E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

So I almost picked up my e60 yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tried to BS too much. I got through all of the paper work except for the actual contract. Right before my contract he mentioned the extended maintenance program (i was trying to buy a 06 cpo).

Here is what he told me in the beginning:
1. If I do any of my maint. outside of a bmw dealership my warranty is automatically voided.
2. I need to purchase it the same day I sign my contract, in his words ( its like a chain, they go hand in hand)

Since I wasn't going to pick up the car till friday anyways, I said forget it and let me think about the maint. program before I sign any other program. At this point he knew he effed up and was trying to save himself. He went to get my sales guy and started changing his story.

New story:
1. I can get the service done outside of bmw as long as they are certified (he never once mentioned anything about certified techs)
2. All of a sudden he said ok just sign the paper and he will give me 24 hours to make my decision. I declined and then he said 1 week. I still declined.

The inconsistency of this guy really made me question who I can believe. My sales guy is awesome, but will he back me up in the future if they try and screw me out of a warranty job? I don't know. I gave him a scenario based on what the finance guy said....what if my car breaks down in the middle of no where and I needed to get it fixed and the only shop available was not a bmw dealership, than my warranty will get voided, which will make no sense in buying the car CPO.

The car has 35K on the clock. The free maint is over in 6 months. The next oil change service is in 8K miles, I highly doubt that I will have driven that many miles in 6 months (I average about 10K miles a year). The CPO is over in 12/2011.

Can somebody clear this up for me? Can I use an outside tech w/o voiding the warranty? Also what other maintenance will come up within 24K miles?

I was real disappointed when I left, I was at the dealership for 4 hours and left with nothing......
Old 06-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Contributors

sorry wrong section.....
Old 06-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Sorry to hear what happened. I believe you can pick up the extended manit program separately as long as you are within the original warranty. There is a dealer in Atlanta which sells the extended maint program online. Check out this link: www.twinkidneygrill.com/maint.html
Old 06-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

Uh as long as the outside tech is fluent in the ways of our cars and uses oem stuff you fine. But thru this site you can maintain your car for a fraction of the price by ....

A) Using Gary of Newport BMW for his wonderful 25% off OEM parts

Using our awesome vendors and their deals on parts as well mostly aftermarket

C) The real key is to extend the powertrain warranty cause the CPO doesnt really cover the TCU's or Idirive stuff etc.. I ran into that buzzsaw

I would call BMWNA and complain about this guy, and then go back to the dealership and ask for a Manager or Owner etc.. and tell them about your bad taste that you have acquired

Tell that Idiot if your broken down in the middle of nowhere your gonna use your bmw towing that comes with the car or Triple A.. what a D-Bag!!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy' post='900673' date='Jun 4 2009, 09:26 AM
Uh as long as the outside tech is fluent in the ways of our cars and uses oem stuff you fine. But thru this site you can maintain your car for a fraction of the price by ....

C) The real key is to extend the powertrain warranty cause the CPO doesnt really cover the TCU's or Idirive stuff etc.. I ran into that buzzsaw

I would call BMWNA and complain about this guy, and then go back to the dealership and ask for a Manager or Owner etc.. and tell them about your bad taste that you have acquired

Tell that Idiot if your broken down in the middle of nowhere your gonna use your bmw towing that comes with the car or Triple A.. what a D-Bag!!
I do not think that is correct about the Idrive and TCU not being covered by the CPO
Old 06-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Senior Members

I went to 2 dealerships and its not
Old 06-04-2009, 06:46 AM
Contributors

Don't want to be a forum hogger haha. I realizedposted this up in the wrong section so I also posted it in the appropriate section (buying and leasing). But thanks for the replies. I was totally bummed. Don't get me wrong, I know you have to pay to play and I was ready for that, but within reason. The finance guy was telling me that I would have to get my brakes done soon which is a $1400 job and I'm sure that I can do it else where for much cheaper (probably can even do it myself), I just didn't want to get stuck with no other option other than a bmw dealership.

BTW, what are the upcoming major services that will come up and the approximate prices and maybe even a tech in socal you can recommend.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy' post='900673' date='Jun 4 2009, 07:26 AM

Powertrain warranty? That was not mentioned, but definitely would sound like something I may be interested in. I'll look more into it.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

I had my plugs and belts installed with parts for 300 bucks, Oil changes are 80.00 with 12 of it being for the filter(you can do it annually or biannually). Brakes are the biggest ticket but again with the folks here the cost is reduced on parts and install.

Uh last thing I knew is that he the finance guy not a tech or lol the Idrive, I dont think he is any position to give you any service advice, That would be the service managers job! Dont let them use scare tactics on you.

oh and lastly they shouldnt be selling you a car that will need a brake job or any maintenance done, kinda defeats the purpose of the car being CPO worthy
Old 06-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy' post='900703' date='Jun 4 2009, 07:51 AM
I had my plugs and belts installed with parts for 300 bucks, Oil changes are 80.00 with 12 of it being for the filter(you can do it annually or biannually). Brakes are the biggest ticket but again with the folks here the cost is reduced on parts and install.

Dont let them use scare tactics on you.
It was mentioned that the idrive will have all the info, I don't have the car right now to look at it, but when are the brakes usually due at? How about inspection 2? Will the light come on for that as well? B/c *and I hate to keep mentioning this guy* but the finance guy said if a light comes on and I don't take it to a bmw dealership, my warranty can be voided.

BTW, how about for you modded guys (lowered, wheels, etc) I don't plan to mod right now, but just incase I do....when you take it in for service do you run into a problem? I would assume that you would get crap only if the problem you bring it in for was caused b/c of your mods, then can it be voided correct?

Quick Reply: So I almost picked up my e60 yesterday