E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

So I almost picked up my e60 yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009 | 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by BulldogE60' post='900619' date='Jun 4 2009, 09:30 AM
tried to BS too much. I got through all of the paper work except for the actual contract. Right before my contract he mentioned the extended maintenance program (i was trying to buy a 06 cpo).

Here is what he told me in the beginning:
1. If I do any of my maint. outside of a bmw dealership my warranty is automatically voided.
2. I need to purchase it the same day I sign my contract, in his words ( its like a chain, they go hand in hand)

Since I wasn't going to pick up the car till friday anyways, I said forget it and let me think about the maint. program before I sign any other program. At this point he knew he effed up and was trying to save himself. He went to get my sales guy and started changing his story.

New story:
1. I can get the service done outside of bmw as long as they are certified (he never once mentioned anything about certified techs)
2. All of a sudden he said ok just sign the paper and he will give me 24 hours to make my decision. I declined and then he said 1 week. I still declined.

The inconsistency of this guy really made me question who I can believe. My sales guy is awesome, but will he back me up in the future if they try and screw me out of a warranty job? I don't know. I gave him a scenario based on what the finance guy said....what if my car breaks down in the middle of no where and I needed to get it fixed and the only shop available was not a bmw dealership, than my warranty will get voided, which will make no sense in buying the car CPO.

The car has 35K on the clock. The free maint is over in 6 months. The next oil change service is in 8K miles, I highly doubt that I will have driven that many miles in 6 months (I average about 10K miles a year). The CPO is over in 12/2011.

Can somebody clear this up for me? Can I use an outside tech w/o voiding the warranty? Also what other maintenance will come up within 24K miles?

I was real disappointed when I left, I was at the dealership for 4 hours and left with nothing......
Sounds like the dealership you went to should be black-listed on this forum...

I'm sure a decent dealer would not treat you like that.
Old 06-04-2009 | 09:19 PM
Contributors

I was doing a little research and came up on this http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2006/bmw/5_...alls/index.html Did any of you had these recalled looked at?
Old 06-05-2009 | 08:33 AM
Contributors

I just got off the phone with BMW NA and confirmed what everybody here already told me. My warranty can not be voided if I use an outside (or even do it myself) mechanic. As long as I use the recommended oils, fluids, etc.
I really want to go to that guy GM and have him rip him a new one, but honestly thats the dealerships problem, they hired him and if they will accept his work ethics, than thats up to them.

Thanks for all the straight and honest answers!!! (wheres that hug icon when you need it haha). I'll keep everybody update on the my road to an e60!

BTW, if you have more feedback please keep this thread going.