E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need to choose between Logic7/Park & NAV/HUD

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Oct 26 2004, 11:26 AM
You'll also have voice recognition (expanded version) with Nav.
[snapback]49475[/snapback]
Good point! I'd still look into the retrofit of nav on the L7 car. It covers all the bases except HUD...
Old 10-26-2004, 08:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get the Logic7 without a second thought. I have it and it is great, use it every time I am in the car. I also have PDC, don't have much use for it. I usually hit the off button the second it comes on. It has gotten like the accept screen, push button and it goes away. Don't really have a use for Nav./HUD. I can see where they are useful for some people and HUD is kinda cool. I want it a little simpler. Good luck, you can't go wrong.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Oct 26 2004, 09:26 AM
CH7656, If this is gonna be your 3rd E60, then your should already know what options you want.
[snapback]49475[/snapback]
Logical...but that's not the case:
Gotta remember I've been quite happy with just sport/premium/auto and my sunshades...I have not been exposed to any of the options that I am inquiring about. This is because I have never seeked them out. I have not even been in an E60 that has those options. So my point of reference is quite limited...I'll of course go sit in the cars and draw my own conclusions...but for the time being I'm finding the input of those that live with the options daily quite helpful :-)
Old 10-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Oct 26 2004, 07:21 AM
....My neighbor who has it on his M5 says it?s great and once you have it you don?t want to be without it?...
Your neighbor does not have the Logic 7 in his M5. What M5 has is a DSP system w/ "M-Audio" upgrade.

The E39 M5's " M-Audio" system is no where in the league of the Logic-7 system.

If you (or him) ever heard the L-7 system, yor (or him) will only be kicking yourself (or himself) for not having the L-7. The L-7 system is simply awesome!!

cheers,

beewang
Old 10-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Oct 26 2004, 03:21 PM
I?m going to have to choose between these two combinations of options?.but I?m struggling a bit. Car will be another 545 and have auto, sport, sunshade and one of these combinations of options

Logic7/Park Distance
A ?better? stereo would be nice and it certainly would be good to have the addition of the six disc changer?.but I really don?t mind my current ?base? system either (of course I?ve never heard the Logic7 so I have nothing to compare my current system to). Park Distance??? I don?t see that I have the need?but maybe I don?t know what I?m missing. My neighbor who has it on his M5 says it?s great and once you have it you don?t want to be without it?

NAV/HUD
I really only do local driving around SoCal and I am very accustomed to the roads?do I really need NAV?maybe for the wife. She struggles to get from point A to point B in a car?but she drives her allroad 98% of the time. HUD?this one I really don?t know about?can?t imagine that I need it?but again nothing to compare to

Resale value?what?s more appealing?I suppose the NAV

Ps-for those that followed my other thread on my bad paint?.it looks like this is going to be the resolution
[snapback]49418[/snapback]

I would take nav/hud.
I use both everytime I drive and you can't retrofit HUD... Well... you can, but it's too expensive...
So I would take NAV and HUD and would add aftermarket stereo if I'm not satisfied with the sound. PDC isn't that important, espacially over here in the USA...
Old 10-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Contributors

beewang:
I think his neighbor has PDC in his M5, not the Logic7.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

If this is your third E60, order one and wait 6 weeks for a 2005. You can drive with the bad paint job and console yourself that you will have the latest software, Bluetooth, Wood grain in the lower dash and PDC standard.

NAV - I got NAV because I wanted my ED holiday to be a breeze and it was. I know my way around So Cal and have a good sense of direction, but having a map showing me my location is invaluable. E.G. I know the cross street I am looking for is 4 lights away instead of looking out for it 2 miles earlier. Also the information is very useful. Have a craving for In n out? NAV tells me where the nearest one is or finds the next gas stop for me. Having NAV also allows you to interact with all aspects of I-drive through voice control. It takes the hassle out of changing CDs or radio stations.

PDC - Is standard on 2005s - Go for it. The visual aid is great. I just wish I-drive would boot up faster so when I turn on the car and put it in reverse its there already.

HUD Cannot comment. I use polarized sunglasses which I heard rendered HUD useless. In Sunny California that might be a waste.

Logic 7 Worth every penny. Makes the entire listening experience different. It does also show up the inadequate FM quality which I never noticed before.

Comfort Seats I regret not having got these.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

You should test drive the options before you decide. Then you can objectively compare.