E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Radio question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011 | 05:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by infin8
Hey nelson29, I was quoted $360 shipped on 2 sets (4 mids, 4 tweets, 4 Xovers) of SLX's by an online dealer, but they are not the deluxe with the upgraded crossover. Do the set of regular SLX's sound "that" much different than the deluxe SLX's or the SLC's? Can you do any better than that, or can you get the deluxe SLX's? If so, whats the price on the deluxe set? $250 a set for the SLC's is another $140, I have yet to get a straight answer out of anyone as to the difference between the SLX deluxe and the SLC's, the specs/wattages are just about the same...and the regular SLX's aren't too far off from those. I just havn't heard any of them, and cant find anyone who carries them locally, but based on recommendations from the forums, I'm sure they are a damn good component set.
The biggest differences is the tweeters and like you said crossovers. The SLC set has the CAL25 tweeter, a much better tweeter that has a larger diameter with diffuser compared to the CAL20 tweeter found in the SLX set.The crossover on the SLCs are biampable with tweeter, woofer attenuation and also phase adjustment. Huge difference. Also the mids on the SLC have higher power capability. My personally advice is to go with at least the SLC set in the front and maybe go for the SLXs in the rears if you're in a budget.

Out of curiosity who's quote you those prices on the SLX? There's no such thing as Rainbow Online dealer. You will not get warranty support if you dont get it from an authorized dealer. PM if you want to post the dealer info. Trust me when it comes to car audio you want to be able to have warranty support, i paid the price dearly for trying to save a couple of bucks.
Old 07-26-2011 | 06:22 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by nelson29
The biggest differences is the tweeters and like you said crossovers. The SLC set has the CAL25 tweeter, a much better tweeter that has a larger diameter with diffuser compared to the CAL20 tweeter found in the SLX set.The crossover on the SLCs are biampable with tweeter, woofer attenuation and also phase adjustment. Huge difference. Also the mids on the SLC have higher power capability. My personally advice is to go with at least the SLC set in the front and maybe go for the SLXs in the rears if you're in a budget.

Out of curiosity who's quote you those prices on the SLX? There's no such thing as Rainbow Online dealer. You will not get warranty support if you dont get it from an authorized dealer. PM if you want to post the dealer info. Trust me when it comes to car audio you want to be able to have warranty support, i paid the price dearly for trying to save a couple of bucks.

Nice, thanks for the info. That's a good idea going with the SLC's up front and the SLX's in the rear. I'm def. trying to stick to a tight budget. The price was quoted by woofersetc on Ebay. He had them listed @ $195 p/set or best offer, lowest he would go is $180 p/set. As far as I know they have a good sized website and are an authorized dealer. Def. let me know if they are not... What kind of price can you get for the SLX set w/upgraded Xovers (deluxe) for the rear? How many more do you need for the SLC group buy and how does that process work? Sorry I'm a noob...
Old 07-26-2011 | 07:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Nice, thanks for the info. That's a good idea going with the SLC's up front and the SLX's in the rear. I'm def. trying to stick to a tight budget. The price was quoted by woofersetc on Ebay. He had them listed @ $195 p/set or best offer, lowest he would go is $180 p/set. As far as I know they have a good sized website and are an authorized dealer. Def. let me know if they are not... What kind of price can you get for the SLX set w/upgraded Xovers (deluxe) for the rear? How many more do you need for the SLC group buy and how does that process work? Sorry I'm a noob...
They are not authorized dealers, very long story...On the Deluxe, i can do $220 shipped. If you want the SLC now you dont have to wait for the rest of the guys, i can sell it to you now at group buy price. You can send me an email at nepl29@gmail or PM if you anymore questions.
Old 07-26-2011 | 08:01 PM
Contributors

Absolutely NOT an authorized dealer. I permit them to sell on their site at MAP pricing in order to liquidate their remaining inventory. That is all. Ebay/Amazon from woofersetc is not the same and therefor zero warranty.
Also, once they are out of a product, they are out and that is it. They cannot reorder. So any stories out of stock and should be on xxx date .. False.
Old 07-26-2011 | 10:25 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe
Absolutely NOT an authorized dealer. I permit them to sell on their site at MAP pricing in order to liquidate their remaining inventory. That is all. Ebay/Amazon from woofersetc is not the same and therefor zero warranty.
Also, once they are out of a product, they are out and that is it. They cannot reorder. So any stories out of stock and should be on xxx date .. False.

6spdcoupe,

Thanks for the info., I'm glad I found out before I purchased them. I have been trying to get a quote from you for Rainbows for a couple weeks now. Can you PM me a quote for SLC's and SLX's deluxe?