E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Questions for the more knowledgeable

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Dec 8 2004, 10:31 PM
So you can't get memory on sport seats in Europe? (wherever that is...)
[snapback]66673[/snapback]
To clear things up.. over here you can get memory on sports seats. Our car is equipped with it, however only on the driver's seat.

Our electrically folding mirrors also has the auto tilt-down function, whenever the adjustment "selector" is placed in it's left position and the car put into reverse. On our car only the right mirror tilts (and I presume left mirror for RHD cars).
Old 12-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by paasan' date='Dec 8 2004, 03:38 PM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Dec 8 2004, 10:31 PM']So you can't get memory on sport seats in Europe? (wherever that is...)
[snapback]66673[/snapback]
To clear things up.. over here you can get memory on sports seats. Our car is equipped with it, however only on the driver's seat.

Our electrically folding mirrors also has the auto tilt-down function, whenever the adjustment "selector" is placed in it's left position and the car put into reverse. On our car only the right mirror tilts (and I presume left mirror for RHD cars).
[snapback]66678[/snapback]
[/quote]
That's pretty much what I said (across two posts). Primarily, I was trying to clarify what Iceman was saying. If you read his post, it implies you can only get memory on comfort seats...
Old 12-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

My E60 has the torch, first aid kit and warning triangle.

But then here in SA we drive on the road (not the pavement) and walk on the pavement (not the sidewalk), letters get posted in a post box (not a mail box) and we turn right at the robot (not make a right at the light)!!

Streak
Old 12-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Dec 8 2004, 09:04 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Dec 8 2004, 02:42 PM']3. If you have comfort seats you have memory function and it's a part of it. But it's only the passenger mirror that tilts down.
[snapback]66630[/snapback]
You don't need comfort seats to have the seat memory function. The sport seats have memory (on the driver's side only) and the mirror will dip in reverse...
[snapback]66646[/snapback]
[/quote]
Sorry... Was thinking about my car, and I have comfort seats...

It comes with the memory, what comes on sport or comfort seats.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Also in Europe one can take memory seat option for standard seats as well...
Old 12-09-2004, 03:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IrishEyes' date='Dec 7 2004, 01:32 PM
Hi,

Yes I have the auto trans and I do at times put it in step-mode to get over the problem, but the new problem is one gets lazy and prefers to let the car to do the work. We're not getting any yonger.

Re the torch (sorry flash-light or is it flash-lite!!!), it's only a small thing but I think it's amazing that the bean counters in Munich will spend more time and money working out the different specs for the different countries. Cut a few cents here and there. How much would it cost for BMW to supply a Flash-Torch. The car itself was expensive enough as it was. Actually, thats a good topic for a new discussion.
[snapback]66160[/snapback]

You'd have to be pretty lazy to find it a chore to knock the gear lever over to the left to engage DS mode. You only need to do it once and leave it, unless you need to select reverse or park of course.

The folding passenger mirror on reverse is part of the i-drive programming. I didn't have it when my car was first delivered but after the first software upgrade it magically worked. Have you tried asking your dealer to activate this function?

As for the OBC, I agree it isn't great but it simply moves the info that used to be displayed on the instrument cluster to the i-drive screen. BMW have not upgraded it's capability. I guess they had to think of something to fill that quadrant on non-nav equipped cars and the OBC was the best they could come up with. The Climate function is also very basic on i-drive if your car doesn't have advanced air-con or heated seats.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Dec 9 2004, 01:27 PM
[quote name='IrishEyes' date='Dec 7 2004, 01:32 PM']Hi,

Yes I have the auto trans and I do at times put it in step-mode to get over the problem, but the new problem is one gets lazy and prefers to let the car to do the work. We're not getting any yonger.

Re the torch (sorry flash-light or is it flash-lite!!!), it's only a small thing but I think it's amazing that the bean counters in Munich will spend more time and money working out the different specs for the different countries. Cut a few cents here and there. How much would it cost for BMW to supply a Flash-Torch. The car itself was expensive enough as it was. Actually, thats a good topic for a new discussion.
[snapback]66160[/snapback]

You'd have to be pretty lazy to find it a chore to knock the gear lever over to the left to engage DS mode. You only need to do it once and leave it, unless you need to select reverse or park of course.

The folding passenger mirror on reverse is part of the i-drive programming. I didn't have it when my car was first delivered but after the first software upgrade it magically worked. Have you tried asking your dealer to activate this function?

As for the OBC, I agree it isn't great but it simply moves the info that used to be displayed on the instrument cluster to the i-drive screen. BMW have not upgraded it's capability. I guess they had to think of something to fill that quadrant on non-nav equipped cars and the OBC was the best they could come up with. The Climate function is also very basic on i-drive if your car doesn't have advanced air-con or heated seats.
[snapback]66934[/snapback]
[/quote]

Fair point but it is now running a least 500+ rpm higher all the times. I must give it a (longer) go just to see how it performs anyway.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:13 AM
Senior Members

Are you using the steptronic mode (i.e. selecting gears yourself by flipping the gearlever back and forth) or knocking it to the left to leave it in auto-sport mode which should give you the DS display on the dash?

If you leave it in DS mode the box self changes up more slowly (holds onto revs for better acceleration) and down more quickly (improved engine braking). It is a very useful feature.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Dec 9 2004, 09:13 AM
Are you using the steptronic mode (i.e. selecting gears yourself by flipping the gearlever back and forth) or knocking it to the left to leave it in auto-sport mode which should give you the DS display on the dash?

If you leave it in DS mode the box self changes up more slowly (holds onto revs for better acceleration) and down more quickly (improved engine braking). It is a very useful feature.
[snapback]66968[/snapback]
Cheers. I'll leave it is DS and see what happens. And watch the MPG plummet even further. Re your impending 535d delivery, I take it you test drove the unit before deciding to purchase? Is there a huge difference between the 530d and 535d. It's a tad expensive over here but depending on how the finances work out, I might consider it in the new year. I also heard rumours that they may put that engine in to the new E90 creating a 335d.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by igor' date='Dec 9 2004, 01:03 PM
Also in Europe one can take memory seat option for standard seats as well...
[snapback]66929[/snapback]
I can't find that option anymore in the 05 pricelist.

Quick Reply: Questions for the more knowledgeable