E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Peeling plastics...please call BMW Customer Relations

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='691074' date='Oct 12 2008, 12:52 PM
You keep repeating this like a broken record. If someone has a problem, they'll probably bring it to the workshop. If it's under warranty, it'll be replaced. If it's past warranty, yes perhaps the owner may have to escalate a bit. It's not necessary to keep repeating the same mantra over and over again, esp. since it probably doesn't impact more than a tiny percentage of people here.

Indeed, the BMW dealer fixed your car - if you are not unhappy with the repair, I don't see why this has to go any any further.
Do a search for peeling plastics and you will see that it is not a tiny percentage. Even if it were would this be acceptable? BMW watches this board. They need to know. When I did call BMW about this they said more people should call in. Yes most people are able to get it replaced under warranty. WHat about those that don't ? WHat if doing this BMW can change their supplier? If you are annoyed by the post don't read it. If you do not like what is on TV change the channel.
We both have the right to an opinion and to speak openly about it on here. But, please do not invalidate my concerns.

If BMW gets 10 calls from this and the message gets delivered up the chain it may improve the quality of these plastics. Do we all not want a car that drives, handles, feels like a BMW with high quality?
Old 10-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Martin525i' post='691096' date='Oct 12 2008, 02:17 PM
Do a search for peeling plastics and you will see that it is not a tiny percentage. Even if it were would this be acceptable? BMW watches this board. They need to know. When I did call BMW about this they said more people should call in. Yes most people are able to get it replaced under warranty. WHat about those that don't ? WHat if doing this BMW can change their supplier? If you are annoyed by the post don't read it. If you do not like what is on TV change the channel.
We both have the right to an opinion and to speak openly about it on here. But, please do not invalidate my concerns.

If BMW gets 10 calls from this and the message gets delivered up the chain it may improve the quality of these plastics. Do we all not want a car that drives, handles, feels like a BMW with high quality?
I suppose if you said it once in the thread, I woulnd't have raised an objection. It was the repetition within the thread, imploring people (apparently whether they had a problem or not) to call customer service.

I agree that this type of problem is unacceptable but, just like the case with any part, BMW may have gotten a batch of bad pieces.

Finally, doing a search here does not really tell us very much as people with problems (such as yourself) are far more likely to post on a forum.

In your case, your dealer fixed everything - just like anything else that fails under warranty, that is what a warranty is for and if the repair was satisfactory, there really should be no need to call customer service to complain further.

(I have had over 10 BMWs and have never experienced such a problem for example, nor do I recall seeing any posts besides yours about this problem.)
Old 10-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Sapphire Black Metallic 525i. Beige Dakota Leather, Premium package, bluetooth, BMW Assist, Xenon adaptive lights, Sirius radio

I do not know how to properly insert a link. However, if you search the forum for peeling dash you will find posts.
You are right that they may have gotten bad pieces. I respect your opinion and it is a priviledge to be a contributor on this great board so we may talk about our BMWs. I must agree, though, I have many more good things to say about my BMW than bad
Old 10-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Martin525i' post='691218' date='Oct 12 2008, 06:05 PM
I do not know how to properly insert a link. However, if you search the forum for peeling dash you will find posts.
You are right that they may have gotten bad pieces. I respect your opinion and it is a priviledge to be a contributor on this great board so we may talk about our BMWs. I must agree, though, I have many more good things to say about my BMW than bad
To insert a link you can either just paste it in or type something like the words "click here," highlight those words, and then press the "insert link" button (next to the emoticon button) and it will ask you to paste in the link.

I think we both agree, we all have far many things to say that are good about our cars than bad - let's just hope it was a small batch of defective parts that we are talking about here.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='691235' date='Oct 12 2008, 05:49 PM
To insert a link you can either just paste it in or type something like the words "click here," highlight those words, and then press the "insert link" button (next to the emoticon button) and it will ask you to paste in the link.

I think we both agree, we all have far many things to say that are good about our cars than bad - let's just hope it was a small batch of defective parts that we are talking about here.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=59780

I think this is the one I was trying.

and another

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=46140&hl=
Old 10-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i

Good thing I read this thread -- I have the same issue as well. I have an appointment Friday for another issue so I'll bring it up then.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 M6

i went to shelly bmw today...they tell me its wear and tear...so they wont replace it for me .... they tell me they can change it for me but i have to pay out of my pocket
Old 10-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by 07Jet530i' post='700472' date='Oct 22 2008, 07:19 PM
i went to shelly bmw today...they tell me its wear and tear...so they wont replace it for me .... they tell me they can change it for me but i have to pay out of my pocket
I'm sure that's what my SA will tell me too
Old 10-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i

welp, the SA gave me the 'wear and tear' talk today. Guess I'll try my luck with BMW NA
Old 10-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

YESSSS, I'm victorious! After weeks and weeks of negotiating, my dealer is finally replacing my panels!
In the last 2 months I was at my dealership 3 times for other warranty stuff, and today finally, the fourth time, the agreed to replace the panels. I asked every single time I was there, and now they are finally replacing it. I am sooo happy, I am getting a new interior! (More or less).

Quick Reply: Peeling plastics...please call BMW Customer Relations