E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The Next 5er after the E60

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 545i (10/03) Sport, 6, bk/bk, Premium Sound, Cold Weather, Active Headlights, Tinted Windows, Clear Bra! Winter wheels 'plastic dipped'

Yep, I'm an American. Yep, I like my coffee in the morning.

How about a real cupholder that doesn't make me worry about my beverage spilling every time I consider placing my cup in that poor excuse for a cupholder...clever mechanics, poor execution.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

I would like an 'official' bmw-back spoiler for the sports package so there is a possibility to get quad exhaust pipes without needing to make another hole in the carrosserie myself...

So we should have the choice between single or double holes.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Would like to see a build-in toilet. Not for me, but for the car, so the airco does not pee in my garage anymore !
Old 03-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Senior Members

1. Put the M=Sport kit on all models
2. Get Steve Jobbs in to sort out the frickin Idrive (or go back to good old fasioned buttons)
3. DO NOT DO ANYTHING WHICH DETRACTS FROM THE DRIVERS ENGAGEMENT WITH THE VEHICLE AND IT'S HANDLING.
4. Stick with engines of the same (or less) displacement and continue to use BMW magic to make them faster and more economical than the opposition.
5. Provide a hydrogen fuel cell option - let's save the planet.
6. NO run flats and FULL SIZE alloy spare wheels as standard.
7. Put the torch back in the glovebox - tightfisted buggers.
8. 19 inch rims as standard.
9. Extra auxilliary power as standard
10. Full wireless ipod integration
11. Beef up the bass in the sound system
12. New steptronic system with mind reading ability (ok i'm losing it now)
13. Stealth mode with rader cloaking device for gatso avoidance.
14. Turbo boost in case I need to jump over a lake / lorry / other vehicle etc.
15. Remote control to confuse baddys
16. Bulletproof glass and bodywork so baddys can't damage it.
17. Basically full Knight Rider options and theme tune.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='248853' date='Mar 2 2006, 06:45 PM
2. Choice of all-weather tires with sport package.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
That was the one queston I asked my saleperson! Yes..i know about the performance issue..but I let mario adrentti (that is if i spelled it correctly) to worry about that.

I know you can say..dont get sprkpg..but i am like a kid (i want my mtv)

..and maybe...an option on the i-drive display a little book about 'how to pickup chicks/gasl for dommies'
Old 03-03-2006, 04:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='249142' date='Mar 3 2006, 02:08 PM
..and maybe...an option on the i-drive display a little book about 'how to pickup chicks/gasl for dommies'
So useless, you are driving an E60+ after all. They are picking up you...
This sexy ride may need a guide "How to repel too enthusiastic chicks".
Old 03-03-2006, 05:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 05 530d M Sport Saloon; Auto; Silver Grey; Navigation System Professional; Sun Protection Glass; M Rear Spoiler; No Model Inscription; Bluetooth Telephone Preparation; BMW 6 Disc CD Changer

Here's my wish list ...

1. New navigation system - I just can't believe how slow and clunky the current proffesional system is.
2. iPod intergration - even as an extra. Given the similarity of the interface (screen and iDrive), why this can't be sorted I just don't know!
3. Wipers orientated for RHD cars.
4. Sports wheels that don't get damaged by the curb - for when my wife parks it :-)
Old 03-03-2006, 06:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Premium Pakage, Weather Package, Navigation M3 Conv Sold!!

I want the new 5er to fly, so I don't have to sit in traffic most of my life.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Contributors

OK, well, here's my list too.

I second the proposal for no more creaking!!

1. How about real tire pressure system (showing actual PSI), like other cars have
2. Digital A/C system - not that this doesn't work, but get with the times!
3. more standard features than options. Fold Down rear seats as an option? c'mon BMW!
4. Ipod integration, of course, as others have said (ridiculous that we don't have it yet!)
5. in dash CD changer, as others have said
6. auto rear side shades, as others have suggested
7. M-sports package availability in the USA.

Having been a customer of BMW for many years, many things about their practices haven't changed or progressed. For example, whenever they intro a new car, they intro it with basic offerings and options. each year, they add a few items, and make some changes. for example, the sports package wasn't really available on the E39 for a couple of years (the handling was, but the nice steering wheel and wheels weren't).. If you notice, Toyota, Nissan, etc, they launch something and keep it that way for the full model run. rarely do you see a different steering wheel, or wheels, or anything year over year.

BMW does this to keep our attention, and "force" us to buy new every couple years. I'm still falling for it. LOL.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Originally Posted by wassy' post='249198' date='Mar 3 2006, 04:08 PM
OK, well, here's my list too.

I second the proposal for no more creaking!!

1. How about real tire pressure system (showing actual PSI), like other cars have
2. Digital A/C system - not that this doesn't work, but get with the times!
3. more standard features than options. Fold Down rear seats as an option? c'mon BMW!
4. Ipod integration, of course, as others have said (ridiculous that we don't have it yet!)
5. in dash CD changer, as others have said
6. auto rear side shades, as others have suggested
7. M-sports package availability in the USA.

Having been a customer of BMW for many years, many things about their practices haven't changed or progressed. For example, whenever they intro a new car, they intro it with basic offerings and options. each year, they add a few items, and make some changes. for example, the sports package wasn't really available on the E39 for a couple of years (the handling was, but the nice steering wheel and wheels weren't).. If you notice, Toyota, Nissan, etc, they launch something and keep it that way for the full model run. rarely do you see a different steering wheel, or wheels, or anything year over year.

BMW does this to keep our attention, and "force" us to buy new every couple years. I'm still falling for it. LOL.
Same as wassy except for #7, have that already.

Quick Reply: The Next 5er after the E60