E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Passenger side mirror glass slowly creeping in?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

Rudy, have you gotten to the bottom of the problem and solution?

The fix described in this thread hasn't worked in my case. I have, though, noticed that the frequency of required mirror adjustment is less these days, I'd say maybe once/2 weeks for me.

Cal
Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by calpalmer' post='657001' date='Aug 29 2008, 07:53 AM
Rudy, have you gotten to the bottom of the problem and solution?

The fix described in this thread hasn't worked in my case. I have, though, noticed that the frequency of required mirror adjustment is less these days, I'd say maybe once/2 weeks for me.

Cal
Come to think of it, I think I might have and completely forgot about it. I complained about the issue during my last service and as a fix, they replaced the mirror. (But then again, I also received a progman update to address another issue I was having.)

It's been about a month now and I haven't had to re-adjust my mirror since. Before they replaced it, I was adjusting it every couple days.

Later today, if I remember, I do another test. All I have to do is press the seat memory recall button and see if the mirror moves. If it stays still, it's fixed...
Old 08-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, I just confirmed that the mirror is no longer creeping in.

The big question now is...did the hardware swap or the software update fix it?
Old 08-29-2008, 05:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='657018' date='Aug 29 2008, 01:36 PM

Good news that the problems been fixed....

As I say, mine's going in on Monday, so I'll let you guys know if the car gets any hardware or software reprogramming and see if we can gather a definitive answer from there....

Is there a list of "fixes" in each revision of the software.

I'm currently running 29.02 after the TCU install.

Cheers

Barry
Old 08-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Members

My Ride: Current - MY2008 530i comfort access,active steering, HUD, prof nav/TV, bluetootth etc ..... Old - 2006 530i comfort access, active steering, HUD, NAV/TV, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='657018' date='Aug 29 2008, 10:36 PM

I have the problem and reported it some 7 months ago and got a software upgrade and a new mirror. So what version of software did you get?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

BMW told me that my problem was an 'isolated' problem and that it was normal....
Old 05-31-2010, 05:34 AM
Members

I have had the mirror motor replaced, but it still creeps in while maitaining its up/down axis.
It only does it upon return from the "curb view"

suggestions welcome
Old 07-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Members

Apologies for resurrecting a long-dormant topic, but I've noticed my passenger side mirror creeping in toward the body of my car, and I was wondering whether anyone has figured out the right fix for this problem.

I'm taking my car in tomorrow to have an unrelated problem (high battery drain) looked at, and I figured I might as well mention this issue, too.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Taylor
Apologies for resurrecting a long-dormant topic, but I've noticed my passenger side mirror creeping in toward the body of my car, and I was wondering whether anyone has figured out the right fix for this problem.

I'm taking my car in tomorrow to have an unrelated problem (high battery drain) looked at, and I figured I might as well mention this issue, too.
For me, the "right fix" was to replace the mirror under warranty. Good luck on the high battery drain troubleshooting process -- you may need to exercise some patience while they look for the faulty component.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy
For me, the "right fix" was to replace the mirror under warranty. Good luck on the high battery drain troubleshooting process -- you may need to exercise some patience while they look for the faulty component.
Thanks, Rudy, on both counts. This will be my first trip to the dealer with my car, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't be too painful a process. Re: the high battery drain, I've printed out some of the threads on this board related to that issue, so I'm hopeful that my service advisor will also exercise some patience in trying to identify the root cause of the issue.

Quick Reply: Passenger side mirror glass slowly creeping in?