E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need Help With A/C pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 08:59 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 530i E60 w/ Sport Package | Automatic | Black on Black
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by Misterpeppe
Sure my friend...
I tell you all and I hope solved!
Have you had any updates on your AC System? That’s great that you found out what the issue was. Does the IHKA have to be programmed if we get it from another E60 at a pull yard? If so then how do we go about programming the IHKA to the car? I’m curious what software is needed to carry out this programming. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2021, 01:15 PM
New Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 525d 177hp y2005
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 2500cc V6 diesel

Originally Posted by Gnortsmralien
Have you had any updates on your AC System? That’s great that you found out what the issue was. Does the IHKA have to be programmed if we get it from another E60 at a pull yard? If so then how do we go about programming the IHKA to the car? I’m curious what software is needed to carry out this programming. Thanks!
Hi Gnortsmralien...no update at the moment because I need to remove ihka before buy. Yes, clima must be coded to work. Really is not a very coded, "only" write VIN of your car on ECU of "new" clima. Last time I coded a part was steering angle sensor (coded and programming) and I use a tool named winkfp (there are many video on YouTube) and INPA + kcan cable. Tomorrow I could remove clima ECU (it's easy). There are a lot of people could code BMW and costs could be 100usd (100usd coded and 60 or 70usd used clima ECU). BMW service are mooooore expensive (1200 USD in Italy).
If you want I could post pictures of INPA cable and do a video of coding IHKA but I need time (2 or 3 weeks at max). Ok?
Old 04-28-2021, 02:12 AM
New Members

Hi everyone...
yesterday I dismantled clima ECU and take picture of part number. Fortunately, on eBay UK, I found same part number (there are a lot of different part number).
Probably no code needed. I think that because last year I changed (coded and program) SZL module and yesterday I found pictures pre and before change part.
In INPA you can select car (F4 key for E60) and in identification (F2 key) or UIF (F3 key) ( I don't remember) you can see all module with group, part number and VIN of car.
In the clima line no VIN was write (yyyyyyy) and all worked fine (see pictures attached).
So, I'm waiting for "new" clima and i hope to solve!

Old 04-28-2021, 03:25 PM
New Members

Default Very Impressive and Quick!

Thanks for giving us these valuable updates with your AC situation. When is your "new" clima panel set to arrive? I'm eagerly awaiting to see if this fix will resolve your AC issues as it is getting hot here in SC. Very much looking forward to having functional AC in my car!
Old 04-28-2021, 08:13 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Gnortsmralien
Thanks for giving us these valuable updates with your AC situation. When is your "new" clima panel set to arrive? I'm eagerly awaiting to see if this fix will resolve your AC issues as it is getting hot here in SC. Very much looking forward to having functional AC in my car!
Hi friend.
Part is already send...from England to Italy about 10 days. I hope on 8th May. Install required 5minutes or less.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:32 PM
New Members

Default Very Impressive and Quick!

Thank you friend, I will check back in with you around the 8th to see how this turns out for you.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:08 PM
New Members

Default Problem solved

Hi everyone!
Today I install "new part" and all work fine...no coded needed.
I install part and before starting engine I removed error with INPA. After check and clear, error 9c5e was remove (with old a/c ECU wasn't possible).
Turn on engine and....no fan running, a/c very cold like BMW can do!!
Now, I attached pictures of part number and I think it's important replace a/c ECU with one have same (identically) part number.
If you have any questions, I'm glad to help!

My old part, number of part 6956827 (see production date 19.01.2005)

"new" part...same part number but different date (21.01.2005) and no problem was.

Up was old part Down was new one

Frame must removed to change only clima ECU!
Old 05-05-2021, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 313 Likes on 300 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

Good to know you got the issue resolved with the IHKA. I've never seen one go bad before but it's definitely a possibility.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:41 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by seanjordan20
Good to know you got the issue resolved with the IHKA. I've never seen one go bad before but it's definitely a possibility.
Hi Seanjordan...
It's not a usually issue but it's my "story"...
you told me check all cables and I do that (thanks a lot for your interest) and all was fine.
I had a suspect was a/c ECU when via Inpa (engine on) I switched off fan and activated a/c and all worked. When removed obd cable, after few seconds, fan start again and no cold air blower!
Probably, INPA via obd could bypass a/c ECU!
Fortunately, BMW service give me the right solution and now I have car without problems and 100% a/c system! Just in time for a hot spring and summer!
Thanks again for your help, Seanjordan!!
Old 05-07-2021, 04:13 AM
New Members

Hey Misterpeppe! I wanted to come on here and thank you for your posting and updates on this issue. I was able to find an IHKA from a 2007 530i at my local junk yard and pull the IHKA from it. Unfortunately it did not have the knobs on it for some reason but that didn't interfere with what my plans were. I disassembled my IHKA and the IHKA from the 2007 530i I acquired from the junk yard. I was able to see straight away what the issue was with my IHKA and it lines up with some brief exposure to moisture the car had back in the fall. It appears that the sensor that sits in front of the internal fan that communicates cabin temp and possibly humidity information to the AC system was visibly burnt/corroded. I'm attaching a photo of the bad section of my IHKA motherboard from when I swapped the perfect condition IHKA components over into my IHKA body which was in way better shape than the one I acquired from the junk yard. I cleared the codes and right away the cooling fan stopped running at full speed and the AC system is blowing ice cold just like a BMW should! Thank you all for your help as this is just in time for a hot and humid spring and summer upcoming!

IHKA Damaged Sensor

Quick Reply: Need Help With A/C pressure sensor