E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Passenger side mirror glass slowly creeping in?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i 6spd

Originally Posted by EM_5
Ok, from the Main I-Drive Menu, click the I-Drive Knob. This should bring you to the Settings screen. From there, select Vehicle Settings. From there, select Door Locks. From there, your screen should look like this: [MAKE SURE THAT: LAST SEAT POS. DEACTIVATED] IIRC, the default is activated. Worked for me... No more mirror creep.
Worked beautifully!!

Did this trick a few months ago, and I've never had to re-adjust my mirror ever again.

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by richard313
Worked beautifully!!

Did this trick a few months ago, and I've never had to re-adjust my mirror ever again.

Thanks!
richard313, thanks for the reply. I saw that others have had success with this adjustment -- what exactly is it that is being de-activated with this setting?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Taylor
Thanks, Rudy, on both counts. This will be my first trip to the dealer with my car, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't be too painful a process. Re: the high battery drain, I've printed out some of the threads on this board related to that issue, so I'm hopeful that my service advisor will also exercise some patience in trying to identify the root cause of the issue.
It seems as if identifying the cause of the battery discharge message can be easy or difficult, depending on the skill set of the technician/dealership and/or the actual cause of the problem. As you can see from the complexity of the power document posted in the technical gallery, page 22 mentions that the body-gateway module (KGM) has an "Energy history memory" function that should, in theory, help a technician identify the culprit in these situations. My guess is that some techs aren't aware of the function (or it simply doesn't report all the conditions it should.) Either way, make sure your technician has a look at the energy history memory to see if it helps locate the trouble.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

richard313, thanks for the reply. I saw that others have had success with this adjustment -- what exactly is it that is being de-activated with this setting?
I also changed the setting described earlier and have had no problems since. The mirror creep was driving me crazy. I was having to push my seat memory button every two to three trips. The deactivated setting changes the seat position, exterior mirrors and steering wheel position for different key fobs. Since I am the primary driver the change means nothing to me other than the constant mirror adjustment is over. My wife must press her memory seat button when she drives the car since it is not adjusted when she enters the car(have Comfort Access).
Old 07-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Gilgorm
I also changed the setting described earlier and have had no problems since. The mirror creep was driving me crazy. I was having to push my seat memory button every two to three trips. The deactivated setting changes the seat position, exterior mirrors and steering wheel position for different key fobs. Since I am the primary driver the change means nothing to me other than the constant mirror adjustment is over. My wife must press her memory seat button when she drives the car since it is not adjusted when she enters the car(have Comfort Access).
Thanks for the clarification. I actually am the only driver of my 550i, so deactivating that setting seems to make sense.

-TA
Old 07-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy
It seems as if identifying the cause of the battery discharge message can be easy or difficult, depending on the skill set of the technician/dealership and/or the actual cause of the problem. As you can see from the complexity of the power document posted in the technical gallery, page 22 mentions that the body-gateway module (KGM) has an "Energy history memory" function that should, in theory, help a technician identify the culprit in these situations. My guess is that some techs aren't aware of the function (or it simply doesn't report all the conditions it should.) Either way, make sure your technician has a look at the energy history memory to see if it helps locate the trouble.
Thanks, Rudy. I just got back from the dealership, and my SA said that he would look at the energy history, which he said would be able to identify when the high battery drain error messages occurred, along with the mileage and the battery charge, and any circuits that were drawing power after shutdown. He already told me that the likely reason is "unfavorable driver profile," or something along those lines, since I only drive 70 miles/week, mostly in the city. He recommended that I use a battery tender once a week, instead of once a month (which I'm currently doing).

That said, we'll see if he comes up with any other source of the drain. I have comfort access in my car, and it seems as though many board members have had the rear door comfort access module replaced. I'll keep all of you posted.

-TA
Old 07-28-2010, 12:41 PM
e6t
Senior Members

holy shit, i thought i was crazy.

mine does the same. i never fold my mirrors, but do have it set to point down when reversing.

im try the last seat position deactivated thing... makes sense that it would work.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2012 535i X-driveSpace Grey/Black Dakota, Fineline Anthracite Trim; Executive Package (Rear View, Lumbar, Nav, Voice, SIRIUS, HiFi Pro) Technology Package (Hi Beam Assist, Lane Departure, Blind Spot Detection, Surround View) BMW Apps (Apps, Smart Pho
Model Year: 2012

That said, we'll see if he comes up with any other source of the drain. I have comfort access in my car, and it seems as though many board members have had the rear door comfort access module replaced. I'll keep all of you posted.

-TA
You've probably seen my year old posts but my problems were: Main comfort access module (not door handles), electronic gear shift and aftermarket "Boomerang" (like lo-jac) alarm system.
Three possible things to check.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Gilgorm
You've probably seen my year old posts but my problems were: Main comfort access module (not door handles), electronic gear shift and aftermarket "Boomerang" (like lo-jac) alarm system.
Three possible things to check.
Thanks for the post. I just got my car back from the dealer, and they found nothing wrong with it. They tested the battery, which was fine, and ran a test on all of the circuits after the car went to "sleep" to see if there were any drains. They didn't discover any. I suppose I might truly have an unfavorable driving profile, since I have driven on average only 10 miles a day. My SA recommended using a battery tender every week, which strikes me as a bit inconvenient...