E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need to choose between Logic7/Park & NAV/HUD

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 05:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

I?m going to have to choose between these two combinations of options?.but I?m struggling a bit. Car will be another 545 and have auto, sport, sunshade and one of these combinations of options

Logic7/Park Distance
A ?better? stereo would be nice and it certainly would be good to have the addition of the six disc changer?.but I really don?t mind my current ?base? system either (of course I?ve never heard the Logic7 so I have nothing to compare my current system to). Park Distance??? I don?t see that I have the need?but maybe I don?t know what I?m missing. My neighbor who has it on his M5 says it?s great and once you have it you don?t want to be without it?

NAV/HUD
I really only do local driving around SoCal and I am very accustomed to the roads?do I really need NAV?maybe for the wife. She struggles to get from point A to point B in a car?but she drives her allroad 98% of the time. HUD?this one I really don?t know about?can?t imagine that I need it?but again nothing to compare to

Resale value?what?s more appealing?I suppose the NAV

Ps-for those that followed my other thread on my bad paint?.it looks like this is going to be the resolution
Old 10-26-2004, 05:27 AM
Members

My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

why don't get a 530 with all the options and add sat. sport premium
Old 10-26-2004, 05:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I assume from your post that you are getting to choose from cars on the lot. Me personally, I'd take the Logic7 and PDC. The Logic7 sound system is very good and needless to say, it gets used every day. PDC I could leave or take. As for the HUD and NAV, I know there are plenty of people here who love them, but for me they are more on the "nice toys" side of the equation. And don't think they will really come into play in terms of resell value, at least not more than the L7 sound system. If you really feel that NAV wouldn't be of that much use to you or your wife (what! you let her drive your car? ), take the car w/ the Logic7. Just my 0.02
Old 10-26-2004, 05:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Originally Posted by roost' date='Oct 26 2004, 07:27 AM
why don't get a 530 with all the options and add sat. sport premium
[snapback]49420[/snapback]
I already have a 545 but will be getting another one due to a little delivery problem. Current setup has sport (premium, xenon etc?) auto and sunshades?the car is just fine. But with the replacement I?ll need to choose the addition of the options I mentioned.

And oh ya?there is no way in hell I?d give up my V8 now that I've been exposed there is no going back (for me)

ps-I see you're in HB too...perhaps I'll see you around town
Old 10-26-2004, 05:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 26 2004, 07:33 AM
I assume from your post that you are getting to choose from cars on the lot.? Me personally, I'd take the Logic7 and PDC.? The Logic7 sound system is very good and needless to say, it gets used every day. PDC I could leave or take.? As for the HUD and NAV, I know there are plenty of people here who love them, but for me they are more on the "nice toys" side of the equation.? And don't think they will really come into play in terms of resell value, at least not more than the L7 sound system.? If you really feel that NAV wouldn't be of that much use to you or your wife (what! you let her drive your car? ), take the car w/ the Logic7.? Just my 0.02
[snapback]49421[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you...it seems that the Logic7/PDC I would use (and enjoy) on a daily basis and the NAV...not nearly as often.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by ch7656' date='Oct 26 2004, 07:43 AM
[quote name='kscarrol' date='Oct 26 2004, 07:33 AM']I assume from your post that you are getting to choose from cars on the lot.? Me personally, I'd take the Logic7 and PDC.? The Logic7 sound system is very good and needless to say, it gets used every day. PDC I could leave or take.? As for the HUD and NAV, I know there are plenty of people here who love them, but for me they are more on the "nice toys" side of the equation.? And don't think they will really come into play in terms of resell value, at least not more than the L7 sound system.? If you really feel that NAV wouldn't be of that much use to you or your wife (what! you let her drive your car? ), take the car w/ the Logic7.? Just my 0.02

I tend to agree with you...it seems that the Logic7/PDC I would use (and enjoy) on a daily basis and the NAV...not nearly as often.
[snapback]49423[/snapback]
[/quote]

By the way, glad to see that your dealer is working with you on this. I had not been back to your earlier thread in a while. And you guys got it so good out there in Orange County. My folks used to live in Laguna Beach, can't beat that weather! Heck, we're almost into Nov and today's high here in New Orleans is near 90. So much for fall
Old 10-26-2004, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Nav can be useful, even if you don't travel very often. I think it's one of those "once you have it, you wondered how you got along without it" type of things. The HUD is nice but it's much easier to get along without it.

That said, the L7 is probably something you'll use more often -- that is if you enjoy music and have discriminating taste as far as sound quality. Many people are dissapointed in the standard audio system but I don't remember anyone complaining about the L7.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned -- what's the possibility of adding nav at a later date? You might want to consider the car with the L7 and if you decide later that nav would be useful, you can retrofit it and end up with everything (except HUD).
Old 10-26-2004, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

Get the Logic 7. Look at all the reviews on this site. Probably the best sound system available in a car today.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 26 2004, 03:00 PM
[quote name='ch7656' date='Oct 26 2004, 07:43 AM'][quote name='kscarrol' date='Oct 26 2004, 07:33 AM']I assume from your post that you are getting to choose from cars on the lot.? Me personally, I'd take the Logic7 and PDC.? The Logic7 sound system is very good and needless to say, it gets used every day. PDC I could leave or take.? As for the HUD and NAV, I know there are plenty of people here who love them, but for me they are more on the "nice toys" side of the equation.? And don't think they will really come into play in terms of resell value, at least not more than the L7 sound system.? If you really feel that NAV wouldn't be of that much use to you or your wife (what! you let her drive your car? ), take the car w/ the Logic7.? Just my 0.02

[snapback]49423[/snapback]
__________________________________________________ _____________________________

I am confused, I thought PD was part of the 545 as standard in the US now? Why is there a choice? Sorry to jump in with that kind of question.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

gomac,

I think he's choosing between two cars on the lot. One has Nav/HUD and one has L7/PDC...

Quick Reply: Need to choose between Logic7/Park & NAV/HUD