E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need some help with color on 550i...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 05:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='250082' date='Mar 5 2006, 03:01 PM
Congratulations on your purchase wmbiii.

You're in the same place I was a year ago - had decided on all the options and the color combo was the last hurdle. I loved the dark colors - black, blue, but something didn't look right with these colors. Then I saw two E60s - one behind the other, one was black and the other silver. Then it hit me - the dark colors do not show contrast so they are "one entity". They both had the Sports Package (SP) so the "chrome" was black, and since I was getting the SP as well, I decided right there to NOT get a dark color. The contrast with a lighter color gives the car "lenght" - you can see definition with the windows, wheels, etc, but with the dark colors everything blends together.

I don't want to bore you with the rest - so I'll tell you I opted for the Mystic Blue with the Auburn interior. I think it's absolutely the best combination - but then again, you'll get that from everyone else about their own color choices.

My advise? Keep doing what you're doing - ask for pictures, visit the dealerships and try to see the color combinations in person. Pay attention on the road and don't be shy about asking owners on the street about their feelings. Don't depend on the Car Builder on line. SEE the cars in person.

Look at these.

Enjoy your choice

Hi Santiagi,My fav pic:Need some help with color on 550i...-ahhhhh2.jpg
btw ot: Dingolfing I need the exact address my tomtom did not find that..but we have some more time, unfortunatelly
Old 03-05-2006, 05:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Originally Posted by santiago fonseca' post='250082' date='Mar 5 2006, 09:01 AM
Congratulations on your purchase wmbiii.

You're in the same place I was a year ago - had decided on all the options and the color combo was the last hurdle. I loved the dark colors - black, blue, but something didn't look right with these colors. Then I saw two E60s - one behind the other, one was black and the other silver. Then it hit me - the dark colors do not show contrast so they are "one entity". They both had the Sports Package (SP) so the "chrome" was black, and since I was getting the SP as well, I decided right there to NOT get a dark color. The contrast with a lighter color gives the car "lenght" - you can see definition with the windows, wheels, etc, but with the dark colors everything blends together.

I don't want to bore you with the rest - so I'll tell you I opted for the Mystic Blue with the Auburn interior. I think it's absolutely the best combination - but then again, you'll get that from everyone else about their own color choices.

My advise? Keep doing what you're doing - ask for pictures, visit the dealerships and try to see the color combinations in person. Pay attention on the road and don't be shy about asking owners on the street about their feelings. Don't depend on the Car Builder on line. SEE the cars in person.

Look at these.

Enjoy your choice

I love your color combo, never seen a mystic blue and auburn 550 around here. My wife hates the Auburn but I really like it and love how it looks on your car. Any additional photos you might have? You can send to me at bogeyfree66@yahoo.com. Thanks again for the advice.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:14 PM
New Members

My Ride: Rides: 1992 525i (Sold), 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (Sold), Everett-Morrison Cobra - built 1998, 2005 Nissan Frontier Pick Up (daily driver)

Originally Posted by wmbiii' post='250087' date='Mar 5 2006, 03:13 PM
I love your color combo, never seen a mystic blue and auburn 550 around here. My wife hates the Auburn but I really like it and love how it looks on your car. Any additional photos you might have? You can send to me at bogeyfree66@yahoo.com. Thanks again for the advice.
Thanks! I'm quite happy with it myself. Reading the forums for a long time I read about people regretting some decision they made once they picked their car up - color, options (didn't get this; should have gotten that, etc.), so I really did my homework to get this car you see. I didn't want to have any regrets. I'm quite happy with it.

Early on, I really considered the Titanium Silver as I thought that showed the most contrast, besides being a beautiful color - but I could not get the Auburn interior with it and it is a more common color so that left only one option - Mystic Blue. The Green is nice too but I don't know why it is so unpopular. Green and Auburn would look great as well.

About your wife hating the Auburn color - ask her if she's ever see a Gray cow? Beige cow? The Auburn (BROWN - cow-like, natural-looking) is so rich and deep. Also, I don't think the lighter leather colors would wear as well with time.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Here are a couple more pics. I will send you some at full resolution to your e-mail address in a couple of days

Regards,

Santiago

Need some help with color on 550i...-p1050260_r.jpg

Need some help with color on 550i...-p1050258_r.jpg