I found that BMW themselves do an 'upgraded' 'Mcgard' style bolt (in black). Will PM you the details.

I was down in central London last week myself and parked in an underground NCP (Arrived at about 10:00pm). As I was leaving the 'secure', 'CCTV equipped' place, by the only out of hours entrance (past the security control room) I was approach by the security man on duty. He made me aware not to leave any valuables in the car as 3 vehicles had been broken into in the past hour. When I questioned if this had been caught on CCTV he said no. I then asked how these people were getting in and then back out without being seen and he simply shrugged his shoulders. All this and it cost me ?65 for 48 hours parking - I spent 2 days worrying about coming back to a damaged / broken into car! What's this country coming to I don't know..... Gone are the day's of taking your chances in a 'rough area', they now come to the better areas themselves to 'acquire' whatever they want!!

Quick Reply: Some idiots stole my 172M 19" wheels last night