E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Peeling plastics...please call BMW Customer Relations

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin525i' post='689912' date='Oct 10 2008, 04:57 PM
IT IS NOT caused by handcream. I do not use handcream. It is not caused by children-I have none.
It is not caused by Jewelry or long finger nails. I have neither.
Martin
Ok perhaps I should have said "...in some cases".
Old 10-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='688593' date='Oct 9 2008, 04:15 AM
Dang what do you guys do to your interior? I dont have peeling plastics. It must be the cleaners you use or the car wash place use or your hand cream.
+1
Old 10-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

i just dropped off my car off at Sterling in Newport Beach, CA for some service and to replace all the ones that were peeling (steering wheel, climate control panel, and volume/dvd panel). Kristy (my service adviser) took care of everything for me. You guys that are in OC should talk to her, shes really nice and always takes care of me.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by xoeightx' post='690246' date='Oct 10 2008, 04:26 PM
i just dropped off my car off at Sterling in Newport Beach, CA for some service and to replace all the ones that were peeling (steering wheel, climate control panel, and volume/dvd panel). Kristy (my service adviser) took care of everything for me. You guys that are in OC should talk to her, shes really nice and always takes care of me.
But how does she look

GL with the repairs
Old 10-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by xoeightx' post='690246' date='Oct 10 2008, 04:26 PM
You just can't beat sterling BMW for great service. I'm going back on monday for some last little repairs before the warranty expires... I'm at 49,640 now...
Old 10-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='690248
You just can't beat sterling BMW for great service. I'm going back on monday for some last little repairs before the warranty expires... I'm at 49,640 now...
yeah, i went to Crevier the 1st time for service and was just horrible. long line, the SA was a d*ck, no car loaner service (unless you buy from that dealership), and my car came back with a bunch of swirls after they washed it. I no longer let any of the dealers wash my car because of this.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 M6

i have a 2007 530i and i notice my steering wheel and volume/dvd panel are start peeling too..im going to shelly bmw next week and see if they can replace it or not..
Old 10-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by Martin525i' post='688590' date='Oct 9 2008, 10:12 AM
my 05 BMW which has 34,000 miles that I bought CPO'd in March has had to have the following plastic pieces replaced under warranty due to peeling:
2 pwr window surrounds
2 door pulls ( the piece behind the wood)
surrounding plastic around pwr seat controls passenger side
trim piece around a/c controls
2 trim pieces on steering wheel.
Fortunately the car is still under bumper to bumper warranty-BMW needs to extend the warranty on these faulty trim pieces.

I find it very sad that a 50,000 dollar vehicle does this.
I have a 2003 Ford Ranger that I have had for 5 years-no peeling plastics
My partner's 2006 Lexus IS 250 -no peeling plastics.

I have had 2 BMWs prior to this one and neither of them did it.
Please call customer relations and complain.
1-800-831-1117
I had the same problem with an Audi S4 I used to own when I lived in Singapore. After 6 months of ownership, the interior plastics started peeling. When I took the car into the dealership, the service manager told me that it was normal wear and tear, so warranty does not cover the costs! I argued with the dealer for about a week on this, then I took the issue up with the Audi Asia Pacific office. The matter then was resolved in a day. The dealer will not take care of this for you. You have to take it up with your in-country BMW affiliate. I assume you are in the U.S. which means BMWNA. Customer service will not take proper action on this matter. You'll have to take it higher up to someone who has greater stake in the customer satisfaction of their products. You have to be persistent. I know how you feel and I hope that you get this taken care of to your satisfaction. It's disturbing when manufacturers do not take responsibility of product related issues. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by seoulman' post='690877' date='Oct 12 2008, 12:40 AM
I had the same problem with an Audi S4 I used to own when I lived in Singapore. After 6 months of ownership, the interior plastics started peeling. When I took the car into the dealership, the service manager told me that it was normal wear and tear, so warranty does not cover the costs! I argued with the dealer for about a week on this, then I took the issue up with the Audi Asia Pacific office. The matter then was resolved in a day. The dealer will not take care of this for you. You have to take it up with your in-country BMW affiliate. I assume you are in the U.S. which means BMWNA. Customer service will not take proper action on this matter. You'll have to take it higher up to someone who has greater stake in the customer satisfaction of their products. You have to be persistent. I know how you feel and I hope that you get this taken care of to your satisfaction. It's disturbing when manufacturers do not take responsibility of product related issues. Good luck!
1-800-831-1117

This is a 50,000 dollar car. We have had 3 BMWs, 8 Mazdas, 2 Nissans, 3 Fords. 1 Jeep, 1 Volkswagen, 4 GM products, 1 lexus. and 1 Mercury.
Not until this BMW have I ever experienced peeling or delaminating plastics
Old 10-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Martin525i' post='691062' date='Oct 12 2008, 01:28 PM
1-800-831-1117
You keep repeating this like a broken record. If someone has a problem, they'll probably bring it to the workshop. If it's under warranty, it'll be replaced. If it's past warranty, yes perhaps the owner may have to escalate a bit. It's not necessary to keep repeating the same mantra over and over again, esp. since it probably doesn't impact more than a tiny percentage of people here.

Indeed, the BMW dealer fixed your car - if you are not unhappy with the repair, I don't see why this has to go any any further.

Quick Reply: Peeling plastics...please call BMW Customer Relations