E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

only had car 2 days and faults already, please help me

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 07:25 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520D SE Auto Titan Silver 2009
Default only had car 2 days and faults already, please help me

Hi All

I picked up a very nice 520D SE yesterday, november 2009 production and extremely low mileage of 21k! Has been well looked after, full dealer history as well.
However, couple of gremlins have hit in less than 24hrs, which has taken the shine off but hoping that you can help me. I have done some research online but thought I would ask the experts. You help is much appreciated.

> Wipers - they are not returning properly and sitting way above the black area of the windscreen. Wipers working ok - all speeds and auto function is also working well. The issue is them not returning. Would this be the wiper motor relay, or something else? I thought the wiper motor relay would mean that the wipers would be more erratic.

> I drive - I have the very very basic radio and single cd, with no sat nav - so just a single drive. Standard speakers also. However, it has been pre-wired for the 6 cd changer but doesn't have one fitted. "CD" is greyed out on the i-drive screen. The cd drive ate a cd, but couldn't play it and won't eject it. I pressed the eject button - you hear very faintly a couple of wirrs inside - but the cd is stuck in! This is hugely disappointing - I was told it was all working and I did not think to take a cd with me. My error I guess. I have tried to do a reset of the i-drive, but could only find the method used when the car has the dvd drive as well (both eject buttons together and volume button). Any thoughts? I hope its not a dashboard out situation.

> Does anyone know how to reset i-drive if you don't have the DVD drive, just the single CD drive like me?

BIG THANKS for any help on these.
Julian