E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pet Peeves

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Fog lights during the day or night when it's not foggy........The clues in the name of when they need to used you idiots!
Old 07-17-2008, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2004 530d. Poverty spec

I can live quite happily with most Americanisms. Internal translator running full steam : Trunk = Boot. Hood = Bonnet. Fender = Bumper. No problem. What really really REALLY bugs me is Gas = Petrol. Petrol is a liquid. It is not a gas. Nitrogen is a gas. Neon is a gas. Steam is a gas. Petroleum is NOT a gas (well, not until it's vapourised in your cylinder anyway).

But that's maybe the chemical engineer in me getting all nerdy .
Old 07-17-2008, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by Effeckt' post='625859' date='Jul 16 2008, 04:27 PM
One of my big pet peeves when it comes to cars/car forums is when people say bumber instead of bumper. ...
One of my peeves is when people say bumper instead of fascia. There hasn't been an exposed bumper on cars since the '80s.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cleung' post='625922' date='Jul 16 2008, 03:11 PM
i hate it when people automatically assume I'm rich because I drive a bmw. Have these people never heard of used cars before? I paid as much for my e60 as some people pay for a new nissan altima and don't see people calling nissan drivers rich. Its all a matter of priorities, I rather drive a nice used car then drive a mediocor (spelling) new car. just my 2 cents.

i had a boss that despised me driving a BMW. even made comments about it in a group meeting at work. he drove a toyota camry.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by nyceric03' post='626049' date='Jul 16 2008, 07:40 PM
When they dont swallow....
lmao
Old 07-17-2008, 05:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by 06530-6M' post='626011' date='Jul 16 2008, 06:46 PM
A longstanding car-related pet peeve I have had for years, and this is with the understanding that it's really none of my business, is when people buy beautiful, expensive, automotive works of art (like a BMW) and then don't take care of it. You know, trash it and treat it like it's some beat up piece of garbage. I think of the days when I didn't have the funds I do now and how much I wished I could have a nice car, and it just irks the crap out of me. It's one of the main reasons why I take such good care of my car -- because I feel blessed and am thankful for what I have.

I'm with you 150% on that one!!! When I see a car like that, I'm like ! But not just expensive cars. I feel like that with any reasonably new car. Why spend the money if you're not gonna take care of it? Just get a bicycle or take public transport. I have an ex-coworker who bought a 545i Sport and she will go seemingly months without washing it, and doesn't care, either!

Another huge peeve of mine is when people misquote HP ratings of cars. I don't know why, but that just drives me bonkers!
Old 07-17-2008, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='626307' date='Jul 17 2008, 04:28 AM
Fog lights during the day or night when it's not foggy........The clues in the name of when they need to used you idiots!
Well, considering they're called "driving lights" nowadays...
Old 07-17-2008, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by boltoa' post='626401' date='Jul 17 2008, 09:25 AM
I can live quite happily with most Americanisms. Internal translator running full steam : Trunk = Boot. Hood = Bonnet. Fender = Bumper. No problem. What really really REALLY bugs me is Gas = Petrol. Petrol is a liquid. It is not a gas. Nitrogen is a gas. Neon is a gas. Steam is a gas. Petroleum is NOT a gas (well, not until it's vapourised in your cylinder anyway).

But that's maybe the chemical engineer in me getting all nerdy .
You sure you're a chemical engineer? "Gas"oline = petrol. Nitrogen is a liquid and a gas. And a fender != bumper.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

Originally Posted by cleung' post='625922' date='Jul 16 2008, 05:11 PM
i hate it when people automatically assume I'm rich because I drive a bmw. Have these people never heard of used cars before? I paid as much for my e60 as some people pay for a new nissan altima and don't see people calling nissan drivers rich. Its all a matter of priorities, I rather drive a nice used car then drive a mediocor (spelling) new car. just my 2 cents.
I agree 110%. I would much rather buy a car with 25k miles then a brand new altima or something along those lines. Everyone definetly automatically assumes you are really wealthy.

Pet Peeves:

-Girls that use there tongue way too much when kissing
-People who piss on toilets....I go ballistic
-Dirty Cars/Dirty Interiors
-kids who drive mommy and daddies nice car and think theyre ballers
-rich spoiled brats
-Jersey drivers sorry jersians
-People who go 55 in the $%^&*#@ left lane!
-Girls with no Gag reflex.......just kidding
Old 07-17-2008, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by Senza007' post='626432' date='Jul 17 2008, 10:02 AM
I agree 110%. I would much rather buy a car with 25k miles then a brand new altima or something along those lines. Everyone definetly automatically assumes you are really wealthy.

Pet Peeves:

-Girls that use there tongue way too much when kissing
-People who piss on toilets....I go ballistic
-Dirty Cars/Dirty Interiors
-Jersey drivers sorry jersians
-People who go 55 in the $%^&*#@ left lane!
-Girls with no Gag reflex.......just kidding
Jersey drivers?? You guys might know how to get around the city but thats about it. I think most left lane hogs on the highways are either from NY or PA.
Sorry, just calling it how I see it.

Quick Reply: Pet Peeves